Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Default UT CCW class under $100?

Is there anyone in Northern California who does a UT CCW class for under $100? I keep seeing all these great UT CCW classes for under $75 and such, but all in SoCal. What gives?
Old 04-15-2011, 9:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This class normally runs about $150.00. Many Instructors in SoCal offer Discounts for CalGunners bringing the price down to $100.00. Remember that you may just "get what you pay for" when it comes to training that could save your life or the life of a loved one! I only train with highly experienced and qualified Instructors (e.g. Scotty Reitz, Jack Breckenridge, Bill Skiles, Bill Go, etc.).

I know the "PERMIT" Classes are mostly a classroom formality, but do you really want a Part-Time "Newby" Firearms Instructor that has been teaching this for 6 months or even just a couple of years? A "Bad" opinion or recommendation could get you killed, in prison, or just sued for everything you own...something to ponder when seeking any type of professional training? Do you really want the lowest price for that eye surgery, SCUBA lessons, parachuting, or anything that could result in Great Bodily Injury or Death?

One other option is to contact a local qualified Instructor in NorCal (such as Jim Amentler of Alpha Safety Training - If you put a class together, or help promote the class locally, he might be inclined to offer you a discount. I frequently offer discounts if you bring a friend, spouse, or group of buddies. Can't hurt to ask...but while you are at it, ask how long they have been a Firearms Instructor, and who they trained with!

My 2 cents,
William "Bill" Desy, CFE
NRA Training Counselor
State Certified Instructor
Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Law Enforcement Instructor
"like us" on Facebook for class discounts

Last edited by CCWUSA; 04-19-2011 at 10:24 PM..