Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Default The Kel-Tec KSG

I just got my Guns N Ammo magazine today in the mail and on the cover was the Kel-Tec KSG. At first I thought "Oh yeah, well it's pretty cool but never in CA...." but wait it's a PUMP shotgun. It has two seven round tube magazines that you flip back and forth between each and it has an overall length of 26.1''
Pretty cool right?

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...ec-shotgun-ksg

check it out^^
Old 06-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

This is eagerly anticipated by many here... except of course for the fact that it's made by Keltec.
...Slow, deep breath in followed by two quick, shallow exhales, then one long breath out. It should sound like "HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo". Once your comfortable with that breathing pattern, try to sync the tempo up with your heart rate. "Lub-dub...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo... etc". ~ CBruce
Old 06-30-2011, 10:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Dunno, I like my Kel-Tec rifle. Works very well.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Little late to the party, you could choke a donkey with the number of threads about the KSG here. Havent been any recently because everyone is just holding on and waiting for KelTec to release them. I hope they make 5 warehouses full of them, cuz they are going to sell like wildfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullnshoot25
I would love to have a hole cut in the ceiling so I could pop out and BAM! Hit 'em with my spice weasel...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileron
The hassle would be between this. (_._) and this (_0_).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
When Im wearing a miniskirt than yeah sure I use my foot to flush the urinals all the time!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:19 AM

consider the donkey choked :-)

Old 06-30-2011, 4:59 PM
Veteran Member

Are they legal in California ?
Old 06-30-2011, 5:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes they are!

And what's wrong with a gun made by keltec?! My Su has less jams then my ar's and has shot well over 8,000 rounds and still holding a 1.74" with stabilizer at 100 yards.
Old 06-30-2011, 5:48 PM
short bus driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailboy View Post
Are they legal in California ?
There is debate to that due to it's ammo capacity.

Side A:
It is CA legal due to there being two 7 round tubular magazines and a selector switch, this makes it so it is not a large capacity magazine and therefore legal to import/sell in CA.

Side B:
It is not CA legal due to the two 7 round tubular magazines being one contained unit, this makes it a large capacity magazine and therefore illegal to import/sell in CA.

CA DOJ BOF is silent on this matter.

However, some vendors are taking pre-orders for CA.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 06-30-2011, 7:25 PM
Calguns Addict

CA DOJ is quiet because they know side A is right but in answering it will give freed to do what gun buyers want. To restrict that, they don't need to act, just be silent and side A and B will bite eachother to death and DOJ having it their way.
Old 07-14-2011, 9:56 PM

I talked to my buddy who is a gun dealer and said DOJ already banned the Calif. sale of Kel tec KSG due to large cap restrictions.
I hate Cali!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdouglas1980 View Post
consider the donkey choked :-)

Old 07-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockD View Post
I talked to my buddy who is a gun dealer and said DOJ already banned the Calif. sale of Kel tec KSG due to large cap restrictions.
I hate Cali!
FUD. turners are still going forward will selling their allotment of KSG's. and If turners is selling it, it is CA legal.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want no matter the topic at hand!
Old 07-17-2011, 5:23 PM

Hi all,
I've been a member for a loong time but never joined in the discussion of topics.
does anyone have any updated info. on Kel-Tec's KSG Shotgun, mainly if it will be California Legal, at first I had read on many blogs and forums that this Bullpup Pump-Action Shotgun would indeed be Cali. Legal, but this was back in February of this year and you all know how anti-gun nuts love to get politicians (especially here in California) to pass anti-Firearms Legislation.
A friend of mine mentioned to me that just recently the California DOJ/Politicians passed some type of Legislation that would not make the Kel-Tec KSG Cali. Legal to own (here in California)/or that it will be put on the Cali. Banned list.
While my friend is a good guy, he doesn't always have his facts straight & he tends to think he knows everything.
So, if anybody can verify this please let me know...because I've been dreaming of owning this Bullpup Pump-Action Shotgun.
Old 07-17-2011, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookin View Post
Hi all,
I've been a member for a loong time but never joined in the discussion of topics.
does anyone have any updated info. on Kel-Tec's KSG Shotgun, mainly if it will be California Legal, at first I had read on many blogs and forums that this Bullpup Pump-Action Shotgun would indeed be Cali. Legal, but this was back in February of this year and you all know how anti-gun nuts love to get politicians (especially here in California) to pass anti-Firearms Legislation.
A friend of mine mentioned to me that just recently the California DOJ/Politicians passed some type of Legislation that would not make the Kel-Tec KSG Cali. Legal to own (here in California)/or that it will be put on the Cali. Banned list.
While my friend is a good guy, he doesn't always have his facts straight & he tends to think he knows everything.
So, if anybody can verify this please let me know...because I've been dreaming of owning this Bullpup Pump-Action Shotgun.
As far as the language of the law here in CA it doesn't fall under Assault Weapons shotgun section since it is not a "semi automatic shotgun".
Pump is technically "single shot"; also tubular magazines don't fall under the high capacity magazine laws either, and lastly it meets over all length as well. At just over 26'' with the barrel being at least 16''.

