Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-14-2011, 8:16 PM

I would love to be a journalist digging through this case. There's so much to this story. And to think we are only just starting to break ground on it.
Old 07-14-2011, 8:17 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeoflyer View Post
I can't wait to see these bastards in handcuffs.
We can only hope.

Of course the ultimate motive was to influence the statistics and support the undermining of 2A nationwide.

Just like the BP's orders to reduce or eliminate apprehension of illegals so Janet's stats could show "the border is safer than ever".

It all seems so painfully obvious that it boggles the mind to consider that 95% of the sheep don't see it.

Senate Public Safety Chair Loni Hancock:
"Yeah, we do that quite a lot, actually..."

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016
Old 07-14-2011, 8:19 PM
Calguns Addict

and all my friends thought I was the crazy one for bringing up that idea.
Old 07-14-2011, 8:23 PM

Man, I thought this stuff only happens in old clique governmental conspiracy movies.
Eerie to find out that it actually does occur in real life-

@Dutch3 really?! Do you have any links for that?
Old 07-14-2011, 8:25 PM
Calguns Addict

it doesn't matter how much stuff we find unless it defeats the ATF and the ANTIS which it won't.
Old 07-14-2011, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
and all my friends thought I was the crazy one for bringing up that idea.

yup same here, they laugh and said our government would never do something like that. what foolish sheep they all are.

More armed citizens = Quicker response times, less victims.
Less armed citizens = more victims

Guns should only be surrendered one bullet at a time.
Old 07-14-2011, 8:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Except nobody in the mainstream media wants to cover it. Their built in bias is to support the goals of this operation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrupt View Post
I would love to be a journalist digging through this case. There's so much to this story. And to think we are only just starting to break ground on it.
Old 07-14-2011, 8:35 PM
Calguns Addict

not surprised. it's pretty obvious that ATF and this administration have a certain agenda.
Old 07-14-2011, 8:44 PM

Default Gunwalker: Justice Department Tampering with Witnesses?

More interesting revelations, courtesy of Pajamas Media....

From http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunrunn...inglepage=true

Quote:

Gunwalker: Justice Department Tampering with Witnesses?

Darrell Issa and Charles Grassley demand to know about contact DOJ has had with committee witnesses. Also, a source tells PJM: DOJ has picked a new fall guy to target after they failed to topple ATF Director Ken Melson.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and Sen. Charles Grassley, (R-IA), ranking member on the Senate Judiciary Committee, have fired off another pair of letters to Attorney General Eric Holder as part of their investigation into the Operation Fast and Furious debacle, which has claimed the lives of at least two American law enforcement agents and a reported 150 Mexican nationals.

In one letter, Issa and Grassley note that the Department of Justice has been providing information about the program to committee witnesses — which implies tampering. The other letter names DOJ officials who knew about the operation.

Per the tampering letter:

We have recently learned that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATF) has afforded potential witnesses for the Committees’ investigation into Operation Fast and Furious access to a shared drive on its computer system replete with pertinent investigative documents, including official ATF emails. Although, our staff has been advised the Department has since terminated access to this document cache, we write to seek additional information relating to this egregious decision. We also ask that you promptly self-report this matter to the Office of Inspector General (OIG).

As we understand it, the shared drive contains the documents that have been produced to the Committees through the course of our investigation, those made available for in camera review and possibly documents that the Department of Justice (DOJ) has not yet provided to the Committee. These witnesses had not previously seen many of these documents.

Allowing witnesses access to such documents could taint their testimony by allowing them to tailor their responses to what they think the Committees already know. Additionally, witnesses who gain access to documents they have not previously seen could alter their recollection of events. This practice harms not only our investigation, but also the independent investigation that you instructed the Inspector General to conduct.

In other words: the DOJ was either trying to make sure witness stories are consistent with DOJ talking points, or they were going through the back door to make sure everyone who was testifying was on the same page. Either would likely get the average citizen slapped with an obstruction or witness tampering charge in a state or federal court.

The hypocrisy here is egregious. According to the letter, on May 5 of this year an associate deputy attorney general expressed concern the committee “might allow witnesses exposure to documents they had not previously seen”:

To the extent that you nevertheless plan to interview our trial witnesses prior to trial, we would appreciate you taking the following steps to help reduce the risk of harm to the case that could arise from such interviews. First … we ask that you not show the witnesses new documents, as exposing the witnesses to facts that are not already within their personal knowledge may contaminate their recall of events. Second, for the same reasons, we ask that you not orally convey facts to the witness of which the witness was previously unaware.

DOJ did exactly what they asked Issa’s committee not to do.

