Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 11-16-2006, 6:28 PM
Veteran Member

Default My order from Miwall came in....AND I'M NOT HAPPY!!

I ordered 500 9mm and 500 40S&W. Both showed in only 2 days with ground shipping and I like the 7.62 ammo cans they came in too. I counted both cans and there are indeed 500 in each can.

Now, to why I am not happy. 1 in every 4 rounds of the 9mm are buldged and because of this they lock up my glock 17 while hand cycling. They lock up the slide so bad that not even my full weight on the pistol while push on the edge of a table unlocked it. I had to use a wooden block and a hammer . Everyone knows glock chambers are very loose so the fact that they jam in it shows that they are WAY out of spec. I'm pissed! This ammo is not even good enough for range shooting. Does anyone know if they will take the rounds back?

I tested the 40S&W and they seem to be just fine, infact they look very nice and factory new. Has anyone else had problems with their 9mm ammo or any ammo for them?
Old 11-16-2006, 6:30 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I got some 45ACP from Miwall with the bullets seated at a funny angle. My CZ-97 will accept 'em, but the Para P-14 Match just flat-out refuses them. Until that batch of ammo is gone, I'm not taking my Para to the range. I'm kinda twitching from Para withdrawals...
Old 11-16-2006, 6:39 PM
Banned

Why do you guys buy this crap ? I mean if its just plinkin ammo thats one thing but dont use it in your homeland defense weapon.
Old 11-16-2006, 6:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAutoSam
Why do you guys buy this crap ? I mean if its just plinkin ammo thats one thing but dont use it in your homeland defense weapon.
You've just summed up the totality of the reason I buy it.

Although, my plinking ammo will be self-made soon. Got the dies and such, just waiting up to pick up some powder from Dustin at Ammobros in a week and a half.
Old 11-16-2006, 6:42 PM

Wow, won't feed in a Glock chamber? That's bad.

Never had a single failure in about a thousand through my Beretta. Guess I got lucky with the two lots I've bought from.
Old 11-16-2006, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

Well i just drop tested each round into the barrel and 20 out of every 50 will not fit in the barrel. I'm calling them tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2006, 6:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Ammo too big for a Glock chamber is amazing. Usually it's like throwing a bowling ball down a hallway.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 11-16-2006, 7:19 PM
Internet Dictator

hmm, and i got 500 rounds of the .40 comin'...

if your complaints get settled, make sure to post it. if i happen to get a bad batch, i wanna know if i'm completely screwed or not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKM View Post
Show me on this 1st Amendment bobble-head doll where the mods touched you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click Boom View Post
It is clear from this thread that citadel grad was the gunman, and Oswald his patsy.
Old 11-16-2006, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

The score is in.....183 rounds out of the 500 will not chamber in my glock barrel
Old 11-16-2006, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold
Ammo too big for a Glock chamber is amazing. Usually it's like throwing a bowling ball down a hallway.
Shouldn't it be "hot dog?"
Old 11-16-2006, 7:35 PM

Do you guys usually count the number of rounds in the loose packed cans?
Old 11-16-2006, 7:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
Do you guys usually count the number of rounds in the loose packed cans?
I normally don't but this was the first time I every ordered a large batch from Miwall via online. I have bought rifle rounds form them at gun shows in small packs
Old 11-16-2006, 8:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark
Shouldn't it be "hot dog?"

Hey, I was trying to be subtle.

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF
Old 11-16-2006, 9:07 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I've had problems with Miwall-distributed 7.62x25mm - it looks like it's "reconditioned" because the headstamps vary wildly. The only problem was a few hard primers, though... But, considering the old surplus Romanian hasn't given me that problem, I don't think I'll be ordering any more.

"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gifNRA Member
Old 11-16-2006, 9:12 PM
Veteran Member

If you want blasting ammo and you want to get it from them, I can't reccomend the Blazer 115's high enough. They were cheaper than the Miwall reloaded stuff by $10 or $15 a k and every round I loaded into a G34 fired without a hitch. Though if you want it for the brass, then you are out of luck, however if I was going to load my ammo I would just buy a few K online, It's cheap enough once fired. I suspect they'll make it right, all my dealings with Miwall (outdoor marksmen's mart actually) has been quick and efficient.

Vince
Old 11-16-2006, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjold
Usually it's like throwing a bowling ball down a hallway.
Or throwing a Tic Tac in a whales mouth.

That sucks with the ammo. Keeps us posted.
Old 11-16-2006, 9:28 PM

I've had good luck with their stuff other than being a bit low powered and somewhat dirty. I'd give them a call and give them a chance to make good on it. Please post their response here as I'm sure a lot of folks are interested.
Old 11-16-2006, 9:28 PM
Veteran Member

I wrote them an e-mail requesting either a refund for the 183 rounds ($24 and change) or 183 rounds of 40S&W. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 11-17-2006, 6:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAutoSam

For the same reason you post I suppose.
People like a cheap thrill.