Like it says though in the above postings here though is that many dealers here in CA will be taking orders for them and have them for sale in their shops. I believe your friend has the facts incorrect. Hope that helps
Old 07-17-2011, 7:10 PM
short bus driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdouglas1980 View Post
also tubular magazines don't fall under the high capacity magazine laws either,
Correction.
Tubular magazines do fall under the large capacity magazine laws. [PC 12020(c)(25)]
However, tubular magazines on lever-action firearms [PC 12020(c)(25)(C)] and .22 caliber tubular magazines [PC 12020(c)(25)(B)] are exempt from the large capacity magazine laws.

Therefore, tubular magazines on pump-action shotguns must comply with the large capacity magazine laws.

Hence the two sided debate on the Kel-Tec KSG-12 being CA legal due to it's ammo capacity. (see post #8 in this thread)

Penal Code 12020
(c)(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
(B) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
(C) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 07-17-2011, 9:16 PM

A little off topic but has anybody ever tried to sue the State of CA for being uncosntitutional in their lame gun laws?

It's called the United States, yet each State can set their own laws as THEY see fit. Doesn't sound United to me. Some States can use hi cap mags and others Can't. We have the right to bear arms, as long as they don't look like the ones in Nevada LOL!

Some guy can have 20-30+ rounds to protect his family, while another guy only has 10 rounds to do the same job. Maybe CA is trying to tell us we need to become better shots? Yet they keep closing places down for us do even be able to do that.
Old 07-17-2011, 9:31 PM

The struggle between state vs. federal powers has been going on since the beginning of the "United" States.
Old 07-18-2011, 2:51 PM
short bus driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
A little off topic but has anybody ever tried to sue the State of CA for being uncosntitutional in their lame gun laws?
CA does not have a right to bear arms provision in it's state constitution.

So, it wasn't until 06-28-2010 (McDonald v Chicago SCOTUS decision), that the right to bear arms applied to CA.

Lawsuits take time (2-10 years) to work it's way through the court system.

So, be patient for the next decade or so for all the CA gun control lawsuits to get decided upon.

CA gun control laws started in the 1870s, so it'll take awhile to dismantle something that's be institutionalized for over 140 years.

Old 07-18-2011, 2:57 PM
Calguns Addict

If this thread is any indication, Kel-Tec has a winner on its hands. It looks like it is going to be a big seller. Time will tell how well it will perform.
Old 07-19-2011, 9:18 AM
Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briancnelson View Post
Dunno, I like my Kel-Tec rifle. Works very well.
That's not what's implied. Namely Keltec's reputation for announcing a NEW model and swearing it'll be oit in months... Then taking a YEAR or more to actually get it into the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockD View Post
I hate Cali!
You're doing it wrong. Gun shops and their employees are a leading source of FUD as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-19-2011, 9:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
That's not what's implied. Namely Keltec's reputation for announcing a NEW model and swearing it'll be oit in months... Then taking a YEAR or more to actually get it into the stores.
^^^This^^^

The KSG is still vaporware, and until it actually hits shelves I'm going to continue to be slightly skeptical of Kel-Tec's press releases on it given their previous history in the vaporware arena.

The question about it's capacity seems to be unsettled. CaDoJ is silent, resellers are taking pre-orders, buyers are tying up money with deposits. Now, would I be surprised if CaDoJ waited until they actually have their hands on a sample before they say anything one way or the other?

No, I wouldn't. And I would be equally unsurprised should CaDoJ screw all the pre-buyers who've been tying their money up for however long. Retailers, distributors and Kel-Tec won't care. They will all have made money to some degree.

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
It's called the United States, yet each State can set their own laws as THEY see fit. Doesn't sound United to me. Some States can use hi cap mags and others Can't. We have the right to bear arms, as long as they don't look like the ones in Nevada LOL!
Though the cause of evil prosper, yet the truth alone is strong; Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong; Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown, Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above His own.

Whatever doesn't kill me... better start running.