Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 12-13-2006, 3:38 PM

Default OLL friendly ranges around Sac?

Anybody have any experience with OLLs at ranges around Sac? Good/bad? I live in Folsom and my family has 40 acres of freedom in the foothills, but I don't always feel like driving an hour and a half for some target practice!
Old 12-13-2006, 3:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I havnt shot there, but I wouldnt think that Sav Valley Shooting center would give you a hard time. Also, Yolo Sportsman's Association in near the Woodland Airport would not give you a hard time at all. They dont care what you shoot, as long as you shoot it safely.
Old 12-13-2006, 4:19 PM
NRA Training Counselor
CGN Contributor

+1 to Sac Valley Shooting Center. Just took My OLL there and had a blast. They are not there to inspect your weapons or make sure they are legal, they just care if you are shooting safely. Besides the public range they have there they have other ranges for members only including steel silhouette ranges and action pistol ranges. Its not too far away from you in Folsom, located just east of Rancho Murietta.
Old 12-13-2006, 4:25 PM

what about Cordova shooting center...they are an AW dealer so I would think they would be privvy to CA law and not hastle me too much. Also, what about BLM land? Do rangers patrol BLM land pretty regularly?

I'm just worried about running into ignorant people!
Old 12-13-2006, 4:33 PM

Default Yolo Sortsman

I've been to the Yolo range quite a bit. They are reallly laid back there and it's quite cheap. It's $7 day fee if you're not a member and a 1 yr membership is something like $40. The only problem is that they aren't open on Mon and Tues because the Yolo County Sheriffs department is out there practicing.
Old 12-13-2006, 5:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg1777
what about Cordova shooting center...they are an AW dealer so I would think they would be privvy to CA law and not hastle me too much.
Hmm, first I have heard of that!
Old 12-13-2006, 5:40 PM

The FFL there does have and AW license. The range masters there are all okay with the OLLs. Most of them have one themselves.

Edit: I am speaking of Cordova Shooting Center
Old 12-13-2006, 6:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohse
I've been to the Yolo range quite a bit. They are reallly laid back there and it's quite cheap. It's $7 day fee if you're not a member and a 1 yr membership is something like $40. The only problem is that they aren't open on Mon and Tues because the Yolo County Sheriffs department is out there practicing.
I have never had anyone comment or even look twice when I have had my OLL. I was told I had to have my bolt open on my CAAK when it was time to switch targets but that was nothing to do with it being off list.

+1 to everything else said
Old 12-13-2006, 6:41 PM

If you are in Folsom why not just drive 45 minutes or less up to the Forest?There are a couple of goos spots just outside of Camino.
Old 12-13-2006, 7:00 PM
CGN Contributor

ive taken my OLL to Cordova with 0 problems, they even sell the bushy carbon-15 inside, i dont think there is mych difference between their product and our toys
----------------------------
With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin
Old 12-13-2006, 7:55 PM

Cordova is cool with OLL's. They also have a evil Bushmaster and an AK for rentals. The ammo is never ending because the pistol grip is installed but no spraying from the hip is allowed. lol
Old 12-13-2006, 8:01 PM

Default Yolo! Yolo! Yolo!

I can't say I've shot or even seen an OLL at Yolo Sportsman's, but I do like their attitude! And.....very reasonable prices! I may have to join! ($40)