Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2011, 4:40 AM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock

Just a note because I am getting a bit tired of the ripoff artists making accessories unaffordable for the average shooter.

If you are LE or Gov., the Benelli M4 Collapsible Stock is $150.00 from Benelli or a few of the Gov. sites.

Not $300, $250, $450 or no, not even $600.

ONE HUNDRED FIFTY US DOLLARS.

I don't mind folks making a profit, but there is a certain point where this becomes unethical.

Flame away o' scammers.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2011, 7:04 AM
fennecfrank's Avatar
fennecfrank fennecfrank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,756
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

before you put that collapsible stock on, take a look at this:

CHAPTER 2.3. ROBERTI-ROOS ASSAULT WEAPONS CONTROL ACT OF 1989
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.



you just can't have both. either remove the pistol grip, or make the collapsible stock "un-collapsible".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2011, 7:49 AM
451040's Avatar
451040 451040 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: So. PRK
Posts: 2,059
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mac View Post
Just a note because I am getting a bit tired of the ripoff artists making accessories unaffordable for the average shooter.
"They" can't rip you off if you don't pay the inflated price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mac View Post
I don't mind folks making a profit, but there is a certain point where this becomes unethical.
Unethical? It's economics 101.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2011, 8:37 AM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 451040 View Post
"They" can't rip you off if you don't pay the inflated price.



Unethical? It's economics 101.
All true to a degree, which is why I would rather spread the word and help my fellow shooter than screw them.

I met a few guys that qualify for the reduced price who grossly overpaid. Their fault since in the end- "knowledge is power". But I feel bad for good people. Yes, and now they are pissed.

And a small quibble; 300-400% markup is not only unethical. It's bad business.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2011, 9:28 AM
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
NorCalAthlete NorCalAthlete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 1,566
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Got a link to these sites?
__________________
We are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist...using technologies that haven't been invented...in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet.

Pain is the hardest lesson to forget.

Trust me, I'm with the government.

Bureaucracy is the epoxy that lubricates the gears of progress.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2011, 4:54 PM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Got a link to these sites?
Here is the link to a discussion with folks that know this stuff pretty well;

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/show...50-shipped-NEW
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2011, 5:11 PM
tacticalcity's Avatar
tacticalcity tacticalcity is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 8,792
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mac View Post
"If you are LE or Gov."
The flaw in your argument is in the argument itself. How much do they charge for civilians? Do they even offer it as an aftermarket part to civilians? Just because .01% of the population can get it for the price you are listing does not mean people who charge over that amount are "ripping people off".

I only charge a tiny markup on all my products. But some manufacturers charge their dealers more than they charge LE and Military customers. In which case I would be above the LE and Military price as would everyone else. Nobody is ripping anybody off. That is how the manufacturer wants it. They are being extremely gracious and taking a loss with LE and Military and make it up with their civilian customers. That is not the retailers decision.

As LE or Military you should be contactig manufacturers first in order to take advantage of any industry specific discounts they offer to you. But expecting retailers to offer them below that amount or even close to that amount is ridiculous. It makes no sense at all.

Just a little devil's advocacy for you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2011, 5:39 PM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcity View Post
The flaw in your argument is in the argument itself.
Problem is there are also a fair amount of folks selling to LE/Gov. and still making a profit (albeit smaller and BTW which I have no problem with) then selling the same item to others for an extraordinary markup (which I take issue with and apparently so does Benelli). There are also a fair degree of folks with access to these items as LE/Gov. who are turning them at a huge profit (which Benelli takes issue with also).

So the question becomes why pay that large an amount once the knowledge of discounted seller cost is in the open? The answer is- there is no reason too unless you are desperate or simply don't give a fig.

Now to make the M4 922r compliant (when changing the stock) is hard due to part counts. But there seem to be an awful lot of shooters at the range with Benelli collapsible stocks- and they are not just LE/Gov.

Just sayin...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2011, 5:56 PM
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
NorCalAthlete NorCalAthlete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 1,566
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-mac View Post
Problem is there are also a fair amount of folks selling to LE/Gov. and still making a profit (albeit smaller and BTW which I have no problem with) then selling the same item to others for an extraordinary markup (which I take issue with and apparently so does Benelli). There are also a fair degree of folks with access to these items as LE/Gov. who are turning them at a huge profit (which Benelli takes issue with also).

So the question becomes why pay that large an amount once the knowledge of discounted seller cost is in the open? The answer is- there is no reason too unless you are desperate or simply don't give a fig.

Now to make the M4 922r compliant (when changing the stock) is hard due to part counts. But there seem to be an awful lot of shooters at the range with Benelli collapsible stocks- and they are not just LE/Gov.

