Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 05-08-2011, 9:07 PM

Default How do you zero Matech Rear BUIS?

I'm just wondering how do you zero Matech rear BUIS? I know the military uses them on their service rifles, I've also noticed that it does have a windage adjustment knob, but no elevation knob? it does have a knob that is numbered for multiple distances of meters, but how do you adjust the elevation to make sure it's on point, let's say, 25 meters/27 yards? if the BUIS elevation is zero'ed from the factory, then which rail slot are you supposed to screw the BUIS on if that was the case? Thanks
https://joinnra.nra.org/join/join.aspx
Old 05-08-2011, 9:35 PM

The Matech is designed to work with the standard AR front sight post. Elevation adjustments are made on the front sight for zero. Once zeroed range adjustments are made on the rear sight, 300-600M.
Old 05-08-2011, 9:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
The Matech is designed to work with the standard AR front sight post. Elevation adjustments are made on the front sight for zero. Once zeroed range adjustments are made on the rear sight, 300-600M.

Oh yeah! sorry I forgot about that very important detail! the FSP is for elevation, thank you for all your help without being a sarcastic jerk!
Old 05-08-2011, 11:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Kmrtnsn has got it correct.

I actually like the MaTech sight over other BUIS because of its rudimentary BDC feature (that's the elevation lever you're talking about with the different distances. BDC stands for Bullet Drop Compensator). It is designed to be zeroed in with 62gr M855 with either a 14.5" M4 barrel or a 20" M16 barrel. You zero in the BDC feature by setting the elevation lever on the BUIS to the "300" for a 14.5" barrel or the "--" mark just below the 300 for a 20" barrel (and for a 16" barrel, I'd use the 300 setting). You then use the windage knob as well as adjusting the FSP for elevation to zero the sight at 25 meters. Voila, your BDC is now zeroed. You can now use the elevation lever on the MaTech BUIS to account for changes in distance.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
Kmrtnsn has got it correct.

I actually like the MaTech sight over other BUIS because of its rudimentary BDC feature (that's the elevation lever you're talking about with the different distances. BDC stands for Bullet Drop Compensator). It is designed to be zeroed in with 62gr M855 with either a 14.5" M4 barrel or a 20" M16 barrel. You zero in the BDC feature by setting the elevation lever on the BUIS to the "300" for a 14.5" barrel or the "--" mark just below the 300 for a 20" barrel (and for a 16" barrel, I'd use the 300 setting). You then use the windage knob as well as adjusting the FSP for elevation to zero the sight at 25 meters. Voila, your BDC is now zeroed. You can now use the elevation lever on the MaTech BUIS to account for changes in distance.
Which yard do you think I should set up my target to zero it? 25 meters?
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You must zero the sight at 25 meters (approximately 27 yards) in order for the BDC to work properly.