Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearm Parts & Accessories Sales For the Private sale of Firearms related accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 4:41 PM

Default Ps3!

I have a PS3 60 gig with extra controller and game not yet opened. but i am debating wheather i should keep it or not...but if you guys have any trades that could pursuade me to do otherwise i'd like to entertain the idea. anything firearm related, perhaps pistols or AR parts, no joke.

Last edited by nosewitdot; 11-19-2006 at 4:49 PM..
Old 11-19-2006, 5:01 PM

Put it on eBay, sell it for 2 grand, buy 3 more, repeat

I would definetely not open it, sell it instead. You'll have enough cash to buy one more and a couple more guns as well.

Kimber Tactical Custom II
Browning Semi-Auto .22 Rifle
Benelli Supernova
Old 11-19-2006, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatKatMatt
Put it on eBay, sell it for 2 grand, buy 3 more, repeat

I would definetely not open it, sell it instead. You'll have enough cash to buy one more and a couple more guns as well.
What he said. ^^^^

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Old 11-19-2006, 5:05 PM

i'd rather not saturate an already saturated market for ps3's on ebay....plus...ebay won't let me buy guns But I got a Wii today, so it's keeping my PS3 urges at bay....for now....

Last edited by nosewitdot; 11-19-2006 at 5:08 PM..
Old 11-20-2006, 12:39 AM

You're better off on eBay... but I'll give it a try.

Interested in a Sig 220ST? or a CMMG upper+1k ammo.
Old 11-20-2006, 6:05 AM

You can't sell them on ebay...

Sell it on Craigslist, my buddy sold his for $2700....

Wait for the next batch to come out before the hype is over!

Old 11-20-2006, 6:08 AM
Veteran Member

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves taking advantage of people cuz of lack of supply and tons of demand.

Just as bad as dope dealers or coyotes (human smugglers)

I understand capitalism and all that, but raping your fellow man for a video game is un called for.

I'd prolly go find some family thats lower income and offer to sell it to them for actual retail price paid, and make some poor kids X-mas cuz he's got the only PS-3 in town.

But Im a humanitarian like that too. And no Im not a hippie, nor do I hug trees.

J
Old 11-20-2006, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosewitdot
I have a PS3 60 gig with extra controller and game not yet opened. but i am debating wheather i should keep it or not...but if you guys have any trades that could pursuade me to do otherwise i'd like to entertain the idea. anything firearm related, perhaps pistols or AR parts, no joke.
All I've got to add is this..... It's just my .02 so however you want to take it.

Don't try to rip someone on the board for way more than it's worth. You know how much you paid for it and we all know what the store price is/was. Trying to turn a profit off selling or trading it here could earn you a bad name with folks.

Remember, we're trying to make this a community for California firearms enthusiasts to help one another out.

If you looking to turn a quick profit, I'd say sell it somewhere else like eBay or Craig'sList (as has already been suggested).
Old 11-20-2006, 9:20 AM

i'm not trying to rip someone off on the board. like i said, id much rather keep the system for myself. if i wanted to turn a profit i could of done ebay easy, but i'd rather not. like i said i was trying to entertain offers. but feel free to delete this post if the moderators find this post offensive. sorry guys. I'll just keep it

Last edited by nosewitdot; 11-20-2006 at 9:29 AM..
Old 11-20-2006, 9:54 AM

I say GET THAT MONEY, and don't be ashamed. Nothing wrong with a little capitalism. They're going on Ebay for $1400 last night, Id say you're a fool if you sell it for less.

BTW, what "lower income family" can afford $600 for a video game system anyways? That statement was retarded.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:07 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

How much will you sell it outright for?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan HBC
BTW, what "lower income family" can afford $600 for a video game system anyways? That statement was retarded.
I could if that was what my kid wanted, I'd get him just that and that would be his entire X-mas in one present.

Just cuz you're a lower-income family doesn't mean your parents didn't save all year to get something for you for X-mas.

I came from a welfare/foodstamp family and I always had a good X-mas cuz my parents would scrimp and save all year.

One year I got a dirt bike (prolly $1500 at the time) My mom told me she had to work double shifts for 3 months to pay for my bike.....

But yah, capitalism is legal and this is a free country so I suppose if you can sleep at night knowing you raped a fellow human on a video game box...go for it!

JP
Old 11-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPglee1
But yah, capitalism is legal and this is a free country so I suppose if you can sleep at night knowing you raped a fellow human on a video game box...go for it!
JP
I would have done it if I was able to buy one the first day. Then again, I wouldn't really call it rape. Just remember the demand side of that equation. Its the people that are willing to pay top dollar that is driving the prices up, not the guys selling it.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:07 AM

If some computer geek wants a PS3 now, don't deprive him of it. If someone wants to spend that much money for an overpriced POS, let him, there's nothing wrong with a little capitalism if the person is willing to spend. Supply and demand. Man, do I love America!

