Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 2:51 PM

Default Saiga's

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
What's the chance you guys would get your hands on these? I have bought pretty much all my firearms through you guys and would like a convenient spot to get these.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
We've got something in the works on these; stay tuned.
Should I start a new thread to keep track of this? Or do I need to keep an eye on this thread?

Last edited by indobos72; 11-04-2011 at 2:56 PM..
Old 11-04-2011, 3:09 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by indobos72 View Post
Should I start a new thread to keep track of this? Or do I need to keep an eye on this thread?
We'll announce it in a separate thread when we have things squared away.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest (Coming Soon)

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 11-04-2011, 5:51 PM

Perfect time for you to use the 2A Line.

TWO MORE WEEKS!!
Old 11-04-2011, 9:23 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I send so much money to out-of-state vendors simply due to online convenience and savings...

I hate seeing Cabela's and MidwayUSA listing "in store pick up" when I have to pay shipping

Any chance of Turners going live with E-Commerce so I can continue support my habit while supporting my local dealer?...
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 PM

I'd just like to comment on the fact that you are addressing the concerns of follow shooters and listening to their issues. I while back I thought the customer service at your Rancho store was really bad. The few times I went in there it seemed like I was ignored. One night about 20 minutes before closing I wanted to purchase a $700 dollar sale item and I must have been invisable to the staff, because with 5 salespeople and cashiers and only 2 customers I walked out after about 15 minute because no one would help me. I addressed the problem in a long and detailed email to your office. Your manager Carol was all over it ( hope she's still there), she called me a day or two later, we talked, she had viewed store videos and saw the problem. I promised I'd never come back, she promised she'd address the problems. Well, I've been back and she did address the problems. I've since purchased 4 guns from that store and the customer service is awesome now. Great friendly staff, go out off their way to service a sale.

One quick note. I own a retail store and understand nobody likes to wait, but firearms purchases are time consuming in California and if I have to wait because someone else is completing a purchase my world won't come to an end. It'a difficult as a retailer to determine when to have extra staff and when it's not need, and it always seems like customer come in all at once. I think you've done a great job at keeping the flow going in Rancho. Thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 9:09 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I send so much money to out-of-state vendors simply due to online convenience and savings...

I hate seeing Cabela's and MidwayUSA listing "in store pick up" when I have to pay shipping

Any chance of Turners going live with E-Commerce so I can continue support my habit while supporting my local dealer?...
We will go online a bit after we put our new computer system in place. We were planning on this for this quarter but it's been pushed back until mid-January while they tune things up a bit.

We'd like to be online by the end of Q1 2012.

Store Location Info

Holiday Flyer Sale and Black Friday Specials | Our Weekly Ad | Current Closeout Firearm List
Old 11-06-2011, 9:44 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
We will go online a bit after we put our new computer system in place. We were planning on this for this quarter but it's been pushed back until mid-January while they tune things up a bit.

We'd like to be online by the end of Q1 2012.
cool, thanks for the update
Old 11-06-2011, 3:00 PM
Smite Me
CGN Contributor

I would like to get myself a present for this upcoming Holliday. I'm looking for an m&p9 compact. Do you have them?
Old 11-06-2011, 5:47 PM

Hi
I have a question about my winchester sx3. I bought it from this guy that says he only shoots skeet with it but when i bought it from him, i try to ho skeet shooting with it. It cycles the 7 1/2 - 1 1/8 grain shells fine until u have put out a boc off 25. Then it starts to warm up a bit and then it doesn't cycle all the way out anymore. The first shell will get stuck and the 2nd shell can't be cycled into the chamber? Is ir because it hasn't been broken in with heavier loads yet or is it the rear spring that is in the stock??? Do u have any ideas on what the problem is? Would really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
I would like to get myself a present for this upcoming Holliday. I'm looking for an m&p9 compact. Do you have them?
We just added them; PM sent.

