Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:31 PM

Default Palmetto State Armory..tisk tisk

So here I am building 2 lowers tonight to go shoot on Sunday. BOTH of my PSA lower parts kits are missing the selector, and one is missing the buffer retainer spring.

I'm sure they will make it right, but I'm still pissed and everybody should know about it.
"Combining blanks and cleaning rods in the M16A2 rifle is not an acceptable means of acquiring “meat for the tribe.” It should be noted it’s a b**ch unpinning a squirrel from a tree and you NEVER get your cleaning rod back."
Old 06-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Tactical Reloader
CGN Contributor

That sucks, it sucks even more since you wanted to go shoot Sunday !!
Old 06-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Bummer. They should be really cool. I purchased my parts kit from them with their h buffer. It was the kit that had the magpul stock. I talked to the after I ordered it online and they were extremely helpful as this was my first build. Great deals too
Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes sir, you've been set up to fail. I would be pissed, too. Did you call them and get the stuff you're missing?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:41 PM

Where abouts are you in So.Cal? I'm in Temecula. I received my Palmetto LPK last Tuesday and I thought I was missing the safety selector pin. After 15 minutes of looking for it gong through the parts kit over and over and over again, I found it on the floor. I was being careful dumping everything out and it found its way somehow on the carpet. If you're in San Diego, try Parallax. They sell all the LPK parts individually if you can't wait for Palmetto to ship you one.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 AM

i am waiting for their lpk too, hope everything will be in there...
in fact, i hope the selector will be missing and they can give me other parts to make it up... since i am a lefty and will use ambi selector anyway, LOL
Old 06-25-2011, 12:42 AM

I just bought 3 LPKs from them. I thought I was missing some parts while going through them, but found pins and detents stuck up under the trigger, and a tigger spring stuck in the pistol grip.

They seem a lot better than the DPMS bagged kit I got.
Old 06-25-2011, 7:53 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

I hate when people do this. Call them on the phone and give them a chance to make it right; if they don't then you can whine, piss and moan over a couple bucks' worth of parts (that another calgunner would probably give you for free).
Old 06-25-2011, 8:20 AM

evidently it happens, the kit I received was complete

try not waiting until the last minute and take inventory before hand
Old 06-25-2011, 8:27 AM

Are you ****ing kidding me? Did either of you READ my post? Yes, I'm sure they will make ir right. As slow as PSA tends to ship, I just might have my missing pieces by NEXT weekend.

"Waiting until the last minute" - what's that supposed to mean? It's not my job to take inventory before hand, and exactly what do you consider ample time? I've spent a LOT of money there, and have every reason to expect a complete order.
Old 06-25-2011, 8:33 AM

yep, keep whining if it makes you feel better

doesn't take long to glance in a bag when you get it to notice something as large as a selector is missing
Old 06-25-2011, 8:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

They'll fix it. Great company to work with, I've put together 4 of their LPK's now and NOTHING has come in missing so you must have got all the freaks.
Old 06-25-2011, 8:36 AM

I can understand maybe missing a part from 1 lpk but from both thats unexceptable id be pist to!
Old 06-25-2011, 8:38 AM

It happens alot with parts kits no matter who you get one from, hell I've even ended up with almost double the parts in a kit before.
Old 06-25-2011, 8:47 AM

I've gotten extra parts several times. Never a missing part.......yet!!!
Old 06-25-2011, 8:54 AM

I'm sure it happens and that's fine. When the same part is missing from multiple kits it's an indicator that there could be a bunch that went out that way. This thread was intended as a heads up for others that may have bought PSA kits in the last couple weeks.

And - yeah, to vent a little too. PSA always ships slow, so I will have to wait. I didn't say I won't buy from them again - I will. Everything else has been good with them. Just because **** happens doesn't mean I don't have the right to be irritated. I'm still the customer afterall.
Old 06-25-2011, 9:29 AM
Calguns Addict

So you are a human being that is perfect and never makes a mistake right?

Yeah it sucks that a part is missing but to make a post bad mouthing them and you have not even given them the opportunity to make it right seems a bit out of line. And it is your job to make sure that you received all the parts or items in your order.

So your telling me you never bother to check to make sure all the things you place orders for arrive. You just assume that no one can make a mistake and miss something?

Go back and reread your OP it looks as though your trying to tell everyone that PSA is bad news.

Maybe something along the lines of

"Hey guys just a heads up to all who may have recently purchased a PSA LPK you might want to double check your bag as I purchased two and they are both missing the Selector"

Just saying.

I took your post as a dig at PSA and saying they are bad to do business with and it appears that some others did as well.

Maybe make a post and see if a local CGN'er has one they can let you have so you can still shoot on Sunday and then give them the one that PSA send you as a replacement.

