Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 01-15-2018, 6:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Cabela’s getting out of Black Powder guns?

I am a member of a Facebook group “Black Powder Recolver Enthusiasts and there is a post from several around the country stating that Black Powder guns are missing from displays and the selection is non existent in some stores while limited in others. There has been a long lasting sale on Pietta revolvers and some are speculating that Cabela’s is blowing out inventory. One person also claimed that his 1851 and 1860 back ordered gun order were cancelled. That causes me some concern as I have a back ordered 1851 Yank Sheriff Model. Hopefully the group is wrong but I thought I would bring awareness to all of you in case you were looking for that cheap black powder gun. My 1858 was $219.

Old 01-15-2018, 6:45 PM
Veteran Member

Wow. I have a Yank Sheriff on back order as well. Haven't gotten a cancellation email yet.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 8:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Why not ask Cabelas Customer Service? I've seen Cabela's Reno completely out of BP revolvers but more show up a couple months or so later when the next ship from Italy arrives. So who knows, only speculation unless direct from Cabela's.
Old 01-15-2018, 8:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghauler View Post
Why not ask Cabelas Customer Service? I've seen Cabela's Reno completely out of BP revolvers but more show up a couple months or so later when the next ship from Italy arrives. So who knows, only speculation unless direct from Cabela's.
I will give them a call tomorrow. Point well taken.

Old 01-15-2018, 9:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
I will give them a call tomorrow. Point well taken.
Nothing like getting it from the horses mouth!
Good luck keep us informed!
Old 01-16-2018, 3:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The customer service rep stated that some models may not be available or backordered, but they did say that they do plan on selling black powder revolvers, pistols, and long guns. It sounds like they may be pruning down their selection and lowering there inventory costs. The rep couldn’t give more information other than some models will be discontinued.

Old 01-16-2018, 4:31 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
The customer service rep stated that some models may not be available or backordered, but they did say that they do plan on selling black powder revolvers, pistols, and long guns. It sounds like they may be pruning down their selection and lowering there inventory costs. The rep couldn’t give more information other than some models will be discontinued.
Thanks for the update, only good business sense to stock what people want to buy, don't want boxes collecting dust in the storeroom!
Old 01-17-2018, 9:22 PM

that would tell me a couple of things. if what you ordered is popular and Pietta is not closing up shop then your back order is probably in good standing. However if Pietta or Cabela are dropping certain models then if you have the extra cash and they are discounting you might want to pick a few of them up to speculate on for the future. Models like the Mowrey, Navy side hammer, and a few other reproductions are now worth money because no one is making those reproductions anymore. If someone wants one now they pay a hefty price for them when available individually. Something to think about.