Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2011, 3:38 PM
brantly04's Avatar
brantly04 brantly04 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 889
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default 10/30 PMAG

So I bought some 10/30 Magpul PMAGS from a fellow cal gunner several months ago.



Is it time for some liquid nails clear seal slicone on the bottom?

Last edited by brantly04; 05-08-2011 at 7:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2011, 3:39 PM
Damiiaaannn's Avatar
Damiiaaannn Damiiaaannn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fresno
Posts: 2,125
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Yes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2011, 3:42 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Its up to you. Most LEO like to see the bottom plate sealed.

I dont see the need.

Last edited by dieselpower; 05-08-2011 at 9:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-08-2011, 3:43 PM
FatalKitty's Avatar
FatalKitty FatalKitty is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,939
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

there are two schools of thought on this.

one is that it needs to be permanent, at least requiring epoxy or something

the other is that once you lose the original floorplate, you can no longer make a "high cap" magazine out of it. Once you take a magazine apart it is now a "parts kit" and not a magazine, this is how stores like Sac Black Rifle can sell me a 30rd pmag "kit" over the counter. There is nothing illegal about it. It's how you assemble it that makes it illegal... assemble it with a block off limiting floor plate and it's not a high cap.

I for one, don't worry about nailing, epoxying or doing anything else to my 10/30 and 10/20 pmags... other than throwing away the original floorplate.
__________________
you don't rise to the occasion,
you just fall back on your level of training.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2011, 3:45 PM
AAShooter's Avatar
AAShooter AAShooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,679
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

California law is not very specific on how to comply. There is one line of thought that if it complies when assembled it is okay. When disassembled it is now a parts kit. Many don't like not being able to disassemble the magazine and clean it.

So it comes down to which method of making a 10/20 or 10/30 you think complies with California law.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-08-2011, 3:53 PM
brantly04's Avatar
brantly04 brantly04 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 889
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

So I just bought 4 30 round parts kits for my AK74...

Bought these blocks..

http://www.solartactical.com/AK74-10...-3PACK-222.htm


If I just insert the blocks do I need epoxy on the bottom?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-08-2011, 5:04 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantly04 View Post
So I just bought 4 30 round parts kits for my AK74...

Bought these blocks..

http://www.solartactical.com/AK74-10...-3PACK-222.htm


If I just insert the blocks do I need epoxy on the bottom?
I wouldnt need to seal the bottom, I think you should seal the bottom though.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-08-2011, 5:06 PM
muddy57 muddy57 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 70
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantly04 View Post
So I bought some 10/30 Magpul PMAGS from a fellow cal gunner several months ago.


Today I look at them and was able to take them apart. From what I understand...you're not suppose to be able to take them apart correct?


I was able to disassemble it...pull the block out... and 10+ rounds in it.


Is it time for some liquid nails clear seal slicone on the bottom?
why?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2011, 5:13 PM
frankiejoe577's Avatar
frankiejoe577 frankiejoe577 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Marin County, Bay Area, CA
Posts: 373
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantly04 View Post
So I bought some 10/30 Magpul PMAGS from a fellow cal gunner several months ago.


Today I look at them and was able to take them apart. From what I understand...you're not suppose to be able to take them apart correct?


I was able to disassemble it...pull the block out... and 10+ rounds in it.


Is it time for some liquid nails clear seal slicone on the bottom?
You just admitted to committing a felony by changing the magazine to hold more then 10 rounds.
__________________
Marin County - Glock Armorer

If you need website hosting, contact me and we might be able to work something out for a good deal.


Photos from my last trip to Front Sight Click here.
A few training certificates available if your interested.

Last edited by frankiejoe577; 05-08-2011 at 5:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2011, 5:47 PM
brantly04's Avatar
brantly04 brantly04 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chico, CA
Posts: 889
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

The mags are all legal
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-08-2011, 5:52 PM
hotfire's Avatar
hotfire hotfire is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 117
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Would buying a mag block to limit a 30rd pmag to only hold 10 rounds without epoxy or pinning, still be legal?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-08-2011, 6:05 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Let me explain this too you....