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-17-2006, 7:27 AM
Internet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargenv
If you want blasting ammo and you want to get it from them, I can't reccomend the Blazer 115's high enough. They were cheaper than the Miwall reloaded stuff by $10 or $15 a k and every round I loaded into a G34 fired without a hitch. Though if you want it for the brass, then you are out of luck, however if I was going to load my ammo I would just buy a few K online, It's cheap enough once fired. I suspect they'll make it right, all my dealings with Miwall (outdoor marksmen's mart actually) has been quick and efficient.

Vince
i got nothing against blazer. i'll probably buy some blazer 9mm once i burn through all the silver bear i have (or get more silver bear. the only problem with the silver bear is a lot of indoor ranges won't let me shoot it). I have blazer brass for my .45 (it was the same price as the aluminum cased).

but i can't use aluminum cased .40, my ruger PC4's manual SPECIFICALLY says that aluminum cased ammo might kB...
Quote:
Quote:
It is clear from this thread that citadel grad was the gunman, and Oswald his patsy.
Old 11-17-2006, 9:41 AM
Veteran Member

I should have bought the Blazer. Thats what I get for trying to save a buck. Although, the Miwall 40S&W is flawless.

it looks as thought the 9mm brass was never fully resized, like they only went down on the brass with the dies half way.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:01 AM

I've fired at leaset 5000 rounds of 9mm(Glock 17), 1000 of .40(HK USP), 500 of .223 all Miwall reloads.

I've only had one problem ever, where a primer from a 223 blew out. Their once reloaded ammo is usually built really well. I'm pretty sure they'll refund you something.

And yes I have counted ammo before, but I used a scale instead of counting each individual round.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator

Wow, you should get all 500 replaced so they can check them out. I wonder how many would actually pass the test of an actual gauge, probably quite a bit fewer.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:04 AM

I've considered picking up some Miwall in the past but not anymore.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I don't like reloaded ammo, and I don't like reloading... I don't trust myself that much

I'd rather pay $16 for 100rds cheap factory brass cased instead of $12 for 100rds reloaded.
The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"
Old 11-17-2006, 1:59 PM
Veteran Member

Thumbs up

Just got off the phone with Outdoor marksman and they said they would take back either all the 9mm rounds or just the bad ones and give me my money back. They are even paying to have the rounds shipped back to them. The guy on the phone was very nice and fully understood the problem and made things right without me even asking for a solution.

Outdoor Marksman gets two big thumbs up from me and more of my business

MiWall, on the other had has burned the 9mm bridge for me
Old 11-17-2006, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu-bye
Just got off the phone with Outdoor marksman and they said they would take back either all the 9mm rounds or just the bad ones and give me my money back. They are even paying to have the rounds shipped back to them. The guy on the phone was very nice and fully understood the problem and made things right without me even asking for a solution.

Outdoor Marksman gets two big thumbs up from me and more of my business

MiWall, on the other had has burned the 9mm bridge for me
Give them another chance. They could have just had a bad batch. Of course if a few months from now you get the same situation, than you should worry. Now I'm gonna go home and check my 9mm stash.
Old 11-17-2006, 2:10 PM
Internet Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryCoolCat
I don't like reloaded ammo, and I don't like reloading... I don't trust myself that much

I'd rather pay $16 for 100rds cheap factory brass cased instead of $12 for 100rds reloaded.
true, but what about $16 per 100rds for factory new vs $5 for 100 rds of reloaded?

when you order 1000 rounds at a time, that's $110 difference...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-17-2006, 2:22 PM

i've got 1k 9mm, 40sw, and 45acp, each. the 9mm and 45acp are new, 40sw are reloads. all function perfectly in my sigs and hks. maybe you just got a bad batch?
Old 11-17-2006, 3:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefcrash
true, but what about $16 per 100rds for factory new vs $5 for 100 rds of reloaded?

when you order 1000 rounds at a time, that's $110 difference...

Actually its a $500 once you get a kaboom
The volume of blood necessary to achieve erection would cause you to either pass out or if you didn't and managed to maintain an erection you would likely die from lack of oxygen to the heart and brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
Just be glad you are not his next door neighbor. I am sure there are "good tunes" flowing out the window. I am imagining a cop car pulling up at 1:30 AM asking "Are you having a party?" and Bundo sayin "Nope just me and the BG's"
Old 11-18-2006, 12:01 PM

I once purchased 500 rounds of their reloaded .380's. They plastic ammo can was nice, the bullets were nice, shiny and no buldges.

Just that I had feeding issue with the Interarms PPK I bought it for. This was strictly for plinking purposes only.

The bright side is I can reuse the brass and make better reloads with them.

I have no issues from buying non-reloaded ammo from them. I just won't buy reloaded MiWall ammo.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 11-18-2006, 4:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I found 6 rounds of the Miwall Tokarev in my ammo, so I shot 'em this morning at the range. Out of those 6, TWO needed re-strikes to fire. I've shot over 200 rounds of Romanian surplus so far, needed zero re-strikes. I've shot nearly 100 rounds of Wolf gold HP, no re-strikes.