Issa and Grassley demanded the following by July 18:

1. Identify which ATF and DOJ employees had access to this shared drive.

2. Provide a log of documents and the date each document was posted to the shared drive.

3. Provide a log of any other documents relating to this investigation, not on the shared drive, to which these employees had access.

4. Provide the dates for which these employees had access to the shared drive.

5. Identify those employees who still have access to this information.

The other letter sent to Holder names the people the committee says it knows for a fact had knowledge about Operation Fast and Furious. Of the 12 names on the list, there are a couple of particular interest. One is Lanny Breuer, former special counsel to President Bill Clinton and current assistant attorney general for the Criminal Division. Another is Deputy Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Blanco.

PJMedia has heard from sources that since DOJ’s attempt to make Acting ATF Director Ken Melson the fall guy failed when he turned King’s Evidence, DOJ is now planning to make Blanco the sacrificial lamb.

A third name of extreme interest: Gary Grindler, Eric Holder’s chief of staff.

It’s a bit difficult to believe that Holder’s chief of staff knew about this operation, but Holder didn’t.

Issa and Grassley are demanding all communications records between the 12 relating to Operation Fast and Furious.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult for Holder to claim — as he has all along – that he didn’t know about the operation until it blew up in his face. Issa and Grassley must keep pounding away until the guilty parties are hauled before a federal grand jury – the country owes Brian Terry and Jamie Zapata nothing less.

"Environmentalists look at the gun, the car and the jet engine as instruments of Satan, but the mosquito has killed more than all three put together." Jeremy Clarkson, on the green movement

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-14-2011, 8:44 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnit7 View Post
@Dutch3 really?! Do you have any links for that?
The "reduced apprehension" allegations were raised by Arizona Sheriff Larry Dever. Fox news did a few pieces on it (yes, I know, it is Fox...)

BP Ordered to Reduce Illegal Apprehensions

Earlier Report

- Joint Legislative Informational Hearing on Firearms - Newsom Initiative #1756 - May 3rd 2016

Last edited by Dutch3; 07-14-2011 at 8:54 PM..
Old 07-14-2011, 8:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnit7 View Post
Man, I thought this stuff only happens in old clique governmental conspiracy movies.
Eerie to find out that it actually does occur in real life-

At the latest, "real life" matched those "conspiracy movies" round about the time of "Wag the Dog" and BJ Billy's dalliance with m(')nica / simultaneous cruise missile strikes on some guy nobody ever heard of before... what, Been Loddin or something like that? BJ Billy missed, but that Loddin feller got in the next shot and didn't miss.

Since "Wag the Dog" played out in real life -- and nobody really got the connection -- nothing surprises me anymore.
Old 07-14-2011, 9:06 PM

how do we get a documentary filmed on the whole thing?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Default Update

July 12, 2011 - Gun attorney David Hardy, writing in his blog "Of Arms and the Law", lays out a strong case that ATF agents and other involved in the Gunwalker scandal broke the "Arms Export Control Act" (22 USC §2778). Those responsible could be subject to "a fine for each violation not more than $1,000,000 or imprisonment of not more than ten years, or both."

July 13, 2011 - Rep. Blake Farenthold, appearing on an NRA vidcast, states that the purpose of "Fast and Furious" was to justify further gun control laws.

July 13, 2011 - Katie Pavlich writing at Townhall.com reports that "Fast and Furious" was designed to promote gun control. She has copies of an internal ATF email that appears to support her claim.

July 15, 2011 - The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review prints an editorial calling for Eric Holder's resignation.

July 15, 2011 - PBS reports on the outrage in Mexico over "Fastand Furious". The story is gaining traction in even liberal media.

July 15, 2011 - The Sacramento Bee prints an opinion piece by Margaret A. Bengs which makes the point that California has an interest in the "Gunwalker" investigation.

July 15, 2011 - The Jamestown Sun calls for further investigation of the ATF and the resignation of Eric Holder.

July 15, 2011 - City Watch LA - an LA online outlet reports on the ATF scandal.

Last edited by vincewarde; 07-15-2011 at 1:15 PM..
Old 07-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Default Update

July 15, 2011 - The LA Times covers new gun control bills to be introduced in congress, but makes a point of covering Gunwalker in the same article, including asking if the bills were merely an attempt to distract from the ATF scandal.

July 15, 2011 - The Weekly Standard publishes a very large article on Gunwalker entitled: More DOJ Malpractice - A misbegotten scheme to boost gun control turns deadly.

July 16, 2011 - The Christian Science Monitor publishes a large article including coverage of Gunwalker.