The fact you can doesn't mean you should..or that doing it is LEGAL.

so with the bottom non-sealed, yes you could take it apart and turn it into a large capacity magaine, but doing so is against the law. The law doesnt say you can never have a ability to do it, it says you can not do it...it also says if you alter a large capacity magazine, that can never be undone.

Last edited by dieselpower; 05-08-2011 at 9:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-08-2011, 7:37 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

why buy a 10/20 or 10/30 when you can just buy the original rebuild kits and not fuss with the mess??

with the 10/30 you are creating a fixed ILLEGAL mag after its cracked and re sealed (something i would never do), when with the rebuild you can always disassemble and use out of state, or in state for the law breakers?

10/30 are just to look pretty and for people who want to go to jail otherwise

i could be wrong so go easy on my post
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-08-2011, 9:59 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
why buy a 10/20 or 10/30 when you can just buy the original rebuild kits and not fuss with the mess??
The original rebuild kits can ONLY be used in two ways
1) repair your legal large capacity magazine. The kit is parts.
2) turn the KIT into a 10rd magazine.


with the 10/30 you are creating a fixed ILLEGAL mag after its cracked and re sealed (something i would never do), Not sure where you got this. there is no law saying a cracked magazine or if you removed sealant this makes a magazine illegal. A 10rd magazine is a 10rd magazine. physical inspection to determine capacity is all that the laws requires. Future capacity is not your concern. when with the rebuild you can always disassemble and use out of state, well yes and no...if the magazine is a large capacity magazine its illegal...so just because its in parts form and you use it as a large capacity magazine it can be said that it still is a large capacity magazine...its better to just leave a rebuild kit as a rebuild kit or in state for the law breakers? wut?

10/30 are just to look pretty and for people who want to go to jail otherwise

they also help grip the magazine. the longer body aids thick gloved hands, or disabled persons handle the magazines. there are valid reasons to want long bodied 10rd magazine.

i could be wrong so go easy on my post
I've read worse... heck I thought worse when I first started dealing with the magazine laws.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:07 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
I've read worse... heck I thought worse when I first started dealing with the magazine laws.

its funny that people like you are always looking to pick apart someones response and find something wrong with the smallest thing.

i meant when cracked open to convert it into a high capacity mag as the first post somewhat hinted to its a waste of time.. liquid nails...wtf?...people know what that means

and i know what a rebuild kit is for, dont you understand what i was actually trying to say without saying it? do all states have a ban on high cap mags?

try reading my post with an open mind and without trying to pick it apart.

this thread should have never been started or said what was said in the first original post

Last edited by blazeaglory; 05-08-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM
negolien's Avatar
negolien negolien is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,649
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Thumbs down hate em

OK so the title says almost all of it... I dislike these with an intensity because I didn't get a long enough bi-pod to have it open and resting on the butt stock with a mag in it :<( I thought it was an 6-9 or something /shrug. Actually had my rig fall off the table this weekend right after I put my glass on it took 3 shots and leaned over to see thru spotting scope. I laid it on buttstock and bi-pod but forgot to put a bag under the butt stock :<)... I looked thru the scope and heard a large crash. I was embarrassed lol. Felt like I had just had A ND. Sooo no thanks since I can't use but 10 of em legally anyways I'll stick to the 20 rounders.
__________________
"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

http://www.AnySoldier.com
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

lol ok ok
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-09-2011, 6:59 AM
shadowofnight's Avatar
shadowofnight shadowofnight is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 3,529
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default

Nobody can give you a definitive answer , the POS laws are too vague....just be sure that no matter how you do it...that you can not load more than 10 rounds into the magazine with your already assembled/purchased 10 round limited magazines or are assembling a new parts kit from scratch .

If rebuilding a standard cap mag, it can hold whatever you want it to...just dont insert it into a BB firearm. Also destroy/dispose of the original magazines body so as not to end up with any more standard cap magazines than you originally started out with.

