Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

Old 03-28-2011, 1:37 PM

Thumbs up Opportunity to serve CRPA, Partner with our Military, and have FUN in SLO!!!

We're RECRUITING VOLUNTEERS to assist in manning our CRPA Booth at the California Army National Guard - California Combat Match 3 [CCM3], 7-8 April at Camp San Luis Obispo on Thursday, April 7 – from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM and Friday, April 8 – 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM
  • Check out this opportunity to help gun owners and to partner with our military!!!
  • Can you spare just 2-3 hours on Thursday or Friday of next week??? Just consider taking one 2-3 hour shift on one day or the other... We need your help and it will be fun!!!
  • Here's you chance to see your CRPA at work and meet the folks who fight for your rights!!!
  • This is an opportunity to serve both CRPA and our military and it's a benefit of CRPA membership!!!
  • Did I mention this will be FUN and we'll be in beautiful San Luis Obispo?!?!
  • Come join us.... you'll be glad you did!!!
DIRECTIONS to Camp San Luis Obispo: Either the 101 up the coast to San Luis Obispo, exit Hwy 1 toward Morro Bay then 5 miles north of town on the left. Take the 2nd cut through the center median strip into Camp SLO. Numerous hotels in San Luis Obispo.

Or up Interstate 5 to Lost Hills and the 46 West. Take the 46 to Paso Robles then south on Hwy 101. Exit California St. [1/2 mile after Monterey St.] Right at the stop sign onto California. Left at the light onto Foothill. Right on Santa Rosa [aka Hwy 1]. 5 miles to Camp SLO on the Left. Take the 2nd cut through the median strip.

You’ll need proof of insurance, license, and current registration to get in. Set up will be on Alpha Range. Check in with Range Control at building 600.

PLEASE contact John Fields at the CRPA Office (714) 992-2772 if you can give us a few hours on Thursday, April 7 or Friday, April 8.

THANKS!!!
Phone: 714-992-CRPA (2772)
Fax: 714-992-2996
www.crpa.org
www.crpafoundation.org
Old 03-29-2011, 12:44 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Calgunners who have booth experience should be pros at this since we all know you possess great people skills

Please check your calendars and lend a hand, thanks!

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, CRPA Board Member
Old 03-29-2011, 3:28 PM
Banned

Wow - this looks like fun! My folks live about an hour South of there - might have to plan another EPIC ROAD TRIP in the 63 Dart!!!!

Now that I'm involved more with CRPA, I'm really starting to be amazed at all the stuff that they/we do. . .

I just did not realize how much cool pro-gun stuff they did in California. I think folks will be seeing more of this, as we plan even more events like this moving forward. . .

Paging Calgunners - I don't want to sound like a broken record - but getting involved with CRPA is a good way to get more involved in gun stuff here in California. That's not to say that the C3 stuff is not good either (it's excellent), but this is simply another way to get involved. And it's a good way!
Old 04-02-2011, 8:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
Wow - this looks like fun! My folks live about an hour South of there - might have to plan another EPIC ROAD TRIP in the 63 Dart!!!!

Now that I'm involved more with CRPA, I'm really starting to be amazed at all the stuff that they/we do. . .

I just did not realize how much cool pro-gun stuff they did in California. I think folks will be seeing more of this, as we plan even more events like this moving forward. . .

Paging Calgunners - I don't want to sound like a broken record - but getting involved with CRPA is a good way to get more involved in gun stuff here in California. That's not to say that the C3 stuff is not good either (it's excellent), but this is simply another way to get involved. And it's a good way!
Sounds like fun, but a couple of things:

1. Probably should join CRPA before working their booth....

2. I'll do it if Oaklander is coming, would like to meet him.

3. I can do Friday morning 7am-11am.

4. Retire to SLOSA for some shooting afterwards!

Old 04-03-2011, 9:40 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
Sounds like fun, but a couple of things:

1. Probably should join CRPA before working their booth....
The more the merrier and like most things, greater force in numbers

Old 04-03-2011, 4:43 PM
Banned

Same here!

Yes, family issues on this end - I found out a couple of days ago that I *have* to work all of this week (unlike most weeks), due to a certain "day job" project. . .

I ended up having to tell Sierra that I couldn't do something with our extended family, due to this - so I'm kind of "stuck" working now!!!

Please, do attend the event - it's not far from where you are - and CRPA membership is an easy online $22 transaction (cheaper than buying a single box of certain ammo). And you do get a lot with your membership (like the ability to join us at these fun events).

What you and I can do - if you want (I do), is to maybe get together next time I'm down there. My folks live on the Central Coast area - and I'm down there a lot. I'd like to visit some of the gun ranges down there, etc. . . too!!!

I can't say enough good stuff about CRPA. I know there's been some "issues" in the past - but they are not a "bad group getting good" - what I know now (from being on the inside) is that they are actually a "good group getting excellent."

People need to remember this truth when they think about CRPA.

Quote:
2. I'll do it if Oaklander is coming, would like to meet him.

Last edited by oaklander; 04-03-2011 at 4:46 PM..
Old 04-05-2011, 9:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Same here!

Yes, family issues on this end - I found out a couple of days ago that I *have* to work all of this week (unlike most weeks), due to a certain "day job" project. . .

I ended up having to tell Sierra that I couldn't do something with our extended family, due to this - so I'm kind of "stuck" working now!!!

Please, do attend the event - it's not far from where you are - and CRPA membership is an easy online $22 transaction (cheaper than buying a single box of certain ammo). And you do get a lot with your membership (like the ability to join us at these fun events).