Just sayin...
Even if it's 922r compliant don't you still have to pin the stock? Wouldn't it still be an AOW or AW or whatever?
__________________
We are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist...using technologies that haven't been invented...in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet.

Pain is the hardest lesson to forget.

Trust me, I'm with the government.

Bureaucracy is the epoxy that lubricates the gears of progress.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-22-2011, 6:04 PM
louscamaro91 louscamaro91 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Modesto
Posts: 3,600
iTrader: 153 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Even if it's 922r compliant don't you still have to pin the stock? Wouldn't it still be an AOW or AW or whatever?

Yes the stock has to be pinned or fixed in a way the stock can't collapse.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-22-2011, 6:07 PM
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
NorCalAthlete NorCalAthlete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 1,566
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Still a lot better than the full one imo. I like the minimalist look and weight.
__________________
We are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist...using technologies that haven't been invented...in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet.

Pain is the hardest lesson to forget.

Trust me, I'm with the government.

Bureaucracy is the epoxy that lubricates the gears of progress.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-23-2011, 7:40 AM
PEBKAC's Avatar
PEBKAC PEBKAC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,032
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Heh. $250 - $400 is a bargain.

In the months immediately following Obama's election they were going for between $850 - $1100.
__________________

Love and Peace through superior firepower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Plus, we can check out each other's hardware. Who says we can't find common ground?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Soap box, ballot box, jury box, ammo box. Use in that order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
You need to grow a full beard and move out into the woods before you can be a full fledged member of the surplus rifle long range shooting community.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 AM
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
NorCalAthlete NorCalAthlete is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 1,566
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

lol nice screen name PEBKAC....hahahaha.
__________________
We are currently preparing students for jobs that don't yet exist...using technologies that haven't been invented...in order to solve problems we don't even know are problems yet.

Pain is the hardest lesson to forget.

Trust me, I'm with the government.

Bureaucracy is the epoxy that lubricates the gears of progress.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 AM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Yeah there sure seem to be quite a few at the ranges without pins. Which means they must be LE or in violation of the ridiculous 922r?

Funny how a guy with a US made gun+evil features can stand next to a guy with a similar imported gun with evil features and the latter is in violation of the law.

Because I don't believe there are enough US made M4-Super 90 parts until Geiselle releases their trigger. Correct?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 AM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louscamaro91 View Post
Yes the stock has to be pinned or fixed in a way the stock can't collapse.
In NY, you are allowed two evil features on a semi-automatic shotgun. Collapsible stock and pistol grip are two. Provided your barrel length is correct and rounds are limited to 5 that's it on an M4. So I am not sure why the stock would need to be pinned.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Steve1968LS2's Avatar
Steve1968LS2 Steve1968LS2 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 7,072
iTrader: 65 / 99%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louscamaro91 View Post
Yes the stock has to be pinned or fixed in a way the stock can't collapse.
In CA yes.. in most other states.. no...

<-- owns a M1014 which has the C-stock but is fixed on to collapse.. sad..
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 PM
c-mac's Avatar
c-mac c-mac is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by louscamaro91 View Post
Yes the stock has to be pinned or fixed in a way the stock can't collapse.
Correcting my earlier post. The FFL I deal with spoke to BATF/NY and said you are only allowed one evil feature on an M4 type shotgun in NY. So the collapsible stock MUST be pinned since the pistol grip/stock count as two.

That said, anyone want to sell one for $160?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-23-2011, 1:28 PM
gobi fish gobi fish is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 345
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

its only illegal if you get caught with it
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-05-2011, 8:03 AM
prc77's Avatar
prc77 prc77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Santa Clara
Posts: 2,319
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobi fish View Post
its only illegal if you get caught with it
Doing the right thing, when NO ONE is watching, is always the right choice.
__________________
C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
83-85

USPSA CRO
MEMBER: USPSA GSSF Richmond Rod & Gun


Help VSA help the troops.

http://veteranssportsmanalliance.org/
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-05-2011, 8:13 AM
Clutch-n-Throttle's Avatar
Clutch-n-Throttle Clutch-n-Throttle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 221
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prc77 View Post
Doing the right thing, when NO ONE is watching, is always the right choice.
That, is the definition of integrity.
__________________
CLEVERLY DISGUISED AS A RESPONSIBLE ADULT
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-05-2011, 1:44 PM
Dhena81's Avatar
Dhena81 Dhena81 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

It's not up to you what they want to sell it for people are paying that amount why would they short change themselves. What's the reason you want one is it only because it looks cool that would be the only reason. If you want function stick to the OEM stock or get a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock with the -2" LOP.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:57 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.