Last edited by shadowofnight; 05-09-2011 at 7:02 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-09-2011, 8:01 AM
CK_32's Avatar
CK_32 CK_32 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 14,284
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Just take them apart and leave them that way and use them how ever u want. Then take them appart after you are done at the range. No one will know and you won't have to worry about it. Just call them parts kits
__________________
For Sale: 40 S&W Bullet Case Valve Stem Caps

What's Your Caliber??


My Youtube channel
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-09-2011, 8:17 AM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
its funny that people like you are always looking to pick apart someones response and find something wrong with the smallest thing.

i meant when cracked open to convert it into a high capacity mag as the first post somewhat hinted to its a waste of time.. liquid nails...wtf?...people know what that means

and i know what a rebuild kit is for, dont you understand what i was actually trying to say without saying it? do all states have a ban on high cap mags?

try reading my post with an open mind and without trying to pick it apart.

this thread should have never been started or said what was said in the first original post
I, & "we" pick peoples post apart because they post illegal activities. People still pick my post apart. They think the same thing of what I say.

The whole read between the lines crap isnt working. It makes you look like an idiot or a criminal...choose one. If you are not comfortable telling the entire world what you are doing...maybe you shouldnt be doing it. Those things are what cost a person their firearm rights...FOREVER. Its a child's mindset. Its shows a lack of maturity one must have to be trusted with firearms. The people looking to strip us all of our gun rights use your "read between the lines" logic as a reason we can not be trusted. "Because he can break the law, it must be against the law"....this is their motto. You further their cause by showing yourself to be exactly what they think...A person who breaks the law at any chance they get and "pretends" he doesn't.

The OP didn't realize he did something wrong. Several of us SLAMMED him for it. This is how people learn...they are told not to do X and then why X is bad.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Socal Armament's Avatar
Socal Armament Socal Armament is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Riverside
Posts: 384
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

@dieselpower "when with the rebuild you can always disassemble and use out of state, well yes and no...if the magazine is a large capacity magazine its illegal...so just because its in parts form and you use it as a large capacity magazine it can be said that it still is a large capacity magazine...its better to just leave a rebuild kit as a rebuild kit"

Im calling you out on FUD. I'm pretty sure theres absolutely nothing in the penal code that says owning a high cap mag is illegal, only the sale, trade, manufacture etc. I am in no way saying to use a rebuild kit to manufacture a new high cap mag because that is Illegal, but the way the law is written even if you did do that and had in laying on the ground and not in a BB rifle there is no way they could prosecute you. And again im not saying to do that, but im just stating facts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:51 AM
glock_this's Avatar
glock_this glock_this is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Under your skin
Posts: 8,227
iTrader: 48 / 98%
Default

as a rule of thumb, I block and epoxy as it is not worth the hassle if someone wants to get pushy with me I don't need grief over $20 mags. AND, if you ever move, you could always always sell those blocked and epoxied mags here for more than it would cost to buy yourself some new ones.
__________________
10 +1 in the chamber

WTS: Gun stuff & things
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
tacticalcity's Avatar
tacticalcity tacticalcity is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 8,812
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAShooter View Post
California law is not very specific on how to comply. There is one line of thought that if it complies when assembled it is okay. When disassembled it is now a parts kit. Many don't like not being able to disassemble the magazine and clean it.

So it comes down to which method of making a 10/20 or 10/30 you think complies with California law.
This is the best answer. Letter of the law discusses capacity limits and does not go into issues of permanence or manufacturing methods by which you comply. If people want to go above and beyond to try and do some CYA that is fine. But when they try and say it is required, that gets really annoying. Comments like "most police officers will say" are bogus. Just people trying to beef up their own viewpoint. Usually none of the officers I know would say that. They don't mind seing you go above and beyond to comply with the law, but all they care about is that are in compliance.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 05-09-2011 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-09-2011, 11:29 AM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

@ Tacticalcity...we [the forum members] have hashed this out numerous times. everybody knows my viewpoint on this. If a police officer is going to hassle you about a long body magazine he will focus on there not being sealant on the floorplate. This is because for years now people have said the law states "permanently altered" means never able to reverse the limiting without tools. So when they see you can remove the limiting device by hand they will screw with you.

