Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Annie's Guns-REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Annie's Guns-REMOVED- Hosted by Annie's Guns

Old 03-17-2011, 9:47 PM

Default Wont be going back

Man, it takes alot to get me to the point to write things like this, but i gotta say this one will be easy.

The staff at IA are not helpful at all. Very rude, very demeaning, and plain arrogant. They figured out how to "build" AR rifles and are better than the rest. The word "build" and AR shouldnt even be in the same sentence, its like legos, its more like painting by numbers rather than building. Staff needs to cool it.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Veteran Member

Ok your not happy but your not really telling us what happend for it to come to this.

The whole story please.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:20 PM

Default Who Cares

Who Cares! This is not a gripe or trash the store forum. It is meant to ask questions and get responses/information from the store as the name suggests. Just because this guy didn't get the TLC he needed at IA doesn't mean he should be looking for it here.
Old 03-18-2011, 6:06 AM

We try our best to make everyone happy, sometimes personality clashes happen. Our thread on this forum is typically for questions . I understand your frustration feel free to pm me.
Old 03-18-2011, 6:03 PM
In Memoriam

The best part of IA was the dog. at least he was friendly
Old 03-19-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomashoward View Post
The best part of IA was the dog. at least he was friendly
Yeah...but he didnt bother getting up to help me either.........
Old 03-19-2011, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know what the complaint was about, but I've always had a good experience there and the staff has always been helpful to me.. Have purchased lowers and done several ppt's.. never any issues and they are always cool.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM

They're a business! and ARs are what people want now days for some reason. You cant blame them for that. I agree the staff isn't the most polite but thats common in the gun shops in the area. You really gotta go in a shop knowing what you want and not needing much assistance to get it. Me and a coworker both bought a used gun at the same time and it was a very good smooth fast transaction, and very reasonably priced. and that is why it is a good shop. not for the customer service, although the other customers in there seemed to get good customer service while I was in there
Old 03-22-2011, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMike View Post
Who Cares! This is not a gripe or trash the store forum. It is meant to ask questions and get responses/information from the store as the name suggests. Just because this guy didn't get the TLC he needed at IA doesn't mean he should be looking for it here.
If i broke a forum rule, I apologize. If i didnt then great, sounds like information will get past on just as you suggest that it should.
Apparently you care enough to respond on the issue.
And I didnt walk into a gun store looking for TLC, nor do i need any from here, nor from you. So i think the antics of your personalized attacks to me being sensitive is useless and no real information is passed. Escpecially from a guy who wasnt there nor knows the situation, but holds a big opinion.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VjjR View Post
They're a business! and ARs are what people want now days for some reason. You cant blame them for that. I agree the staff isn't the most polite but thats common in the gun shops in the area. You really gotta go in a shop knowing what you want and not needing much assistance to get it. Me and a coworker both bought a used gun at the same time and it was a very good smooth fast transaction, and very reasonably priced. and that is why it is a good shop. not for the customer service, although the other customers in there seemed to get good customer service while I was in there
Im glad for your experience as well as your coworker.
But to say that you really gotta know what you want before you go into a shop, is plain ridiculous... i bet annie would disagree with you, i bet you annie or any smart business owner would want any business they can get, whether educated or not. Cause a $1k gun sale from an ignorant newbie, or a $1k gun sale on an AR enthusiast, is still $1k in the bank for the shop owner. Anybody who doesnt want to grow there industry to the people new to the industry, would be a very unsuccessful industry.

And i would agree that there are alot of stores, that have rude employees. Its funny, cause Im from back east, where were allowed to own an array of different guns without the restrictions of californians, and the people in the gun stores are way less egotistical, rude or demeaning. But everyone out here treats guns and shooting likes its a big secret. I never seen a gun range you had to pay to shoot until i moved out here, people out here shoot maybe 6-8 times a month, and think theyre better than the rest, cracks me up.
Old 03-23-2011, 6:14 AM

The store is a lifelong dream of my husbands. He is very passionate about guns and owning the store is something he has always wanted to do. Unfortunately, he is not able to be there as much as he would like, but we try to help him live out his dream. I understand that sometimes personalities clash. We have several people in the store who will help out if they are not busy.
Old 03-23-2011, 8:37 AM

Has the store changed hands recently? I was an avid customer from 08-09, and would continue to recommend the store to anyone. However, I'm seeing a lot of negative reviews here and on yelp.

