Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper3142 View Post
You mean he can try!!!

Anyone acting as a LEO who either doesn't know or understand the LAW, needs to seek employement in another field!!! He doesn't get to make up laws as he goes along. He isn't Judge Dredd. I don't tolerate LEOs who don't know the law or think anything they say is suddenly "The Law".

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE.

And he might have a darn hard time stealing the legally owned property from some folks.

Really ??.....So what would you do ??

Quote:
One,
I did not say anything about me (or anyone else) shooting anyone in my post.

Two,
I value my life a great deal. I also value my rights and my property.

Three,
I will not tolerate bullies and thugs... ever; regardless of their position. If you have a problem with that, then you have a problem.
With all due respect, this kinda stuff is really, really, really stupid to post on a PUBLIC forum........You don't think 'others' are monitoring what's being posted ?? Getting an IP address is a piece of cake...............

Your comments are making ALL of us look bad !!!...........I absolutely repudiate everything you posted and strongly disagree with your 'tone'.........As a law abiding gun owner, I will not sit back and let you spout such stupidity...........

In a nut shell........STFU !!!!

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2003
Old 03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You mean he can try!!!

And he might have a darn hard time stealing the legally owned property from some folks.

I'd pay good money to see that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
You're weird. But that's ok because you're far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
Hispanic my left asscheek, that boy is cracked out on jihad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.dakeelstripe View Post
If you want somthing simple cheap and reliable buy a ugly black glock with no soul.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You mean he can try!!!
My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.
Old 03-26-2011, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Rock View Post
I'd pay good money to see that show.
I don't think it would be much of a show............Pass the popcorn ??

Old 03-26-2011, 4:37 PM

i would tell the ranger from my cold dead hand, them watch them wet themself.

Quote:
You mean he can try!!!

Anyone acting as a LEO who either doesn't know or understand the LAW, needs to seek employement in another field!!! He doesn't get to make up laws as he goes along. He isn't Judge Dredd. I don't tolerate LEOs who don't know the law or think anything they say is suddenly "The Law".

IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE.

Old 03-26-2011, 9:22 PM

I just finished reading all these posts and here are my thoughts: I have been to Lytle many times over the years. I am very disappointed that the Lytle managment won't step up to the plate and work with the Forrest service re: their inappropriate profiling of shooters with high cap mags in legally configured rifles and demanding proof of receipts or what have you. This is an assumption that they are not working with them, but given the things I have heard the RO's say I would assume they have not made any effort to educate the Forrest service as they don't seem to understand the PC themselves. I think we should all take the time to write the Forrest service and Lytle with copies of the the flow chart and PC 12020. I believe they are afraid of the Forrestery guys and don't want to know the laws for fear of their conscience being affected for incorrectly harrassing and denying fellow guns owners their rights re: high cap mags, for fear "the man" will make their life hard. The old crusty guy there is particularly clueless. Robert and his son are pretty cool and dialed in re: the regulations as far as I can tell. I would prefer to go to Burro nowadays and will start spending more time on BLM land. I appreciate the insightful comments by George B but have a hard time believing the Lytle guys truly understand the law because I have heard some of them say ridiculous stuff. Just my humble thoughts.

Last edited by Patriot Man; 03-26-2011 at 9:25 PM..
Old 03-27-2011, 5:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeOne3345 View Post
LOL. I KNEW this was Lytle Creek as soon as I read it.

Two weeks ago I was venting to Superset about this happened to me at Lytle Creek.

The worker with the missing teeth is HORRIBLE. He got all in my face telling me featureless build was illegal and that I was gonna get "his" range shut down because previously some "god damn Mexicans" brought "full auto ak47's with grenade launchers." He said this to me as a group of Latinos were shooting legally configured Saigas and AK47 type rifles next to me.

This guy was super loud and in my face. I got super loud back, then reported his ignorant *** to the management. They handled it well and told the guy he was wrong. I got my money back and a free trip the next time I visit (yea, right).

If this is the same guy, that really sucks. He doesn't understand any of the laws. He's a real idiot.
Yet another contact with the species Hickus vociferous rusticana, usually found in their natural range from Washington and Oregon eastward to Idaho, sometimes appearing in Southern California due to becoming lost while migrating to Florida. Often found where alcohol, firearms and NASCAR racing are the predominate forms of recreation. Sometimes found at flea markets, storage locker auctions and landfills. Plumage includes secondhand denim and soiled baseball hats with farm equipment logos. Commonly suffer halitosis and mange. Call is loud; "HEY, YOU BOY. W'at you do'in thar?"
Old 03-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
Yet another contact with the species Hickus vociferous rusticana, usually found in their natural range from Washington and Oregon eastward to Idaho, sometimes appearing in Southern California due to becoming lost while migrating to Florida. Often found where alcohol, firearms and NASCAR racing are the predominate forms of recreation. Sometimes found at flea markets, storage locker auctions and landfills. Plumage includes secondhand denim and soiled baseball hats with farm equipment logos. Commonly suffer halitosis and mange. Call is loud; "HEY, YOU BOY. W'at you do'in thar?"
.......I about pissed my pants from laughter reading this post !!! Absolutely freakin' hysterical....!!!!

I was watching some slasher B-movie on 'SyFy' channel the other night, can't recall the name, but it was about some clan of cannibalistic-redneck-inbreeders that were hunting a group of reality show contestants and eating them......yea I know.......it was 'SyFy' what do you expect.........pretty damn funny and this post made me think of that flick !!!

