Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 06-23-2011, 3:49 PM

Default Scope for Ruger Mini 30

What would be the best kind of scope (not brand) to put on this rifle? I will be buying one tomorrow and want some advice.

It comes with Ruger rings and there are two attachment spots for the rings in front of and behind the ejection port.

Should I get normal rifle scope (i.e. 3-9 x 40) or something like a red dot scope.

My primary use will be target shooting (and SHTF LOL). I already have two hunting rifles with nice Nikon scopes.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-23-2011, 5:54 PM

I have a M-30 and first let me say I love it. I bought a bushnell 3-9 scope for it about 13yrs ago when I got the rifle and I still have not put it on. I'm pretty dang good with the iron sights. I'd say like suggested shoot it first then decide. Perhaps a red/green 1X sight would be a good addition, I often thought about that for my own rifle.