Store Location Info

Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_booce View Post
Hi
I have a question about my winchester sx3. I bought it from this guy that says he only shoots skeet with it but when i bought it from him, i try to ho skeet shooting with it. It cycles the 7 1/2 - 1 1/8 grain shells fine until u have put out a boc off 25. Then it starts to warm up a bit and then it doesn't cycle all the way out anymore. The first shell will get stuck and the 2nd shell can't be cycled into the chamber? Is ir because it hasn't been broken in with heavier loads yet or is it the rear spring that is in the stock??? Do u have any ideas on what the problem is? Would really appreciate it. Thanks
It may be any number of things- dirty gun, dirty or tight chamber, the gun might prefer another brand of ammo. Contact the Turner's store closest to you and they can run it past our Winchester rep.

Store Location Info

Old 11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member

I was curious if there was any of the pmc .45acp starfire from that calguns special still available at the Reseda Turners? Thanks.
Old 11-07-2011, 1:04 PM

Regret selling my old one, so thinking of getting a Glock 19 or 23 (then an aftermarket 9mm conversion). With Glock Days coming 11/11 is there a decent price difference between those sales and the Black Friday deals? If it's the same price or simply $10-$15 savings I would rather just buy sooner than later.
Old 11-07-2011, 2:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacifico23 View Post
I was curious if there was any of the pmc .45acp starfire from that calguns special still available at the Reseda Turners? Thanks.
It is always best that you contact our stores directly for any product availability check.

Store Location Info

Old 11-07-2011, 2:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distro View Post
Regret selling my old one, so thinking of getting a Glock 19 or 23 (then an aftermarket 9mm conversion). With Glock Days coming 11/11 is there a decent price difference between those sales and the Black Friday deals? If it's the same price or simply $10-$15 savings I would rather just buy sooner than later.
Glock will not be in our Christmas Flyer. Glock days pricing will be a bit lower than our prior weekly sale prices plus there's some Glock swag included (hat and a gun rug), too.

Store Location Info

Old 11-07-2011, 5:43 PM

Okay, I've got a question on how the firearm buying process has changed at Turner's.

The old way went like this:

I pick out a gun I want. The salesman talks me through the 4473 and Dros forms. I get photocopies of my identity documents made, an inquiry goes through the computer, and since I'm a good person everything is OK. The salesman prints out the invoice and explains all the items on it. I initial the part that talks about the pick up dates and time and the order cancel fee.

Now I go to the cashier and pay for everything; the cashier staples the receipt to the invoice and stamps the invoice "Paid". Then I go back to the firearms sales counter and give one copy of the invoice to the salesman, who promptly files it away. Then I go and wait ten days.

More recently, the process goes like this:

I pick out a gun I want. The salesman talks me through the 4473 and Dros forms. I get photocopies of my identity documents made, an inquiry goes through the computer, and since I'm a good person everything is OK. The salesman prints out the invoice and explains all the items on it. I initial the part that talks about the pick up dates. He then wishes me a happy ten days.

My questions are:

Is the order cancel fee something that's waived for reliable long time customers like me? I see some of the other customers initialing that part.

Can I pay for the gun at any point during the waiting period? I make a point to pay for it that same visit, but its implied that's not necessary.
Old 11-08-2011, 8:41 AM

Any updates on when we might be seeing the Christmas ad? Wouldn't mind seeing the black Friday one either .
Old 11-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Neon View Post
Is the order cancel fee something that's waived for reliable long time customers like me? I see some of the other customers initialing that part.
Our manager's can reach out to our Store Sales/Mgmt Director whenever they want to make a case for waiving (or using store credit, in lieu of) a cancellation charge.

All parts of the layaway apply to all customers, but when life happens our managers can work with customers on a case-by-case basis and figure something out.

Quote:
Can I pay for the gun at any point during the waiting period? I make a point to pay for it that same visit, but its implied that's not necessary.
This was just addressed recently. There were numerous and very valid reasons why we have insisted why we would only start DROS at the time that the gun was paid-in-full. We went over this at our last Store Manager's Meeting and we have loosened this up a bit.

Today, we will start DROS at time of minimum (30% of total ticket) deposit.

If a customer fails to come in before 30 days and pay it off and pick-up, they'll have to come back in pay off the gun and pay for new DROS fees and start a new 10-day wait.

If they don't make it in by 45 days and no arrangement has been agreed upon by the Store Manager and the customer, the customer will be assessed the cancellation charge.

Store Location Info

Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrotalus View Post
Any updates on when we might be seeing the Christmas ad? Wouldn't mind seeing the black Friday one either .
Soon ...