I say thats BS. As soon as you disassemble the mag, its a pile of parts. What you do next is either illegal or legal.

@ DeltaFX, there is a law against transportation and manufacturing. If a DA can prove you are simply disassembling and reassembling a large capacity magazine as a way to avoid detection while either crossing the border or using a large capacity magazine within the state after 1/1/2000 he will go after you..you do not understand the law if you think not.

You need to get it into your head a large capacity magazine..DEFINDED by your statements to LEO as a LARGE capacity magazine...EVEN in parts, is illegal to transport or manufacture after 1/1/2000.

BP- Good morning sir, are you transporting any fruits or firearms in the car?
You- No fruits, I have some firearms.
BP- Whats in this box?
You- Magazine parts.
BP- Parts?
You- Yes I disassemble my large capacity magazine while inside CA and assemble it to use in AZ.
BP- So when did you get this?
You- Oh that one I just bought in AZ.
BP- Please place your hands on your head.....

You are admitting its a large capacity magazine and you are transporting it across the boarder in parts. I myself [at one time] thought the law allowed large capacity magazines, purchased after 1/1/2000, to be held in parts form inside CA. It doesn't. The law is silent on parts, but very clear on transportation.

I agree a DA, outside of a border jurisdiction, is going to have a hard time filing charges. In that case all he would need is you saying something like, "i ordered the magazine in parts form." Now shipping to your house his transportation of a large capacity magazine into CA. The DA doesn't need to prove you are manufacturing or selling to prove you are transporting.... those are THREE separate things in one law.

Its the same as saying you can not be charged with offering for sale if you sell it in parts form..you can.
You- 1 large capacity magazine broken down into parts, $20. = ILLEGAL
You- 1 magazine rebuild kit, 30rd long body, all parts, $20 = LEGAL

The way you describe something determines what you are doing or what you did.

Last edited by dieselpower; 05-09-2011 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-09-2011, 1:37 PM
JDW67 JDW67 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,854
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Around and around we go...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-09-2011, 1:39 PM
ilkhan's Avatar
ilkhan ilkhan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

IMO: If its not capable of holding and feeding rounds, its not a magazine, they are a collection of parts for a magazine. The law is silent on magazine parts; it only bans import/sale/transfer/etc of >10 round magazines.
Unlike a full auto sear or silencer baffle, a full-cap magazine body isn't considered a full-cap magazine in and of itself.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-09-2011, 1:52 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkhan View Post
IMO: If its not capable of holding and feeding rounds, its not a magazine, they are a collection of parts for a magazine. The law is silent on magazine parts; it only bans import/sale/transfer/etc of >10 round magazines.
Unlike a full auto sear or silencer baffle, a full-cap magazine body isn't considered a full-cap magazine in and of itself.
and a shoe string isnt a machine gun unless you admit thats what you use it for, or they can prove that is how you use it....
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-09-2011, 2:27 PM
Socal Armament's Avatar
Socal Armament Socal Armament is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Riverside
Posts: 384
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

@dieselpower ok, I kinda get your point, even though there is no difference between a "rebuild kit" and a "high cap mag broken into parts" they can get you on intent? because you referred to it as a complete magazine and not a rebuild kit?

anyways to the OP I would permanently seal the floor plate just to be sure. you might think its a legal 10 round mag, but at the end of the day it only matters what the liberal judge who is trying you thinks.

P.S. dieselpower, I've read through the high cap mag thread here on calguns and other places, and the general consensus seems to be that its very very unlikely to get prosecuted for simply possessing one.

Last edited by Socal Armament; 05-09-2011 at 2:35 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2011, 2:35 PM
SixPointEight's Avatar
SixPointEight SixPointEight is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,534
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX View Post

Im calling you out on FUD. I'm pretty sure theres absolutely nothing in the penal code that says owning a high cap mag is illegal, only the sale, trade, manufacture etc. I am in no way saying to use a rebuild kit to manufacture a new high cap mag because that is Illegal, but the way the law is written even if you did do that and had in laying on the ground and not in a BB rifle there is no way they could prosecute you. And again im not saying to do that, but im just stating facts.
Well you've failed. If you assemble the mag out of state, or worse, take out the block when you're out of state, you're making the mag in your hand a high-cap mag. When you take it apart, or put the block in, it's still a high cap mag. You can't import it back into ca, and you can't use it in a BB rifle. There has been opinions issues that says once a high-cap, always a high cap. The confusing part is that when you re-block it, it would be a high cap mag that only holds 10 rounds.

