Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 05-20-2016, 8:33 PM

Default Two Turkish CZ 98/22, stright crest & curved crest

When the Czechs upgreaded there weapons they sold a lot of their 98/22s to Turkey. Turkey change out the rear sight and sometimes marked the rifles with Turkish marks.
If the rifles ever needed repairs or parts replaced The Turks would use what ever parts they had on hand.
This rifle still has all Czech parts.
The Turks had many different bolt action Mausers. In the 30s the Turks started upgreading their rifles to what is called Turkish standards. So finding a Turkish 98/22 in original condition can be a little hard, but they are out there.

I picked up this one on a tread with my friend. I now have two of these rifles in my Turk collection.
He even through in the repro sling.

Stright Crest

Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC
Old 05-20-2016, 8:33 PM

Curved Crest

Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
GySgt G.L.Bihm USMC
Old 05-20-2016, 8:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Nice mix of Czech and Turk in those rifles. The one with the straight crest looks to be in good condition.
Old 05-24-2016, 9:22 PM

Nice. I also have an "E" series 98/22. The "A" thru "D" series were used by the Czech armed forces, and as you noted sold to Turkey once the Vz 24 short rifle became standard issue. "E" series rifles were a direct sale to Turkey. As evident by no Czech acceptance over the serial number like your "C" series rifle.