Kimber Tactical Custom II
Browning Semi-Auto .22 Rifle
Benelli Supernova
Old 11-20-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPglee1
You guys should be ashamed of yourselves taking advantage of people cuz of lack of supply and tons of demand.

Just as bad as dope dealers or coyotes (human smugglers)

I understand capitalism and all that, but raping your fellow man for a video game is un called for.

I'd prolly go find some family thats lower income and offer to sell it to them for actual retail price paid, and make some poor kids X-mas cuz he's got the only PS-3 in town.

But Im a humanitarian like that too. And no Im not a hippie, nor do I hug trees.

J
Lowm income families have no business playing video games. That is the reason they never get anywhere in life. Instead of screwing around in fantasy land, they need to go and get an education or training for a better job.

Video games are fun, i do play them every so often but unless you moderate your time, they are a HUGE time suck.
Old 11-20-2006, 1:44 PM
Veteran Member

I agree. If someone can afford to give you a few grand for it, why not? Telling him to sell it for what it's worth is like telling gun guys to sell their non safe-list guns for what they're worth like the Colt Python for example.
Old 11-20-2006, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWhite
Lowm income families have no business playing video games. That is the reason they never get anywhere in life. Instead of screwing around in fantasy land, they need to go and get an education or training for a better job.

Video games are fun, i do play them every so often but unless you moderate your time, they are a HUGE time suck.
You mean...like internet forums?
Old 11-20-2006, 2:26 PM
Super Moderator

Low-income families have no business with a PS3.

All they're going to do is get ahold of the thing and then feel horrible that they got their kid the system, but they can't afford any of the games for it. Furthermote, the first batch of ANY console is far more likely to have hardware problems and need replacements. What low-income family is going to be able to afford to keep their early-adopter system going?

On the other hand, low-income families can do great with a PS2, especially since the used games have plummetted in price. Heck, I'm not low-income but I'm not about to pony up for a PS3 and THEN spend all the money needed to get a few games for it.

I'm a PS2 gamer until such time as the PS3 is readily available.

That having been said - if you wanna sell it, sell it - the price is what the market will bear. If some guy wants a PS3 so much that he's willing to pay the premium, even KNOWING they're gonna be much cheaper soon - I say let him. He clearly wants it more.
Old 11-20-2006, 3:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1371
All I've got to add is this..... It's just my .02 so however you want to take it.

Don't try to rip someone on the board for way more than it's worth. You know how much you paid for it and we all know what the store price is/was. Trying to turn a profit off selling or trading it here could earn you a bad name with folks.

Remember, we're trying to make this a community for California firearms enthusiasts to help one another out.

If you looking to turn a quick profit, I'd say sell it somewhere else like eBay or Craig'sList (as has already been suggested).
Take it easy. He (or she) said he wants to trade his system for some firearms related items. He did NOT say he wants to trade it for items equating to 5 times the retail value of the system. It was others who suggested the idea of selling the system through other venues to make a profit. Take your own advice and "make this a community for California firearms enthusiasts to help one another out" by not assuming the worst in your fellow enthusiasts.

I may be be wrong and he COULD possibly want to trade for items vastly exceeding the retail value of his system, but he has made no indication of this I i'm certainly not going to accuse him of it.
Old 11-21-2006, 5:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard
Take it easy. He (or she) said he wants to trade his system for some firearms related items. He did NOT say he wants to trade it for items equating to 5 times the retail value of the system. It was others who suggested the idea of selling the system through other venues to make a profit. Take your own advice and "make this a community for California firearms enthusiasts to help one another out" by not assuming the worst in your fellow enthusiasts.

I may be be wrong and he COULD possibly want to trade for items vastly exceeding the retail value of his system, but he has made no indication of this I i'm certainly not going to accuse him of it.
I am "taking it easy" as you suggested.

Maybe you missed this part: It's just my .02 so however you want to take it.

My .02 was meant to help him out just as much as to possibly try to help anyone else. Think of it as a gentle suggestion from one CalGunner to another. We're all in the same house here and no one wants to be viewed as taking advantage of someone else under the same roof.

Funny..... I'd bet that if I had "Moderator" under my screen name instead of "Member" you probably would have never posted what you did, much less tried to imply some sort of sanctimoniousness on my part by telling me to take my own advice.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments, but there shouldn't be a problem with any of us attempting to police our own and trying to help keep things in line here on the board
Old 11-21-2006, 6:00 AM

Hey i grew up pretty poor, almost homeless a few times when i was little. If you can hustle the system for $1500 then do it as that seems like a fair price as you did spend a lot of time and energy to get it. Money is money and if someone wants to be a moron and buy it then thats on them.

I say turn it and buy another one in feb
Old 11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Thank God I still have and use my Mattel Intelivision game.... who needs all that high dollar cr*p now-a-days anyway..........

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220
Old 11-21-2006, 11:44 AM

Well this has turned into a discussion thread so I'm putting the lock on it.

nosewitdot - You can post your PS3 on the marketplace again but you need to indicate a selling price or trade value.

Others - Please go to this thread to rant more about the PS3 = http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&highlight=ps3