Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 05-26-2011, 9:14 PM

Default Cool sticker with M63 kit

Read 'em and weep, 4thSBCT!

Check out the sticker that came with a 1965 dated M63!

I think it's bad ***. Not the greatest photo as it was taken with my phone, but you get the idea.

...anyone mówić Polish???

Old 05-26-2011, 9:15 PM

And, I should probably add that this is a single shot too.

Strange the stock has the guarda stripe on it, from a M63 kit, huh. Must have been replaced or swapped out at some point.
Old 05-26-2011, 9:20 PM
Veteran Member

wonder what that says? I bet it is a unit of some sort.
RPK's!!!!
Tomorrow I will be in the wait for the man in the brown truck!

Last edited by louscamaro91; 05-26-2011 at 9:23 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 9:22 PM

By single shot rifle do you mean to say that you never drilled the hole in the barrel to actuate the gas piston?
Old 05-26-2011, 9:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robidouxs View Post
By single shot rifle do you mean to say that you never drilled the hole in the barrel to actuate the gas piston?

You answered your question.
I don't like to drill mine. Unfortunately I'm a cheapo and go with non-chrome lined USA barrel and have no option of not drilling.
Old 05-26-2011, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robidouxs View Post
Yup.

I just leave the barrel undrilled, thus disabling the gas system. I build these for fun and rarely shoot them. The one or two I do shoot regularly are semi/featureless.

The rest are basically conversation pieces.
Old 05-26-2011, 9:35 PM

I really like that finish on the metal. How do you get that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post

Any thoughts or advice appreciated. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalriaden View Post
Never ask what else can go wrong. Life takes it as a dare.
Old 05-26-2011, 9:35 PM
Banned

wtf man........I just pulled myself away from looking at the polish underfolder and you pull this??? Do you ask for this kinda stuff or are you doing any "special favors" for the guys at apex....I think you've got something dripping off your chin....hahah anyway another beautiful build. You got any spare romy barrels laying around?

PS your sticker is in Croatian and says Brigade of Usora or ( Federation of Bosnia ) on the top and the bottum says a variation of ( Federation of Bosnia ) "vipers"

Last edited by 4thSBCT; 05-26-2011 at 9:46 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 9:54 PM
Veteran Member

wow awesome i really wish i would get lucky and get some furniture with stickers or trench art on them. nice build i like the finish

Zombie Stickers For Sale

ClassifiedWeapons.com

Looking for a particular parts kit? Check out our parts kit locator that is automatically updated every 6 hours. Now you can see parts kits being offered by multiple websites in one location. Just select the parts kit button on the right of the home page to begin looking.
-------
Home Builds- 1919a4, Sten Mk3, Romy G Ak-47, PSL Pistol,Romanian RPK
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Calguns Addict

That is a piece of history from a real war, and if that came from an actual military surplus piece, it's quite special.

Did some searching: it's a HVO BOSNIAN CROATIAN WAR ISIGNIA.

HVO = Croatian Defence Council, 110th Brigade.

"bojna usorski poskok" = Batallion Usorski Viper

(Usora is a place and a Usorski is a person of within the culture of Usora.

(In Croatian: Hrvatsko vijeće obrane, hence HVO). Was the military formation of the self-proclaimed Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia during the Bosnian War.

From a Wikipedia page:

The HVO (Croatian Defence Council) was established on April 8, 1992 in Grude by the political leadership of Croats, mainly members of Croatian Democratic Union (Hrvatska Demokratska Zajednica) as a military formation of Herzeg-Bosnia.