Last edited by 97F1504RAD; 06-25-2011 at 9:33 AM..
Old 06-25-2011, 9:35 AM

I'd you miss the part of my post that says I'm SURE THEY WILL MAKE IT RIGHT?

You are inferring quite a bit.
Old 06-25-2011, 9:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Nope did not miss it.

So your sure they will make it right but you still chose to bad mouth them is the point i was trying to get across to you.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97F1504RAD View Post
Nope did not miss it.

So your sure they will make it right but you still chose to bad mouth them is the point i was trying to get across to you.
I don't see him bad mouthing them.

He told everyone both his LPK had parts missing, that he knows they will fix it, just wanted to share his frustration.

????
Old 06-25-2011, 10:34 AM

sounds like he needs his own blog then
Old 06-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Nope did not miss it.

This is absolute nonesense. WE have the First Ammendment for a reason and I am glad he told us what needed to be said. Just because *you* don't like the way it was said doesn't mean it should not be said. This goes for all yall that always want to shut down someone's words just because you don't like it.

If you have a problem with it, tough. I appreciate the OP for letting us know what happened to him. It is the responsibility of the company to ship what he ordered. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Sorry it turned out like that for you. I just received an LPK from them and it was complete. But yes... they do take a bit of time to ship. I ordered ammo a week ago and i'm still waiting for my card to actually get charged. :P
Old 06-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbobbyt View Post
This is absolute nonesense. WE have the First Ammendment for a reason and I am glad he told us what needed to be said. Just because *you* don't like the way it was said doesn't mean it should not be said. This goes for all yall that always want to shut down someone's words just because you don't like it.

If you have a problem with it, tough. I appreciate the OP for letting us know what happened to him. It is the responsibility of the company to ship what he ordered. Thanks for the heads-up.
Nobody is trying to shut his words down and the First Amendment only applies to the government stopping free speech. All some of us are trying to say is there was a more tactful way to say it without trying to make PSA look bad. All of us apparently interpret things differently and I interpreted his post as bad mouthing PSA. Remember a human packed those LPK and humans make mistakes. But again I guess none of you ever do. Big deal so something is missing from his parts kit call PSA tell them and they will ship him the parts easy solution.

You do realize that what you say here can be censored right?

When i saw the title of this thread the first thing that came to me mind was someone bad mouthing them. And in his post he made it seems as though they had wronged him and not corrected it.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Nobody is trying to shut his words down and the First Amendment only applies to the government stopping free speech. All some of us are trying to say is there was a more tactful way to say it without trying to make PSA look bad. All of us apparently interpret things differently and I interpreted his post as bad mouthing PSA.

You do realize that what you say here can be censored right?

When i saw the title of this thread the first thing that came to me mind was someone bad mouthing them. And in his post he made it seems as though they had wronged him and not corrected it.
I say thank you to the OP for the post. I got it to have them check the LPK if I'm buying from them. If you didn't get that then you must have some motivation to see it a different way. Perhaps an allegiance to them which I do not. I see this kind of thing on many post which people automatically turn into badmouthing. I didn't get that, you should not have either. Your interpretations are... well yours.

As for censorship, whomever owns this forum can do whatever they choose. They can choose to shut down the site. It is a free country.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Thanks! I may be in the minority, but I'm glad you posted b/c i'm going to ordering an LPK build kit from them! and i still will, despite your experience. (my friend ordered his LPK from PSA and nothing was missing).

No, i dn't think you are bad mouthing them in any way shape or form, just venting your frustration. (which we all need to do sometime, if you dont vent ever, i call bs) You ordered and payed for a product(s) in full from a reputable company; you have every right to expect that product to be 100% as advertised and in complete working condition. Your product(s) are missing parts; hopefully you have already notified PSA, and can start resolving the issue.

Good to know they ship a lil slow! lol also i'm in no rush to build my AR...but i wold like to get started on the lower shortly....

Last edited by hchan42; 06-25-2011 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: spelling errors
Old 06-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbobbyt View Post
I say thank you to the OP for the post. I got it to have them check the LPK if I'm buying from them. If you didn't get that then you must have some motivation to see it a different way. Perhaps an allegiance to them which I do not. I see this kind of thing on many post which people automatically turn into badmouthing. I didn't get that, you should not have either. Your interpretations are... well yours.

As for censorship, whomever owns this forum can do whatever they choose. They can choose to shut down the site. It is a free country.
OK your right, I have some personal motivation. Yep you got me, oh my goodness. Ridiculous to say the least.

Just as you are free to comment in this thread so am I. And I commented on what I thought.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:19 AM

I have an extra selector laying around...
Old 06-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Calguns Addict

I've ordered several LPK's from PSA and not once had a problem. I'd be willing to bet your missing piece is lodged within another piece or fell out of the bag as you opened it.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure PSA would rectify the mistake. They're a great company to do business with in my experience.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
yep, keep whining if it makes you feel better

doesn't take long to glance in a bag when you get it to notice something as large as a selector is missing
I wouldn't open the bag until I'm ready to build, the parts in a LPK are so small they're easy to lose if the bag is open.

