Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 12-23-2006, 5:25 PM

Default Long Term Ammo Storage

Living in Southern California, it’s well established that it’s a good idea to have some gear as to be ready for the next earthquake/mudslide/riot/fire/zombie uprising etc… That said, I’ve had my emergency food, water and other supplies ready in the closet as a ‘just incase’ investment. I’ve decided it’s probably also a good idea to keep a few loaded mags at the ready with emergency supplies. Like the emergency supplies mentioned above, the mags would be in my closet with the other gear, rarely looked at unless it’s to rotate the inventory.

That said, for long term storage in a mag, is it better to keep brass cased ammo or the coated case variants (ie Wolf)?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I don't think there is enough of a difference that you should worry about it. Just use your favorite ammo. If you put some mags loaded with your favorite type of ammo into a GI ammo can along with a couple of those desiccant packs that come with a new pair of shoes, and then store the can in a cool place, your grandkids will be able to use them for zombie attacks.

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin