Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-23-2017, 6:12 PM

Default 9mm Springfield Operator RO vs Combat Operator?

I'm sure I'm just a bit slow... But can anyone explain to me the difference between the two?

Aside from the checkering on the front straps, different rear sights and finish? Or am I missing something else significant that causes the price disparity between the two?

Dan

If you believe in Liberty, you should believe it for everyone, not simply those whom you agree with.
Old 03-23-2017, 6:25 PM

The RO Operator has a fiber optic front sight and a fixed low profile combat rear sight. It also has a half rail. The standard RO has adjustable target sights and no rail.
Old 03-23-2017, 6:46 PM

I love my Combat Operator and if you're able to get one, I would highly reccommend it.

The Combat Operator has a fiber optic front sight, blacked out 10-8 rear, front strap checkering, NO front cocking serrations, G10 style grips, machined barstock extractor, NON ILS mainspring housing, tool steel hammer and sear, single sided safety, normal bushing and gi style guide rod, black and gray finish

The Range officer has a fiber optic front sight, NO front strap checkering, parkerized finish, front cocking serrations, single sided safety, normal bushing and gi style guide rod

Last edited by i<3HK; 03-23-2017 at 6:49 PM..