What you and I can do - if you want (I do), is to maybe get together next time I'm down there. My folks live on the Central Coast area - and I'm down there a lot. I'd like to visit some of the gun ranges down there, etc. . . too!!!

I can't say enough good stuff about CRPA. I know there's been some "issues" in the past - but they are not a "bad group getting good" - what I know now (from being on the inside) is that they are actually a "good group getting excellent."

People need to remember this truth when they think about CRPA.
Ok, just joined CRPA. So far Friday calender is open. Being a sole proprietor makes this difficult. Fridays are typically slow for me, especially if it is raining (not sure why rain + Friday makes people not need computer/network services???), so I may very well be able to help out.

Will the booth be covered? Or, do I need to bring rain gear? Weather Forecast calls for a 40% chance on Friday.

Old 04-05-2011, 9:37 AM
Banned

Awesome! It was the best $22 I've spent in a long time!

Yes, and I know John will appreciate that you can make it!!!

Re: the booths - I'm not sure - I'd give John a call at (714) 992-2772 and see if he knows. If he doesn't know - he can find out for you. He's a real nice guy, BTW.

"We" really appreciate new volunteers!!!

As you know, only about 1/10 of 1 percent of the pro-gun stuff done in this state is "paid" - so it falls on people like you and me to volunteer to make up the slack. . . But that's good - since the money that is saved can be spent on cool stuff (like litigation). . .

AND - let's totally hook up, me and you - next time I'm down there. Hopefully, it will be soon - I keep missing the Lompoc Flower Festival - and I want to make it this year.

Quote:
Ok, just joined CRPA. So far Friday calender is open. Being a sole proprietor makes this difficult. Fridays are typically slow for me, especially if it is raining (not sure why rain + Friday makes people not need computer/network services???), so I may very well be able to help out.

Will the booth be covered? Or, do I need to bring rain gear? Weather Forecast calls for a 40% chance on Friday.

Last edited by oaklander; 04-05-2011 at 9:39 AM..
Old 04-05-2011, 9:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Awesome! It was the best $22 I've spent in a long time!

Yes, and I know John will appreciate that you can make it!!!

Re: the booths - I'm not sure - I'd give John a call at (714) 992-2772 and see if he knows. If he doesn't know - he can find out for you. He's a real nice guy, BTW.

"We" really appreciate new volunteers!!!

As you know, only about 1/10 of 1 percent of the pro-gun stuff done in this state is "paid" - so it falls on people like you and me to volunteer to make up the slack. . . But that's good - since the money that is saved can be spent on cool stuff (like litigation). . .

AND - let's totally hook up, me and you - next time I'm down there. Hopefully, it will be soon - I keep missing the Lompoc Flower Festival - and I want to make it this year.
May 28th & 29th is the Arroyo Grande Strawberry Festival + it is their city's centennial. Member Kali-Jax does marketing for one of the Pismo Beach hotel properties if you need lodging. Super guy.

Old 04-08-2011, 4:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ok, its way early on Friday morning and nobody has called me back on this. I am going to drive out there on faith alone to see if I can help. I am hoping that the OP directions will get me close enough.

LUCC permitted? I want to stop by SLOSA on the way out for some range time, but I am unsure about Camp SLO rules. It is a firearms match???

PM me this morning if anyone has info.

Old 04-08-2011, 7:05 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

7:06am, been to alpha range & it is empty & locked up. Haven't seen any other civilians & starting to really wonder whats up. Is volunteering supposed to be this hard?

Old 04-10-2011, 8:32 PM
CGSSA President

How did this go? Where are the pictures :-)
Show us, show us, show us pls!

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”
Old 04-10-2011, 9:24 PM
Banned

Yes - I'm going to talk to John - I think there was a miscommunication on this - but it's not reflective of CRPA - rather, I think once I talk to John, it will turn out to be something simple.

That being said - choprzrul really stepped up to the plate to volunteer for this!!!

I was actually talking to Brandon today, and he's really impressed by how many people are willing to put so much work into volunteering for gun-related events (CRPA, C3, NRA, etc.).

What we are seeing now is a total revitalization of the whole California "gun culture." It's becoming grass roots again (like it was 100 years ago).

People just get together and DO stuff. That's exciting for everyone. . .

I think during this process of "grass-rootization," we are bound to see some road bumps. I know John personally, and he's a great guy - AND it's no secret that I sit on the CRPA BOD. After talking with most of the CRPA Board Members, and many members, I am certain that we are all headed in the right direction.

Sorry to ramble - but I remember just three years ago when there was some "factionalization" within our community. I'm just not seeing hardly any of that now. We are all on the same page, and we are all moving in the same general direction. This is a hard thing for the anti-gunners to deal with, and quite frankly - they are failing at dealing with us!!!

Moving forward, I'm going to be working a lot closer with CRPA on these events, since I kind of like helping with events - and that's probably why I am on their "Programs and Coalitions" committee. . . I also sit on a couple of other ones - but I'm convinced this is the most exciting one, since I like "events," "BBQ's" - and basically anything that gets us together. . .

Sorry to ramble so much - but talking with Brandon really pumped me up - it's nice to know that we have people like him, who are pulling for us. . . Etc. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
How did this go? Where are the pictures :-)
Show us, show us, show us pls!
Old 04-10-2011, 9:28 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
I also sit on a couple of other ones - but I'm convinced this is the most exciting one, since I like "events," "BBQ's" - and basically anything that gets us together. . .
I say Kes adds "Social Director" to your title

Just finished the Vallejo show and your name with Brandon's kept popping up because you guys lead by example. I really enjoy doing what I can to help because all of you on CGF have truly made a difference for all of us.

Thanks s'all