Guard Brigade. HVO was divided into four operational zones: South-Eastern and North-Western Herzegovina, Central Bosnia and Posavina. While first three zones were grouped more or less together, Posavina was completely isolated in northern Bosnia on right bank of Sava river around Orašje and was entirely dependent on support from Croatia.
[edit] Guard brigades

* 1. Guard Brigade "Bruno Bušić"
* 2. Guard Brigade
* 3. Guard Brigade "Hawks"
* 4. Guard Brigade "Sons of Posavina"
* 5. Guard Brigade. The Guards brigades were the sections of the H.V.O which handled the militia's heavy weapons. The H.V.O had around 50 tanks, 400 artillery pieces, and 200 armored troop carriers.
The Guards brigades were the sections of the H.V.O which handled the militia's heavy weapons. The H.V.O had around 50 tanks, 400 artillery pieces, and 200 armored troop carriers.

The region of Usora was a semi-independent banate in medieval Bosnia. It took its name from the river Usora. Its territory stretched roughly from the area of Kulaši and Prnjavor to its west, to Srebrenik and Lukavac to its east, the river Sava to its north and Žepče to its south. The Banate of Usora had many strong fortresses and cities on its territory, the most famous ones being Doboj (12/13th ct.), Srebrenik (1333), Dobor (1387), Glaz (12th ct.), Soko (14th ct.), Tesanj (14th ct.), Modric (14th ct.), and Maglaj (15th ct.). Also, due to its geographical location (Pannonian plateau) as the northernmost Bosnian land and its richness, Usora was, more often than not, a most common battleground between the Bosnian kingdom and the Hungarian empire. The most famous battles include Battle of Srebrenik (1363), Battle of Dobor (1394 & 1408), and Battle of Doboj (1415). Several times this duchy/banate had been separated from the rest of Bosnian kingdom (and attached to Hungary, banate of Slavonia) temporarily, only to be reunited once again.

Usora (Serbian Cyrillic: Усора) is a river in central-northern Bosnia and Herzegovina. It begins at the confluence of two smaller Usora rivers, Mala Usora and Velika Usora, at the town of Teslić. Usora runs for some 20 km northeast of Teslić, and becomes a left tributary of the Bosna River, south of Doboj.

Last edited by The Gleam; 05-26-2011 at 10:35 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Mod without thumbs

Man wished i got something that cool i only got one with a word carved on the butt stock. Nice build also.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member

Cool sticker. The 110 Brigada HVO Usora was a brigade of the Croatian Army (shield with red and white checkers is Croatian). HVO was the Croatian Defence Council which was the military of Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia formed during the Bosnian War (1992 to 1995). This sticker suggests this M63 maybe have saw service with the Croatians (HVO) against the Serbs, and possibly even the Bosnians.

The Croatians were a tricky bunch. First they sided with the Bosnian/ Herzegovina forces against the Serbian invaders. Then the Serbian leader, Slobodan Milošević, and the Croatians formed a treaty to divide Yugoslavia amongst themselves, the HVO/ Croatian Army turned against the Bosnians and went on an ethnic cleansing rampage in Bosnia and Herzegovina. When the Croatians realized their deal with Serbia wasn't going to work out, they again formed an alliance with the Bosnians and between them pretty much defeated the Serbs by the time NATO stepped in, in 1995.

Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

- Mihail Timofeevič Kalašnikov -
Old 05-27-2011, 8:04 AM

Wow. I would love to know how this rifle ended up in the Kosovo conflict.

Very cool, thanks for the details, guys.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:02 AM

Very cool and with a BF history behind it!
Old 05-27-2011, 1:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandEOD View Post
Wow. I would love to know how this rifle ended up in the Kosovo conflict.

Very cool, thanks for the details, guys.
BTW, Kosovo is no where near Bosnia or Croatia, and the Kosovo Conflict was unrelated to the Bosnian War and was at a different time frame (late 90's).

When Yugoslavia split, the Serbians inherited most of the armaments, as the Zavasta arms factories and military arsenals which were positioned nearer to the old capital, Belgrade, is in Serbia. This meant that the Serbs, who also controlled the Yugoslavian Army, were well armed.

When Croatia sought independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, most of the fighting was done by Croatian police units often armed with older generation weapons such as M-48's Mausers and M-59 SKSs, until a military and the HVO was formed. By this time, the UN had placed an arms embargo on the whole of Yugoslavia, but the Croatians were scrambling to buy weapons from any source they could, so arms had to be smuggled in, often through Hungary.

