Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 05-20-2011, 3:26 PM
Veteran Member

Default Billy Ruger would not like this -- BX-25 Magazine

A factory 25 round magazine for the 10/22. Amazing...

http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html
Old 05-20-2011, 3:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

yep. guess ruger finally caught on but it is too little too late, especially considering that the tactical innovations magazine is pretty much the same thing, but even more usable since you can adjust how the magazine sits in the magwell and the price is close enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 05-20-2011, 5:58 PM
Calguns Addict

The more options for replacing worn out hotlips, the better!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
yep. guess ruger finally caught on but it is too little too late, especially considering that the tactical innovations magazine is pretty much the same thing, but even more usable since you can adjust how the magazine sits in the magwell and the price is close enough.
Since Bill died the company have done a lot of things he never would have. The AR clone, the tactical .22, the small pistols, 1911 clone, etc. I can see Ruger really dominating the market for mags IF this new mag is any good. Give out a coupon with each new 10/22 that allows the customer to buy one for $9.99 as a test, etc.
Old 05-21-2011, 3:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Since Bill died the company have done a lot of things he never would have. The AR clone, the tactical .22, the small pistols, 1911 clone, etc. I can see Ruger really dominating the market for mags IF this new mag is any good. Give out a coupon with each new 10/22 that allows the customer to buy one for $9.99 as a test, etc.
Yeah, it's weird seeing Ruger produce the products they have the past couple of years, and Bill Ruger is probably doing cartwheels in his grave because of it, but it's better for everyone. Reading up on Bill Ruger and his history running the company, it seems almost insane how anti-2a the guy was considering he ran a company that manufacturers guns. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration that engineers and executives must have had in and outside the board room because Bill wanted to ignore such a huge section of the market.
Old 05-21-2011, 7:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Yeah, it's weird seeing Ruger produce the products they have the past couple of years, and Bill Ruger is probably doing cartwheels in his grave because of it, but it's better for everyone. Reading up on Bill Ruger and his history running the company, it seems almost insane how anti-2a the guy was considering he ran a company that manufacturers guns. I can't even begin to imagine the frustration that engineers and executives must have had in and outside the board room because Bill wanted to ignore such a huge section of the market.
I too have read a great deal about Wm. Ruger. No question he was a good businessman but I think he greatest strength was in choosing some of the people he employed -- people we don't hear much about.

I don't think he was anti-2A. I just think business came first and he saw a way to make heaps of money while Colt, S&W and many of the rest were gasping for survival. He could/should have been a voice for the industry but he chose to focus on making money.

The current Ruger CEO has it fairly easy. The LCP, LC9, SR1911, SR22, SR556 and 22/45 are low hanging fruit for a company with Ruger's manufacturing experience and abilities. Easy slam dunks but they were introduced on a foundation built with the sales MK I/II/III pistols, 10/22 and single action revolvers.
Old 05-21-2011, 9:02 AM

Default BX-25 Magazine

I am going out today and buy one....oh yeah. I live in the People's Republic of Kalifornia and can't. Oh wellllllllllllllll.........................
Old 05-21-2011, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
I am going out today and buy one....oh yeah. I live in the People's Republic of Kalifornia and can't. Oh wellllllllllllllll.........................
You don't have any old hotlips or steellips mags that are broken and need to be replaced? that is a fail on you or your parents part for not getting some before 2000.
Old 05-21-2011, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

just a question , as i have not bought a 10-22 mag since the 80's , but whats the big deal with steel lips and adjustments ?
I have 3 ramline 1130-50 50 rd mags and 2 30 rd mags and a orig teardrop 50 rd rotary all plastic and all feed just fine still after gawd knows how many 1000's of rounds..
only issue i have ever had was a couple of the ramlines started to split there seams , but a lil jb weld fixed that.. and to top it off i dont remember for sure but I dont think i spent over 10 bucks for any of the ramlines ...
Old 05-21-2011, 9:45 AM

Bill Ruger was more concerned about being politically correct than supplying his customers.

Better to die for something than live for nothing
Old 05-21-2011, 10:01 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
Bill Ruger was more concerned about being politically correct than supplying his customers.
No -- staying in business to make sure he could supply his customers with guns at all. And now, see, when the magazine restrictions were lifted, they started making those 20 and 30 rounders again. Maybe you don't remember the political atmosphere in the early nineties -- all gun companies here under attack - but I don't hear people ragging on Springfield whose M1-A stayed legal and they switched to making 5 and ten round mags for it.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:09 PM

If he was alive they still wouldn't be releasing 20 and 30 rounders to the public.

"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."__William Ruger

Better to die for something than live for nothing
Old 05-21-2011, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-NewYawker View Post
No -- staying in business to make sure he could supply his customers with guns at all. And now, see, when the magazine restrictions were lifted, they started making those 20 and 30 rounders again. Maybe you don't remember the political atmosphere in the early nineties -- all gun companies here under attack - but I don't hear people ragging on Springfield whose M1-A stayed legal and they switched to making 5 and ten round mags for it.
Good points.

Ruger came under fire for two things from the low-foreheads: His comments about magazine capacities and the safety information that is roll-formed onto Ruger firearms. People looking for a scapegoat found one in Ruger -- someone with whom to vest all their anger at hatred at the changes taking place.

Had Ruger produced big banana magazines for the 10/22, Mini-14 and Ranch Rifle and added versions with pistol grips it would not only have hurt his company it would have inflamed the gun control people even further which would likely have led to even more problems.
Old 05-21-2011, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
If he was alive they still wouldn't be releasing 20 and 30 rounders to the public.

"I never meant for simple civilians to have my 20 or 30 round magazines or my folding stock."__William Ruger
You know what though, I'm not so sure about that. Sturm, Ruger & Co. had to look somewhere for growth and they have done it building firearms and accessories that many claim Ruger would have never built. However Ruger was all about bucks and given the gun climate today I'm not sure he wouldn't be doing what the current CEO is doing...
Old 05-21-2011, 2:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by para-frame View Post
You don't have any old hotlips or steellips mags that are broken and need to be replaced? that is a fail on you or your parents part for not getting some before 2000.
And supposedly swapping out one defective large capacity magazine for a different type/brand with no interchangeable parts will be a hard sell for a jury with an aggressive DA should he decide you are to burn for your sins on the legal cross. Careful out there...

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 05-23-2011, 9:58 PM

Old checker pants Bill would not approve - LOL ;-)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
And supposedly swapping out one defective large capacity magazine for a different type/brand with no interchangeable parts will be a hard sell for a jury with an aggressive DA should he decide you are to burn for your sins on the legal cross. Careful out there...

Looking at the video I bet at least the spring could interchange.