Is it stupid? Yes.

eta: looks like Diesel beat me to it.

Last edited by SixPointEight; 05-09-2011 at 2:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-09-2011, 2:39 PM
Socal Armament's Avatar
Socal Armament Socal Armament is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Riverside
Posts: 384
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1989 View Post
Well you've failed. If you assemble the mag out of state, or worse, take out the block when you're out of state, you're making the mag in your hand a high-cap mag. When you take it apart, or put the block in, it's still a high cap mag. You can't import it back into ca, and you can't use it in a BB rifle. There has been opinions issues that says once a high-cap, always a high cap. The confusing part is that when you re-block it, it would be a high cap mag that only holds 10 rounds.

Is it stupid? Yes.

eta: looks like Diesel beat me to it.

ok, so basically youre saying if its not permenantly sealed for 10 rounds, it can be considered a high cap even if its blocked to 10 rounds?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-09-2011, 2:41 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX View Post
@dieselpower ok, I kinda get your point, even though there is no difference between a "rebuild kit" and a "high cap mag broken into parts" they can get you on intent? because you referred to it as a complete magazine and not a rebuild kit?

anyways to the OP I would permanently seal the floor plate just to be sure. you might think its a legal 10 round mag, but at the end of the day it only matters what the liberal judge who is trying you thinks.

P.S. dieselpower, I've read through the high cap mag thread here on calguns and other places, and the general consensus seems to be that its very very unlikely to get prosecuted for simply possessing one.
yup. what you do is either legal or illegal. very few of our laws say "if you can you are guilty of...." what they say is, "if you DO, you are guilty of..."

By admitting you do, or did, or plan on doing, you are helping the DA make a case against you. Always play by the rules. A rebuild kit is exactly what it is... a rebuild kit. You are allowed to build a 10rd magazine from any thing...even an old rocking chair can be filed down to hold ammo...as long as it is only holding 10rds or less.

If your intent is to glue soda cans into a 30rd magazine...what are you doing...? Manufacturing. You don't need a finished product to be guilty.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-09-2011, 2:59 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
I, & "we" pick peoples post apart because they post illegal activities. People still pick my post apart. They think the same thing of what I say.

The whole read between the lines crap isnt working. It makes you look like an idiot or a criminal...choose one. If you are not comfortable telling the entire world what you are doing...maybe you shouldnt be doing it. Those things are what cost a person their firearm rights...FOREVER. Its a child's mindset. Its shows a lack of maturity one must have to be trusted with firearms. The people looking to strip us all of our gun rights use your "read between the lines" logic as a reason we can not be trusted. "Because he can break the law, it must be against the law"....this is their motto. You further their cause by showing yourself to be exactly what they think...A person who breaks the law at any chance they get and "pretends" he doesn't.

The OP didn't realize he did something wrong. Several of us SLAMMED him for it. This is how people learn...they are told not to do X and then why X is bad.
uhm im not the one who started this thread and thats exactly what i was saying.

wether it is said or isnt said, people arent stupid. i didnt start this thread and feel it should have never been started.

youve said more than i ever did. your picking apart is what brought it to light. AND the start of this thread. when did i ever state i would condone breaking the law?

are you a tense one? just relax

Last edited by blazeaglory; 05-09-2011 at 3:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:04 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
uhm im not the one who started this thread and thats exactly what i was saying.
LOL...yeah.. you came at me in post 15. I was just defending my actions.