When the Bosnian War kicked off in 1992, the Bosnians were in a similar situation, and were desperate for arms. Despite the embargo, the US helped procure and smuggle in weapons into Bosnia with secret C-130 air drops (allegedly) .

Your M-63 stock has a black painted butt stock, which is typical of an ex-Romanian "Garda" rifle. Similar rifles have turned up in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc, which suggests to me, that the Romanians have been having a big AKM yard sale in the post-Ceaușescu years, which had left Romania very hard up for foreign cash.

Old 05-27-2011, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthaiboy View Post
BTW, Kosovo is no where near Bosnia or Croatia, and the Kosovo Conflict was unrelated to the Bosnian War and was at a different time frame (late 90's).

When Yugoslavia split, the Serbians inherited most of the armaments, as the Zavasta arms factories and military arsenals which were positioned nearer to the old capital, Belgrade, is in Serbia. This meant that the Serbs, who also controlled the Yugoslavian Army, were well armed.

When Croatia sought independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, most of the fighting was done by Croatian police units often armed with older generation weapons such as M-48's Mausers and M-59 SKSs, until a military and the HVO was formed. By this time, the UN had placed an arms embargo on the whole of Yugoslavia, but the Croatians were scrambling to buy weapons from any source they could, so arms had to be smuggled in, often through Hungary.

When the Bosnian War kicked off in 1992, the Bosnians were in a similar situation, and were desperate for arms. Despite the embargo, the US helped procure and smuggle in weapons into Bosnia with secret C-130 air drops (allegedly) .

Your M-63 stock has a black painted butt stock, which is typical of an ex-Romanian "Garda" rifle. Similar rifles have turned up in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc, which suggests to me, that the Romanians have been having a big AKM yard sale in the post-Ceaușescu years, which had left Romania very hard up for foreign cash.
Neat. Thanks for the lesson! Obviously, I know very little of those conflicts.

Old 05-28-2011, 3:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelandEOD View Post
Neat. Thanks for the lesson! Obviously, I know very little of those conflicts.

Sorry, I didn't mean to give you a lecture.

I became interested in the civil war in the former Yugoslavia after I bought my first rifle, a Yugo M59. It was a complicated war to say the least, because you had a bunch of different States which claimed independence, and broke off from Yugoslavia around about the same time. Then you had Muslims and Christians in each of these States killing each other, then add to that, the international volunteers (mainly from the UK and Russia), plus the Serbian independent militias (some were responsible for some of the worst war crimes of the conflict), the countries who allied with one another, then you had countries like Croatia who kept switching sides, so by the end of it all, it was difficult to keep track to who was fighting who.

What was interesting about this conflict was these newly formed independent states had almost no time to form and equip an army, and in the early years of the conflict, their weapons and equipment was what they could cobble together or get their hands on. I had a friend who was a peacekeeper with the British Forces during the conflict, and he saw a group of Serbian militiamen dressed in WWII German Waffen SS Oakleaf B camouflage uniforms and carrying a MG-34.

Old 08-15-2012, 5:48 PM

I got a message today from a guy who signed up for a CG account just to tell me he also got a M63 stock with the same Usora sticker on it. He did a bit more research on it and actually posted on a few Bosnian forums looking for information. Pretty cool!

http://www.forum.hr/showthread.php?s...2#post40826012

http://hercegbosna.org/forum/post467526.html#p467526

Oh, and the M63 is no longer a single shot... hallelujah, Nevada!
Old 08-16-2012, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthaiboy View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to give you a lecture.

then add to that, the international volunteers (mainly from the UK and Russia), plus the Serbian independent militias (some were responsible for some of the worst war crimes of the conflict.
No where near what Dinko Sakic' performed as a Nazi/Ustache Comandant of the WW2 era Jasenovac prison camp.