Last edited by vincewarde; 07-16-2011 at 2:49 PM..
Old 07-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

I see that PBS is still more than happy to pass along the lie rather than do any investigative reporting: A report commissioned by Congress in June indicated that 70 percent of firearms recovered at crime scenes in Mexico and traced to their origin in 2009 and 2010 had come from the United States.

Last edited by SoCal Bob; 07-16-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Old 07-16-2011, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Bob View Post
I see that PBS is still more than happy to pass along the lie rather than do any investigative reporting: A report commissioned by Congress in June indicated that 70 percent of firearms recovered at crime scenes in Mexico and traced to their origin in 2009 and 2010 had come from the United States.
Give them time. They are slowly catching on. They are in the same position Republicans were in during Watergate - they are still hoping Obama and Holder did not know. Of course, we all know how Watergate turned out

One of the things that very well may come out of this is increased credibility for the gun rights movement and the gun rights media. Especially if and when proof emerges that Gunwalker was intended to justify more gun control laws.
Old 07-16-2011, 8:10 PM

Default Update

July 16, 2011 - The LA Times reports on the FBI involvement in Gunwalker.

July 16, 2011 - The Austin Statesman reports on a case where a firearms dealer reported a suspicious buyer to ATF and the resulting conviction. They then report on 'Fast and Furious" and conclude that this all somehow proves the need for mandatory reporting on multiple rifle sales.
Old 07-17-2011, 8:09 AM
Veteran Member

I just sent a link to the blog to everyone in my mail contacts list good job on this.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhena81 View Post
I just sent a link to the blog to everyone in my mail contacts list good job on this.
Thanks! Thank God for the internet - if this happened in the 1970s we never would have heard about it - except the parts that could be twisted to push new gun control.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:56 PM

Default Update

July 17, 2011 - The Tennessean reports that congressional investigators have evidence that the scandal reaches "the highest levels" of the Justice Department - including "Senate confirmed appointees". Rep. Issa has demanded further information, including emails and other documents.

July 17, 2011 - Fox 26, the Fox station in Medford Oregon reports that the family of DEA agent Jaime Zapata has retained a lawyer and that ATF has refused them any information in reagrds to the firearms used in his murder.

July 18, 2011 - The Daily Caller reports that Isaa and Grassley are pushing the FBI and DEA hard for answered regarding their involvement in Gunwalker.

July 18, 2011 - ABC News reports that Acting Director Melson's, "Eyes nearly popped out of his head" when he found out that the subjects ATF was enabling to by firearms and smuggle them across the boarder were on the FBI payroll. When he communicated this to deputy attorney general (DAG) Jim Cole, he did not seem to be shocked.

July 18, 2011 - CNN reports on the congressional demand for DEA, FBI and DOJ documents
Old 07-18-2011, 2:19 PM
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor

I am still in disbelief how so many people I talk to know nothing about this.

The "under the radar" ploy certainly seemed to work in regard to most people. However, I am spreading the word.

The usual reaction is delayed shock, followed by outrage.

Thank you for your excellent service, Vince!

Old 07-18-2011, 7:20 PM

L.A. Times today:

Justice Department trying to shield officials in guns scandal, ATF chief says
Kenneth Melson, the ATF's acting director, claims Justice Department officials refuse to release a telling internal report on the Fast and Furious operation.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,2052417.story
Old 07-19-2011, 9:24 AM

I just found this little gem and didn't notice it here yet:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cyanideandhappinessbatf.jpg (69.1 KB, 313 views)
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Default Update

July 19, 2011 - More articles on the alleged DOJ cover up of Gunwalker, including the existence of a 'smoking gun" internal report: Fox News Latino LA Times CBS Forbes USA Today Main Justice
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Default Update

July 19, 2011 - Reuters carries a story about Gunwalker, focusing upon a gun dealer who did not want to participate.

July 20, 2011 - Fox News does a story on the straw buyers and the failure of "Fast and Furious" to snare any high ranking catel members. They also report that new hearings will take place on July 26.
Old 07-21-2011, 2:50 PM

LA Times has a rather damning article today... looking for link now...

Front page... online at least. Dateline from this afternoon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5029419.story

Certainty of death... small chance of success... what are we waiting for? --Gimli, son of Gloin; on attacking the vast army of Mordor

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!
--Patrick Henry; Virginia, 1775
Old 07-21-2011, 7:43 PM

anybody else hear issa on the john and ken show?
Old 07-21-2011, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkincal View Post
LA Times has a rather damning article today... looking for link now...

