Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-02-2016, 4:17 PM
ILLzKzA ILLzKzA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 33
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default Barrel Question For USPSA Production

I wanted to know if a fluted barrel is legal to use in USPSA production division?

Last edited by ILLzKzA; 02-02-2016 at 5:36 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2016, 6:06 PM
Mazdaspeed Jon's Avatar
Mazdaspeed Jon Mazdaspeed Jon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 565
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I would venture to say no. Here is the rule for barrels in Production:

BARRELS: Current rules remain in effect - you may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun.
Special Notes/Clarifications:
For purposes of this interpretation, a barrel within +/- 0.1” of OFM is “the same length”. Barrels of the same length, contour and caliber
but with different crown profiles are authorized.

To me, a fluted barrel is not of the same contour.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2016, 6:01 AM
ILLzKzA ILLzKzA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 33
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Mazdaspeed Jon,

Thanks for the clarification, this is all new to me so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my money but at least I know I can modify the barrel with the same length and contour as you explained. I'm taking my safety class with my wife this Month in Richmond so I can compete.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2016, 9:33 AM
Mazdaspeed Jon's Avatar
Mazdaspeed Jon Mazdaspeed Jon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Reseda, CA
Posts: 565
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLzKzA View Post
Mazdaspeed Jon,

Thanks for the clarification, this is all new to me so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to waste my money but at least I know I can modify the barrel with the same length and contour as you explained. I'm taking my safety class with my wife this Month in Richmond so I can compete.
Awesome. It is an addicting sport. Don't worry about trying to mod your gun right out of the box, just get out and start shooting - spend your money on ammo and range time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:18 AM
HopetonBrown's Avatar
HopetonBrown HopetonBrown is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,309
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Why are you getting a fluted barrel?
__________________
Valtro PM5 magazine fed pump shotgun for sale

44 Mag ammo for sale

H&K P7M8 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DysfunctionalVet View Post
Reload times are irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2016, 10:52 AM
ILLzKzA ILLzKzA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 33
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Mazda Speed Jon

I just bought a 1000 rounds and pretty much excited to experience a whole different way of shooting

HopetonBrown,

There was this non fluted barrel I wanted however they didn't have it in stock but had the fluted one in stock it was a 5 dollar difference but didn't know if that was legal to use in production but I can wait till they have the non fluted one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2016, 11:03 AM
HopetonBrown's Avatar
HopetonBrown HopetonBrown is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,309
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLzKzA View Post
Mazda Speed Jon

I just bought a 1000 rounds and pretty much excited to experience a whole different way of shooting

HopetonBrown,

There was this non fluted barrel I wanted however they didn't have it in stock but had the fluted one in stock it was a 5 dollar difference but didn't know if that was legal to use in production but I can wait till they have the non fluted one.
I'm just curious why you bought an aftermarket barrel.
__________________
Valtro PM5 magazine fed pump shotgun for sale

44 Mag ammo for sale

H&K P7M8 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DysfunctionalVet View Post
Reload times are irrelevant.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2016, 11:17 AM
R01 R01 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

It is legal to use if the gun came with that barrel.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2016, 12:23 PM
rmatt's Avatar
rmatt rmatt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 838
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

I'm just guessing.... but I bet OP has a Glock and wants to shoot lead or whatever out of it.

Or, some people just like to buy stuff. I'm cool with that too.

OP-enjoy your foray into this new style of pistol competition and shooting.
__________________
Come join me in tracking your fitness and pistol drills CompeteNow
Connect with me on Facebook ReadyAimRowdy
Automatic Accuracy Master Team member

USPSA- Production Master, L-10 A
IDPA- ESP, SSP Master
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2016, 1:27 PM
ILLzKzA ILLzKzA is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 33
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmatt View Post
I'm just guessing.... but I bet OP has a Glock and wants to shoot lead or whatever out of it.

Or, some people just like to buy stuff. I'm cool with that too.

OP-enjoy your foray into this new style of pistol competition and shooting.


rmatt,


Thanks for the encouragement into the competition world of shooting, yes I have a Glock 34 and would like to shoot whatever out of it with a different barrel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:06 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.