Sorry for the tangent.......Back to the LC drama...........Y'All !!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:43 AM

@ wrangler john: i almost died laughing. thank you sir.

my policy with LEO's who overstep their authority or ignore or are ignorant of the law is to politely tell them in a calm and respectful tone: "sir/maam i can see at this point that you have overstepped the bounds of the law. i can think of no good reason for doing so other tham harrassing me. i know the applicable statutes in this case and am confident that i am not in violation. if you continue to harrass me i will file a complaint against you and contact my atty with interest in filing a suit against you and your agency. and with all due respect when all is said and done, with complaint, lawsuit, depositions, and so forth, whether i win in court or accept a settlement, the harrassment you are subjecting me to will inconvenience you a great deal more than me in the long run. here is my card, here is my atty's card."

sad but true there are LEO's out there ignorant and arrogant to harrass and arrest law abiding citizens with no legal cause. if good cops and honest citizens dont stand up to these bad seeds they will tarnish the honor and reputation of LEO's everwhere, putting good cops in danger and making their job harder.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 PM

It is pretty sad that we have lowered the quality of the discussion to racial sterotyping of the range personel. Robert the main RSO is a great guy. The only reason he is telling people to put there hicaps away is because he cares about fellow shooter and does not want to see anyone have issues with the out of control ranger LEO. I do find some fault with the management for not stepping up and defusing the stituation but they have a lease with the Forestry service so are most likely not wanting to make waves. Without knowing the detail on how their lease is renewed and so forth, I will withhold judgement on the management and just go somewhere else to shoot without the drama. Please remember that you reflect on the board as a whole with every post you make, so always take the high road.
Old 03-27-2011, 3:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i guy in my unit works there and the Sheriff out there loves to come out and harrass people. so i think a CGF chat is in order for the Sheriff out there to educate them on the legality of using so called "high cap" magazines in a legal rifle.

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Old 03-27-2011, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Hated View Post
@ wrangler john: i almost died laughing. thank you sir.

my policy with LEO's who overstep their authority or ignore or are ignorant of the law is to politely tell them in a calm and respectful tone: "sir/maam i can see at this point that you have overstepped the bounds of the law. i can think of no good reason for doing so other tham harrassing me. i know the applicable statutes in this case and am confident that i am not in violation. if you continue to harrass me i will file a complaint against you and contact my atty with interest in filing a suit against you and your agency. and with all due respect when all is said and done, with complaint, lawsuit, depositions, and so forth, whether i win in court or accept a settlement, the harrassment you are subjecting me to will inconvenience you a great deal more than me in the long run. here is my card, here is my atty's card."

sad but true there are LEO's out there ignorant and arrogant to harrass and arrest law abiding citizens with no legal cause. if good cops and honest citizens dont stand up to these bad seeds they will tarnish the honor and reputation of LEO's everwhere, putting good cops in danger and making their job harder.
HAHAHAHA !!!!

Yea.......You try that........Let us know how it works out for ya !!!!!!

Who's got the pocorn ???

Old 03-27-2011, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762.D3A7H View Post
I avoid all problems by shooting in the desert.
+1 I've never even been to a range, and probably never will with the amount of drama I hear from it. Just go to open BLM land away from the crowds and enjoy 2A in peace.
Old 03-27-2011, 4:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

i would definantly prefer them to "run me in" along with the magazines as if there is a law broken i would rather it become a big fuss than a confiscation
Old 03-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW67 View Post
I already am boycotting Lytle Creek...
I have been boycotting them since my last trip. Range officer was cool, Had a beautiful pitbull and was real nice. I shot my mini 14 with 30 rounders no prob. What I didnt like was the smug attitude from the office/booth staff at the check in. I always make it a point to say I am a member of Calguns when shooting at a range. Feel it shows we are supporting them with our buisness. When I told them back in December while checking in they acted like a bunch of tards! Then to add to it they charged me for my 7 year old son to shoot. Sorry but I think that is B.S. Their attitude reflected their lack of professionalism. I will not patronize a range that acts like it can care less if me as a shooter/Patron is doing buisness with them or not.

"I'm damned glad to be here..." — George Patton
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

Did anything happen with this?

I FAIL at seeing new threads, sometimes. . .
Old 04-04-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHA !!!!

Yea.......You try that........Let us know how it works out for ya !!!!!!

Who's got the pocorn ???
Bobby Hated was actually very reasonable in his post. He said to remain calm and respectful. He said he would quote the law. He said if the officer continued he would inform him he would file a complaint.

Oh my God, what a madman!

I wonder why you are so disgustingly dismissive of people who have the gall to stand up for their rights? Why are you so eager to roll over with your belly exposed?

Each of us choose when and where to stand our ground. Most times it is foolish to tangle with LEO, but I posted a few days ago about when a Seattle city cop tried to confiscate (STEAL) my expensive pocket knife. The place was very public, I quoted the law to him, then stared him down and told him he would have to take it from me. He walked away. He was a bully and a thug, and a gutless one at that.

"One person can make a difference.... but sometimes they shouldn't".
~ Marge Simpson

Old 04-05-2011, 6:11 AM
Banned

I can absolutely fix this - but I need information. Please see:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=417304
Closed Thread