Front page... online at least. Dateline from this afternoon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,5029419.story
Wow. Does this scream "Cover-Up" or what? Obstruction?
I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice
Old 07-21-2011, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambrian View Post
anybody else hear issa on the john and ken show?
No. How about a rundown? Anything new?
I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice
Old 07-22-2011, 3:02 AM
Calguns Addict

As been said, I can't wait for the movie. This is so intense and real life, and its just the first act!

Gun-Control: "A theory like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
Old 07-23-2011, 7:13 PM

Default Update

July 22, 2011 - The LA Times reports that the BATFE attempted to mislead congressional investigators earlier in the investigation.

July 22, 2011 - Sen. Grassley is interviewed by Fox News. He reports that DOJ withheld documents given to them by the acting director of ATF. Grassley believes that DOJ is probably "stonewalling" and that "very high ranking officials in DOJ" knew of the program.

July 22, 2011 - Human Events reports that the DOJ's Inspector General has opened a formal investigation into alleged retaliation against ATF whistle blowers.

July 22, 2011 - Sen. Grassley is quoted in a Newsmax story as saying that Gunwalker clearly involved criminal activity. He also indicated that acting ATF director Melson was not only told to quit he was ordered not to talk to congress.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:21 PM

Default Update

July 24, 2011 - The Toledo Blade prints an OP ED by Jack Lessenberry, the paper's ombudsman and member of the journalism faculty at Wayne State University. In it Lessenberry expresses concern in regards to the lack of coverage of Gunwalker.

July 24, 2011 - The Eureka Times-Standard reports on the DOJ cover up.

July 24, 2011 - World Net Daily publishes a commentary by Rodger Hedgecook in which he points out that having created a scandal, the administration is now attempting to use it to pass additional gun control laws. He also reports that "the Obama administration is also running guns directly to the Zeta cartel through the State Department's U.S. Direct Commercial Sales program. The weapons in that program include "anti-aircraft weapons and hand grenades from the Vietnam War era" as well as "grenade launchers … and military gear including night vision goggles and body armor."
Old 07-25-2011, 8:44 AM

At least two Phoenix straw purchasers were prohibited. FBI approved the sales anyway.
Originally Posted by James Earl Jones
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
Old 07-25-2011, 9:07 AM

As per the post above, 2 convicted felons buying a total of 360 weapons between them, with FBI tacit approval! Otherwise the NICS is a total sham! UNBELIEVABLE!

It is absolutley time for a Special Prosecutor and for Obummer and his pet Holder to go DOWN....
Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Mtn Flyer View Post
As per the post above, 2 convicted felons buying a total of 360 weapons between them, with FBI tacit approval! Otherwise the NICS is a total sham! UNBELIEVABLE!

It is absolutley time for a Special Prosecutor and for Obummer and his pet Holder to go DOWN....
Well, NICS is definitely not a sham. The answer is obvious and I would agree.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincewarde View Post
July 24, 2011 - World Net Daily publishes a commentary by Rodger Hedgecook in which he points out that having created a scandal, the administration is now attempting to use it to pass additional gun control laws. He also reports that "the Obama administration is also running guns directly to the Zeta cartel through the State Department's U.S. Direct Commercial Sales program. The weapons in that program include "anti-aircraft weapons and hand grenades from the Vietnam War era" as well as "grenade launchers … and military gear including night vision goggles and body armor."
Sounds tragically all too familiar... Now, Hillary is pulling an Iran-Contra 2.0 ?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Default Update

July 25, 2011 - The LA Times reports that the US Embassy in Mexico City was intentionally kept "out of the loop" on Gunwalker.

July 25, 2011 - Fox News reports that ATF and FBI manipulated the National Instant Check System (NICS) to allow straw buyers in "Fast and Furious" to buy firearms, even when they were prohibited persons. Human Events and the Daily Caller also carry stories.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bear View Post
Sounds tragically all too familiar... Now, Hillary is pulling an Iran-Contra 2.0 ?
This thing began to stink more and more. Good Lord, what is wrong with these clowns?
This amounts to treason. Cartels killing our LEO with guns purchased on taxpayers money. Really? This Eric Holden guy needs to be put in prison for that.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUGASOFF View Post
This thing began to stink more and more.

Quote:
Even with the growing "Gunwalker" revelations, the push for more gun control lives on.

Over the weekend, the San Francisco Chronicle ran a story with the headline, "ATF data defy theory, tie U.S. gun flow to cartels."

Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Chuck Schumer are cited in the article demanding restoration of the expired federal ban on "assault weapons."

Read more: Guns for Mexican cartels http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE...#ixzz1T9HSJIsv
Old 07-25-2011, 3:33 PM

I just got an e-mail alert that Washington Post has a long article on Fast & Furious as well.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/invest...wpisrc=al_excl