Store Location Info

Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
[..]
This was just addressed recently. There were numerous and very valid reasons why we have insisted why we would only start DROS at the time that the gun was paid-in-full. We went over this at our last Store Manager's Meeting and we have loosened this up a bit.

Today, we will start DROS at time of minimum (30% of total ticket) deposit.

If a customer fails to come in before 30 days and pay it off and pick-up, they'll have to come back in pay off the gun and pay for new DROS fees and start a new 10-day wait.

If they don't make it in by 45 days and no arrangement has been agreed upon by the Store Manager and the customer, the customer will be assessed the cancellation charge.
Is this something we have to bring up to the salesman at the time of deposit or is it automatic now? When I put a deposit down my intention is to come back within 2-4 days (Deposit Thursday. Payoff Sunday) removing those extra days from the wait would be awesome.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distro View Post
Is this something we have to bring up to the salesman at the time of deposit or is it automatic now? When I put a deposit down my intention is to come back within 2-4 days (Deposit Thursday. Payoff Sunday) removing those extra days from the wait would be awesome.
Being that it is new and optional, you'll definitely want to let them know at the onset that you want to start DROS and pay off on your pick-up day.

Store Location Info

Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Got a question: in August, I purchased a Walther P-1 from the Kerney Mesa store for $299. I was in the same store last week and saw the same guns for 269. Being that a couple of months have passed, would I still be able to get the difference back? Even if it was in store credit it would be nice. Also, do you have plans to carry the Taurus circuit judge?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Calguns Addict

will you guys ever carry colt striped lowers?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphAndrew View Post
Got a question: in August, I purchased a Walther P-1 from the Kerney Mesa store for $299. I was in the same store last week and saw the same guns for 269. Being that a couple of months have passed, would I still be able to get the difference back? Even if it was in store credit it would be nice. Also, do you have plans to carry the Taurus circuit judge?
Typically we price protect for about 30 days after pick-up.

On the P-1's, we dropped the price on the remaining guns because they are getting fairly picked over. A lot of those remaining pistols do not have the cross-pin or heavier slide upgrades that the bulk of these pistols had and/or they are just not as in good as condition as the one's we ran at $299 or higher.

As for the Circuit Judge, we're working on that.

Store Location Info

Old 11-08-2011, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0use View Post
Couldn't you buy a regular lower and then stripe it yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Bay Basser View Post
...I'm safe and they smell like snuggle bear now.
Old 11-08-2011, 4:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtjester View Post
The point of buying a stripped lower is:

1 - To avoid buying a bunch of stuff you don't want
2 - To put the gun together little bit at a time.

#1 is a big money saver if you can't find a buyer for that A2 or Commercial buffer telescoping stock, or for that 1:12 barrel.

#2 may end up costing more money in the long run, but for someone on a tight weekly budget, it's easier to spend $1400 on a rifle over 12 months than it is to drop $900-$1200 at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 11-08-2011, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
The point of buying a stripped lower is:

1 - To avoid buying a bunch of stuff you don't want
2 - To put the gun together little bit at a time.

#1 is a big money saver if you can't find a buyer for that A2 or Commercial buffer telescoping stock, or for that 1:12 barrel.

#2 may end up costing more money in the long run, but for someone on a tight weekly budget, it's easier to spend $1400 on a rifle over 12 months than it is to drop $900-$1200 at once.
But he said he wanted a striped lower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Bay Basser View Post
...I'm safe and they smell like snuggle bear now.
Old 11-08-2011, 6:49 PM
Calguns Addict

miss spelled. stripped lower is what i want. i want to ad my own parts but would like a colt lower.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:44 AM

just curious of why no pictures can be taken of a gun that was drosed? paid in full an started the 10 day wait? after all the paper work was done i went to take a picture from my phone an sales clerk said no. sorry if this has been covered before. thsnks for the feed back
Old 11-09-2011, 8:14 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtjester View Post
Quote:
miss spelled. stripped lower is what i want. i want to ad my own parts but would like a colt lower.
Wow, tough crowd ...!

We've put the question to our local Colt reps, but it doesn't look like Colt is going to go anything with lowers at this time. We'll keep pushing the issue and let you know if anything changes.