I don't have an issue with you personally after the part were you accused me and other of picking apart peoples post (peter piper picked a peck of pickle pepers...lol)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:11 PM
SixPointEight's Avatar
SixPointEight SixPointEight is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 3,534
iTrader: 29 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX View Post
ok, so basically youre saying if its not permenantly sealed for 10 rounds, it can be considered a high cap even if its blocked to 10 rounds?
If I had mag parts, went to nevada, used it as a high cap mag, then took it back apart, it is still a high-cap mag. If I then insert a mag block, even if I epoxy it, it's still a high-cap mag. Now...would they be able to prove I did it?

Don't talk to cops. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:11 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

thats better..lol

personally, i come from an era when high cap mags roamed free over the plains and a chinese 30 rnd mag cost $4....mags as far as the eye can see
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:17 PM
Socal Armament's Avatar
Socal Armament Socal Armament is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Riverside
Posts: 384
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1989 View Post
If I had mag parts, went to nevada, used it as a high cap mag, then took it back apart, it is still a high-cap mag. If I then insert a mag block, even if I epoxy it, it's still a high-cap mag. Now...would they be able to prove I did it?

Don't talk to cops. Problem solved.
agreed
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:20 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

i think i misread the original post.

the new 10/30 mags are factory sealed anyways and state not even hercules can open them. am i correct?

anyways i think im in over my head. im gonna bow out
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:22 PM
blazeaglory's Avatar
blazeaglory blazeaglory is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,313
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
You need to get it into your head a large capacity magazine..DEFINDED by your statements to LEO as a LARGE capacity magazine...EVEN in parts, is illegal to transport or manufacture after 1/1/2000.

BP- Good morning sir, are you transporting any fruits or firearms in the car?
You- No fruits, I have some firearms.
BP- Whats in this box?
You- Magazine parts.
BP- Parts?
You- Yes I disassemble my large capacity magazine while inside CA and assemble it to use in AZ.
BP- So when did you get this?
You- Oh that one I just bought in AZ.
BP- Please place your hands on your head.....

You are admitting its a large capacity magazine and you are transporting it across the boarder in parts. I myself [at one time] thought the law allowed large capacity magazines, purchased after 1/1/2000, to be held in parts form inside CA. It doesn't. The law is silent on parts, but very clear on transportation.

I agree a DA, outside of a border jurisdiction, is going to have a hard time filing charges. In that case all he would need is you saying something like, "i ordered the magazine in parts form." Now shipping to your house his transportation of a large capacity magazine into CA. The DA doesn't need to prove you are manufacturing or selling to prove you are transporting.... those are THREE separate things in one law.

Its the same as saying you can not be charged with offering for sale if you sell it in parts form..you can.
You- 1 large capacity magazine broken down into parts, $20. = ILLEGAL
You- 1 magazine rebuild kit, 30rd long body, all parts, $20 = LEGAL

The way you describe something determines what you are doing or what you did.
disassembled its a tin can next to a spring. i would NEVER assemble it.

now how is that illegal?

now im out.

cya
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:30 PM
CK_32's Avatar
CK_32 CK_32 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County
Posts: 14,284
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

And now we wait for the 10 posts from new guys asking about high cap and magazines laws because of this thread haha never seems to fail.
__________________
For Sale: 40 S&W Bullet Case Valve Stem Caps

What's Your Caliber??


My Youtube channel
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-09-2011, 3:31 PM
dieselpower's Avatar
dieselpower dieselpower is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 10,386
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT1989 View Post
If I had mag parts, went to nevada, used it as a high cap mag, then took it back apart, it is still a high-cap mag. Only if you say it is, or if you are continuing to use it that way. If I then insert a mag block, even if I epoxy it, it's still a high-cap mag. No. the second it has its capacity limited to 10 or less its NOT a large capacity magazine with or without a sealed floorplate Now...would they be able to prove I did it? You would need to tell them what you did.

Don't talk to cops. Problem solved.
search youtube for that exact statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeaglory View Post
i think i misread the original post.

the new 10/30 mags are factory sealed anyways and state not even hercules can open them. am i correct?

anyways i think im in over my head. im gonna bow out
No many places are just riveting the spine of newly imported PMAGs Some places are just installing limiting blocks with no sealant on the baseplates.

The logic and common sense argument many of us here are pushing is making its way into the market place.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:53 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.