"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gifNRA Member
Old 11-18-2006, 6:20 PM
Veteran Member

BLAH!

Just fired off 50 9mm rounds today and i could not group better the 4 inches @ 10 yards with the crap. I'm going to replace the 50 i shot and send them all back. I'm finished with Miwall.
Old 11-27-2006, 4:58 PM
Administrator

Folks,

Just a comment about Glock 9mm chambers and reloads. I found out through experience that Glocks chambered in 9mm tend to have tighter chambers than other guns - therefore they are less forgiving in chambering reloads. Someone mentioned using a Beretta and reloads without any problems. Well, I can also state from experience that Berettas do not have chambers as tight as Glocks. Therefore, you can chamber a wider tolerance range of cases in a Beretta than you can in a 9mm Glock.

While I can understand that your experience with Miwall is disappointing, and I'd be a little frustrated too, in my opinion what you are experiencing is nothing unusual. In my own reloads, I have found that maybe 10% to 20% will not chamber reliably in my Glock 19 - therefore I set these loads aside for use in other guns that aren't as picky on reloads. Usually these cases are ever so slightly bulged so as to not allow for smooth chambering. You can "force" it but why you'd want to unless it were an emergency, I don't know.

Just my observation and opinion. I'd give Miwall another chance, because variances in the brass for reloads are expected (in my opinion) as of course brass expands each time you shoot the round, and you can't control which guns the brass goes through if you buy once fired brass in bulk.

Turby
Old 11-27-2006, 5:01 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator

So Turby,

On your cases that are bulged, do you think it is because they have a slight glock guppy belly? Or are they bulged for whatever other random reason?
Old 11-27-2006, 5:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo
So Turby,

On your cases that are bulged, do you think it is because they have a slight glock guppy belly? Or are they bulged for whatever other random reason?
It's because I own more than 1 gun in 9mm, and some of the other guns have sloppy chambers.

The Glock 19 cases are fine - the case is fully supported and they do not bulge.

I had a Taurus PT99AF barrel that was not fully supported. Those cases bulged excessively, so much so that I got rid of that barrel and replaced it with a Beretta 92FS barrel (it dropped right in). I still have some cases left over that were fired in that gun / barrel combo, those reloaded and resized cases will not chamber in my Glock 19.

My Dillon SDB dies do not do a full case resize - the resizing stops around the beginning of the web. Therefore, if the web area is the bulged area, resizing won't help.

The end result is that any cases shot through a sloppier chamber or one with looser tolerances, once reloaded, generally don't chamber well or at all in my Glock 19.

Any cases shot through the Glock 19 can be reloaded successfully and shot again in the Glock 19 or any other 9x19mm gun, for that matter.

Turby
Old 11-27-2006, 7:39 PM
Senioritis

I have had one problem with Miwall "new" loaded ammo... about 5 years ago I bought one of those gun show special ammo cans full of 44 mag.

Well 50 rounds into the lot my 629 was locked up with massive lead fowling, when the range looked at the brass there were burns on one side of the wall. So I gave the rest of the ammo to my friend that reloads so he could pull them for the brass, the powder charges were all over the scale. I had to have my 629 professionally cleaned and my buddy got some free brass - never again with Miwall branded ammo. I will buy from them but only known brands, heck I would take golden tiger over that stuff... BTW, AIM just got in 7.62x39

-toolman9000

ps- I know my post count is low from the old changes but I have been here for a while... so this is post 71 or so.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:33 AM

I just bought my first batch of reloaded Miwall .45; 484 "good" (externally), 14 with kinda-tight to really-tight fit or slightly-elongated, and 1 with some sort of grease on it (which I wiped off and counted as "good") in my SA Loaded Operator. - 2 missing or miss-counted; whatever the case, they sure don't give you any extra! You'd think theyd give you at least ~3% extra for the amount that isn't resized correctly/accurately or under-counted!

Last edited by 10K2HVN; 11-28-2006 at 12:42 AM..
Old 11-28-2006, 7:55 AM
Internet Dictator

i got 500 of the .40 S&W. took 100 to the range yesterday, not one problem through my PC4
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2008, 6:00 PM

Adding on...

Just a heads-up for you guys who may have bought factory reloaded 9mm ammunition from Miwall.

I was on rangemaster duty last night and another club member was shooting a Springfield XD9 and I saw him freeze and lock up. Walked over and he had his pistol pointing downrange and I asked him what's up. He had a squib load and was waiting to make sure the powder cooked off. Took the gun apart and sure enough there was a bullet lodged about 1" into the barrel. We hammered it out with a nail, go back to shooting, and then I saw him lock up again. Yup, another one. Also about 1" in the barrel.

What's scary is he didn't have just two squib loads. He had a total of 6 out of 80 (+/-) rounds that we (slowly) fired that night.

I should add that I'm no ballistics/reloading/gunsmithing expert and I don't know what the exact cause of the problem is (just guesses). Nor am I saying that all of Miwall's 9mm reloads are bad.

Last edited by ScorpioVI; 04-24-2008 at 6:08 PM..