My own experience with PSA wasn't too great either. No tracking number auto sent and it took 2 weeks for the parts to finally arrive. No big deal for me, but could have been for other people. Being told the timeframe would have been nice, and being given a tracking number when it shipped (instead of when I emailed them "where the hell are my parts" in nicer language) would also have been nice.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

I have a couple extra selectors and a few springs laying around but the OP ain't getting them. Neener neener.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:22 PM

my kit came with extra trigger guarder and pistol grip screws
Old 06-25-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Nope did not miss it.

No I didn't choose to bad mouth them, but i'll go ahead and share more reasons i'm pissed at them and perhaps you can understand where i'm coming from.

I ordered a stock kit on 6/16. That's right - NINE days ago. They claim they have electronic inventory control, and that their site will not allow you to purchase a product if it is not in stock. They also say orders ship in 1-2 business days. As of today it has not shipped.

I also ordered a dust cover, and then received a phone call that it wasn't actually in stock. See above...

I think i've been patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762.D3A7H View Post
I've ordered several LPK's from PSA and not once had a problem. I'd be willing to bet your missing piece is lodged within another piece or fell out of the bag as you opened it.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure PSA would rectify the mistake. They're a great company to do business with in my experience.
I was diligent about removing the items individually from the package and circling them on my sheet. If it were just one kit I might agree with you. When the same part is missing from both kits, that's not a coincidence. The buffer retainer spring - maaaybe.

I know they will make it right, but as you can see from above it's becoming a pattern and it's frustrating.
"Combining blanks and cleaning rods in the M16A2 rifle is not an acceptable means of acquiring “meat for the tribe.” It should be noted it’s a b**ch unpinning a squirrel from a tree and you NEVER get your cleaning rod back."
Old 06-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Just because PSA is going to send out the missing parts to "make it right" doesn't mean the OP didn't get the short end of the deal. He now has to wait for the parts, which will probably be another week.

I'd rather PSA do it right the first time.

I've had issues with budget LPKs too, missing parts, wrong size roll pins, etc. It's annoying to drive 20 miles to pick up a $0.15 cent part.
Old 06-25-2011, 4:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atv View Post
Just because PSA is going to send out the missing parts to "make it right" doesn't mean the OP didn't get the short end of the deal. He now has to wait for the parts, which will probably be another week.

I'd rather PSA do it right the first time.

I've had issues with budget LPKs too, missing parts, wrong size roll pins, etc. It's annoying to drive 20 miles to pick up a $0.15 cent part.
Well yea, but like I have already said there are humans making these kits and humans make mistakes. PSA will make it right in the long run and that is what matters. Yes it is a minor inconvenience but as long as they take care of it then that is all that matters.

As for PSA I have almost always gotten a tracking number and have always received my orders with the 7-9 day time period. It take 7 days to arrive via UPS from them. I know back when the big ammo rush they did take a few days more than normal for shipping and I know they have been having some big sales so maybe they got a big rush of orders again and in their haste to get them filled they forget to send a email with a tracking number or a small part gets left out.

OP I can understand your frustration and I have never had that issue with them. I do know I have tried to place an order for stuff on the site and been denied due to them not having enough stock. So the cart is accurate as far as I have seen.

Maybe the website showed stock but it got sold in their store prior to being removed from the cart system and by the time you placed your order. Again human error. So none of you make mistakes right? Curious why no one has still yet to answer that?
Old 06-25-2011, 5:46 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Stuff happens. I have build lowers from just about every lower parts kit on the market and have had parts missing from all of them, including PSA. With that many parts its going to happen from time to time.

www.riflegear.com
Old 06-25-2011, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark92651 View Post
Stuff happens. I have build lowers from just about every lower parts kit on the market and have had parts missing from all of them, including PSA. With that many parts its going to happen from time to time.

Exactly
Old 06-25-2011, 10:25 PM

My kit was missing a trigger pin. I sent them an email and they shipped one right out. No problem. I didn't use the selector in my kit so if your in a bind let me know.
Old 06-26-2011, 5:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Its taken them nine days to ship? I just ordered a CTR stock kit from them after reading that they ship in one to two business days..... I talked to the guy on the phone (thursday) and I thought I heard him say that it would ship next week. I figured he must have meant that it would arrive sometime next week. We'll see.
Old 06-26-2011, 9:37 PM

I've ordered stuff from them and they are slow to ship. Lpk was gtg. I think they're going through some growing pains with their low pricing on lpk's and the budget uppers they have now. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out. They seem like a good co. They answer emails in a timely manner.