Store Location Info

Old 11-09-2011, 8:16 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
just curious of why no pictures can be taken of a gun that was drosed? paid in full an started the 10 day wait? after all the paper work was done i went to take a picture from my phone an sales clerk said no. sorry if this has been covered before. thsnks for the feed back
Like most gun stores, we do not allow photography in our stores as a general rule; however, taking a picture of "your" gun should not be an issue. We'll address this- thanks for the feedback.

Store Location Info

Old 11-09-2011, 3:53 PM

Ok I can say with confidence that Turners you are my fav gun store despite being a couple hundred miles away. Turners usually has some great deals and some funky guns. I need you to reaffirm your place as the best small chain gun store by finding me a good price on a 9mm kel-tec ca legal sub 2000 that takes glock 19 mags. Consider the gauntlet thrown
Old 11-09-2011, 6:34 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a90cal View Post
Ok I can say with confidence that Turners you are my fav gun store despite being a couple hundred miles away. Turners usually has some great deals and some funky guns. I need you to reaffirm your place as the best small chain gun store by finding me a good price on a 9mm kel-tec ca legal sub 2000 that takes glock 19 mags. Consider the gauntlet thrown
We'd hate to turn down your noble challenge but we'd have a bit to do make this one worthwhile. The few changes needed to make it CA legal- OAL and fixed mag- add cost; as will the additional step in distribution for this to get to us.

We'll let you know but it's not likely at this time.

Store Location Info

Old 11-10-2011, 9:17 AM

Default Turners Price Protection Policy.

Hi Turners,

You have mentioned in one of the threads that, Turners price protects on gun purchases for 30 days after they are picked up, by pick up you mean after the day you take the gun home right?

What i was told at Turners store was once you pick up the gun (take it home), there is no price protection.

Which one is right? I bought a gun at turners 10 days ago and can pick it up today, but i am waiting until your hoilday catalog comes out. If you guys price protect it for 30 days after pickup (after you take the gun home) I will pick it up today.

Please clarify this, and also can you let us know when you catalog is going to be out? Want to buy Arsenal SGL 21

Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 9:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3000 View Post
Hi Turners,

You have mentioned in one of the threads that, Turners price protects on gun purchases for 30 days after they are picked up, by pick up you mean after the day you take the gun home right?

What i was told at Turners store was once you pick up the gun (take it home), there is no price protection.

Which one is right? I bought a gun at turners 10 days ago and can pick it up today, but i am waiting until your hoilday catalog comes out. If you guys price protect it for 30 days after pickup (after you take the gun home) I will pick it up today.

Please clarify this, and also can you let us know when you catalog is going to be out? Want to buy Arsenal SGL 21

Thanks
Our current policy is that we'll price protect as follows:

If a gun is in waiting period or on layaway (and not past 30 days), we'll make a price adjustment if the gun goes on ad.

If a gun has been picked up and goes on sale within 30 days after pick-up, we'll issue a store credit for the price difference.

Be aware that this policy may not apply to special buys, discontinued guns, used guns, certain curio/relic buys or consignment sales.

As for the Christmas flyer, mailing will begin on Monday 11/14... but Arsenal's will not be in the flyer; we've placed orders but we do not have a lot of inventory at this time.

Store Location Info

Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

I am also planning on buying Ruger Single Six convertible stainless will these be on the christmas flyer? I will buy one now if they will not be on the flyer.

thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3000 View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

I am also planning on buying Ruger Single Six convertible stainless will these be on the christmas flyer? I will buy one now if they will not be on the flyer.

thanks
The new Single-Ten (Stainless, .22LR) will be in the flyer but not the Single-Six stainless convertible.

Store Location Info

Old 11-10-2011, 1:32 PM

Default New Stores

Any chance of new stores around the Temecula/Murrieta area?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 2:06 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrivr View Post
Any chance of new stores around the Temecula/Murrieta area?

Thanks
Yep.... .... it's long overdue.

Store Location Info

Old 11-10-2011, 2:19 PM

I noticed that the S&W M&P15 Sport goes on sale tomorrow for $659.98. You had previously said that it would be in the Black Friday flyer. Is it still in the Black Friday flyer and will it be a lot less money?

Endeavor to Persevere!!