Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Pepper spray paintballs...

Ok so Im a paintballer and a gun owner and thought of a great idea to keep my home safe and be a kind human and if the time ever came to pepper an intruder if he ever came in... Thing is I saw on another thread on here that it's illegal to own a pepper spray or "tear gas" like projective by civilians...

Anyways... I also read there is another powder form that is not a "tear gas" type agent and is all natural... What is that can I get it and does it still close the throat and eyes like a pepper spray?

So please school me and help me out on this.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel

Last edited by CHS; 04-12-2011 at 9:30 AM.. Reason: Keep the language civil.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Ps they have to be a regular paintball/size to use in a normal paintball gun.

.683 or around that I believe.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Calguns Addict

get hardshelled paintball, buy a syringe (small needle preferred) and just extract the paint from the balls, and refill with your own homemade chili spray. i think you can buy those capsicum extract online and just mix it with a bit of water.

Or just get dried chili peppers, grind them down to fine powder and try to fill the empty paintballs back up. will probably need a thicker needle to get powder in though.

and to patch the needle hole, just a small dab of super glue and let it dry. although just a warning, paintballs sometimes do burst in the barrel so you may get affected when shooting. hence why those pepperball guys make a special extra thick shell.
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want no matter the topic at hand!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
get hardshelled paintball, buy a syringe (small needle preferred) and just extract the paint from the balls, and refill with your own homemade chili spray. i think you can buy those capsicum extract online and just mix it with a bit of water.

Or just get dried chili peppers, grind them down to fine powder and try to fill the empty paintballs back up. will probably need a thicker needle to get powder in though.

and to patch the needle hole, just a small dab of super glue and let it dry. although just a warning, paintballs sometimes do burst in the barrel so you may get affected when shooting. hence why those pepperball guys make a special extra thick shell.
How much do you want to bet the state would call that "homemade tear gas"?

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 04-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

Let's say the peep eats a ton of spicy food and the pepper balls are ineffective, then what? Or what if the perp is allergic to peppers and he dies from anaphylactic shock?
If I'm drawing on a person in my house, I will use the most effective means to end the situation I have available to me.
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Veteran Member

actually RAP4 sells kits to allow you to make your own paintballs filled with whatever you want. They are kind of expensive... I have used them filled with dust and sparkly stuff when making fun home movies to simulate exploding walls and stuff for gunshots

you don't rise to the occasion,
you just fall back on your level of training.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:28 AM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

So what law bans us from just buying from PepperBall on their website?

Oh I see

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/12403.7.html

Just vote Yes please, not asking for money.

Last edited by stix213; 04-12-2011 at 12:45 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Veteran Member

Would you rather shoot them with "pepper balls" and chance that it does not work effectively enough? or would you rather take them out of the fight for good?

Because most likely.... If they break into your home and you are home... They are probably out for more than just your property.
Old 04-12-2011, 6:58 AM

You're just opening them up to sue for hurting them.

Make sure they're out for good if they're breaking into your house to do God only knows what. I hate to say it, and I hope to God I am never forced to make this choice, but dead men dont talk (or sue).
Old 04-12-2011, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin1 View Post
You're just opening them up to sue for hurting them.

Make sure they're out for good if they're breaking into your house to do God only knows what. I hate to say it, and I hope to God I am never forced to make this choice, but dead men dont talk (or sue).
The families do though. Every bullet has a lawyer attached.
Old 04-12-2011, 7:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
I'm pretty sure if you put water inside of a paintball it will make the shell dissolve. I think you would need another solvent that is non-polar.
Old 04-12-2011, 7:57 AM
Calguns Addict

I thought about doing this(except with cyanide) for shooting rats out at my buddies farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 04-12-2011, 8:17 AM

You have to imagine the motivation of a home invasion perpetrator. If they're breaking in when they know you're supposed to be home, they're probably armed. Do you think they'll hesitate to try and shoot you when you start shooting them with pepper balls?

Ever heard the phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun fight"?

Use a gun. If you're still feeling charitable when the perp is in your living room, just don't pull the trigger.

Last edited by killmime1234; 04-12-2011 at 8:22 AM.. Reason: hahaha. Had the phrase backwards.
Old 04-12-2011, 8:48 AM

You could always load the first round of a 12 gauge with a Rock Salt round...but i'm pretty sure the law looks no different at that than as if you fired buckshot. AND, now your first round is combat ineffective..if you need that first round to drop him, now you have to cycle to the second round. Not Recommended and generally a stupid idea, but available if one wanted a "scare" round to be the first combat round. Legal Eagles, Non-Buckshot/Birdshot rounds still considered lethal force if used in a HD roll? Beanbag/some weird round?

IMHO, Load Buck in a pump or 45acp in a 1911 (or other suitable 45acp handgun).

Last edited by Caladain; 04-12-2011 at 8:51 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 8:57 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks for all the help guys.. I just still can not believe the law is more to kill him than letting you put the man down... I just don't get that because when you kill the guy your going to court for years on end trying to explain your self for it...

And I would have my glock in hand and would only use the paintball guns as a nice warning if he was at distance and not charging or aggressive...

But if he was close enough and was aggressive I wouldn't hesitate him or me... It's going to happen.

What's Your Caliber??

My Youtube channel
Old 04-12-2011, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_32 View Post
Thanks for all the help guys.. I just still can not believe the law is more to kill him than letting you put the man down... I just don't get that because when you kill the guy your going to court for years on end trying to explain your self for it...

And I would have my glock in hand and would only use the paintball guns as a nice warning if he was at distance and not charging or aggressive...

But if he was close enough and was aggressive I wouldn't hesitate him or me... It's going to happen.
If he's at a distance he's not in your house, if he's not aggressive you're committing assault.
Old 04-12-2011, 9:22 AM

You watch too many movies. Real violence is fast and brutal. If you jerk around with comicbook fantasies, you are setting yourself and your family up for loss. You need training and proper mindset. Someone who breaks into your house when it's obviously occupied is there to do you great harm or under the influence oh mind-altering chemicals.
Old 04-12-2011, 9:24 AM
Veteran Member

Be humane, make your first shot count.
"Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."
Old 04-12-2011, 9:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladain View Post
The families do though. Every bullet has a lawyer attached.
True, but not always. I like to think our legal system still has some sense of decency and honorable intention. Fortunately I live in a pretty conservative city and county. Maybe all this is just wishful thinking....