Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 06-17-2011, 1:56 PM
Veteran Member

Default Has anyone successfully Single-shotted a Sig P210 Legend?

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully single-shotted a Sig P210 Legend, and if you have then which dealer did you go through...

I called up Valkyrie arms and they say they are not sure if they would be able to make a single-shot rig for it and I really don't want to order a $2k handgun just to not be able to transfer it....

Link for drooling...
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
-Speaking about the Oikos mass shooting in Oakland.

Quote:
With an assault weapon you just hold the trigger back and it goes blup,blup,blup
-Michael Bloomberg confused about the difference between a machine gun and a rifle, ABC News Nightline 12/21/12
Old 06-17-2011, 3:07 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Try Norse Armory in Woodland -
Old 06-17-2011, 8:11 PM
Veteran Member

Wonderful pistol---I've had the older P210-2 matte finish since the mid-80s along with the factory 22lr conversion unit---shoots like a rifle in either caliber---good luck getting one in Kalifornia!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

It's not difficult - Single shot exempt the gun thru an 07FFL -

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo View Post
Wonderful pistol---I've had the older P210-2 matte finish since the mid-80s along with the factory 22lr conversion unit---shoots like a rifle in either caliber---good luck getting one in Kalifornia!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't so why it would be difficult; pin or dowel insert the mag. However, if I was going to give a go at this, I would do it on one of the earlier SIG P210s that one might find on Gunbroker or Gunsamerica or ?? - these new models don't appear to be built as well, or even under the same standards or by the same craftsman that built the originals.
Old 06-18-2011, 1:06 PM

You don't need a single shot exemption to buy a older P210. As long as your P210 is manufactured between 1949-1961, you can C&R it. All you need is a 03 FFL, and the right serial number you can have it delivered to your FFL. These C&R are roster exempt if you have a C&R and the FFL can DROS it.
Old 06-18-2011, 4:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icypu View Post
You don't need a single shot exemption to buy a older P210. As long as your P210 is manufactured between 1949-1961, you can C&R it. All you need is a 03 FFL, and the right serial number you can have it delivered to your FFL. These C&R are roster exempt if you have a C&R and the FFL can DROS it.
Well, not EARLY earlier (which of those available from that period, are mostly M49 or "-2" versions that were not the sport/accurrized models with tighter tolerances, etc., and meant for a military/police market) - I supposed I should have clarified. However, to add to my SIG P210s (2 -6 models and one -5) I DID buy a 1953 Model recently from Martin B Retting, however my preferred favorites are from the 1973 - 1979 where the thought was towards civilian accuracy and sporting use for target shooting.
Old 06-18-2011, 7:25 PM
Veteran Member

Hrm, getting an older one might work.

The reason that I can't just pin the mag is that the barrel isnt long enough, and since nobody makes aftermarket barrels for them, a long barrel would need to be custom made, which costs more then the gun.
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
-Speaking about the Oikos mass shooting in Oakland.

Quote:
With an assault weapon you just hold the trigger back and it goes blup,blup,blup
-Michael Bloomberg confused about the difference between a machine gun and a rifle, ABC News Nightline 12/21/12
Old 06-18-2011, 8:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusedusername View Post
I called up Valkyrie arms and they say they are not sure if they would be able to make a single-shot rig for it and I really don't want to order a $2k handgun just to not be able to transfer it....
When I was in Valkyrie Arms buying my RIA 1911 9mm, I was talking with Tim about how they do the single shot conversions. As you know, they have to meet certain criteria, one of which is having a barrel of at least 6 inches. If a 6" barrel does not exist for a particular model, they have to make one from scratch, usually starting with 2 barrels from the manufacturer. He mentioned that sometimes the manufacturer will not sell them a barrel and they have to buy two guns just to make a compliant barrel (I believe he said Springfield was one company that wouldn't sell them a barrel). The P210 you're looking at has a 4.7" barrel, so they would most likely need to make a compliant barrel for it. If Sig won't sell just the barrel, they'd be out a ton of money because they'd essentially have to buy two P210's to create one compliant barrel.
"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.