Just curious.

Frank, Rich, Martin all still there? If so, I can't imagine this being a bad place to shop.
Old 03-23-2011, 1:25 PM

Yes.
Old 03-23-2011, 1:28 PM

pm sent
Old 03-23-2011, 6:43 PM

The only guy in that store worth dealing with is Martin.

He's the best and you just know it the second you talk to him.
Old 03-24-2011, 8:04 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Default IA

I have spent a few hours and many dollars there without regrets. Bought my first three lowers etc...................

Got assistance I needed and even had Rich go out of his way to find me an obscure part that took time to locate. Thanks.

Had questions......... got some answers. Kept me from making mistakes.

They were partially responsible for me getting started making some AR tools to sell. Even sold a few to them.

If I had a problem, I would simply not go into any shop that I thought treated me less than I expected. Had no such experience here.

I have some ca$h earmarked for IA as I write this.

Support our local shops as they are nice to have around.
Old 03-31-2011, 9:26 AM

I only have had issues with Rich, he is almost always grumpy. He has been very rude to me at times. I could careless really. But apart from that, I have had great experiences with Dave and Ian (He left a while back). Annie has been very nice and helpful when she has helped me.
I was told not to go there anymore for transfers and to take my business elsewhere. I like to get older guns, and guns that they do not carry, and I guess they did not like that. Plus I had a couple of issues with Rich.
But you know is ok, Dave and Annie always treated me really nice. So I can only say good things in general.
I do not understand why they do not want my business anymore, but other gun shops will get it, their loss.
Thank Dave and Annie for being so helpful and nice dealing with me.

Last edited by Vsanzbajo; 03-31-2011 at 9:29 AM..
Old 04-12-2011, 5:48 PM

You must have dealt with the old man. He always seems to not give a damn and couldn't be bothered to answer the same questions every day. Somedays he'll be helpful others he'll make you wonder what crawled up his arse that morning. He's just weird like that. But he's not that bad once you get used to him. I actually really disliked the younger tall guy that used to work there, he somehow always came off as a real *****.

I really think its stupid how some people say this place or that place did a good transaction and it went smoothly. Well that's the way its supposed to be with any and all transactions. I expect nothing less. What just because a store ran a smooth transaction we should give them a cookie or something? Extra credit? Get a grip, just because they're a gun store doesn't mean we have to kiss ***. When you shop at Safeway do you come out onto the internet saying they gave you a smooth transaction and bagged your groceries just the way you like it? Jesus Christ.
Old 04-17-2011, 7:13 PM
Banned

I do not normally get involved in these types of discussions. . .

BUT - when I used to live in the Bay Area - I did transfer quite a few guns through IA, and even bought one or two from them. . .

Everybody was really cool. . .

I think if you have a specific complaint - it would be best to share it with AO - she can address it - and if there's a problem - she can fix it.

But random and non-specific complaints do not help any of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh85 View Post
Man, it takes alot to get me to the point to write things like this, but i gotta say this one will be easy.

The staff at IA are not helpful at all. Very rude, very demeaning, and plain arrogant. They figured out how to "build" AR rifles and are better than the rest. The word "build" and AR shouldnt even be in the same sentence, its like legos, its more like painting by numbers rather than building. Staff needs to cool it.
Old 04-17-2011, 8:54 PM

Can't please everyone. Even as a younger customer I've always been treated fairly at Irvington Arms. I forget one guys name who is grumpy and comes across as rude I still think he's a good guy. thats just his personality. If you want to see rude or incompetent shop at big 5 on mowry... geesh
Old 04-28-2011, 8:01 PM

I've always thought Irvington Arms was a good shop to go to, plus a big selection at times and a few minutes away from my house. Tho the old man working there can be a headache but only had one instance with him where he came off as kinda rude but I came back another time and he lined my new night sites up which i purchased online, free of charge. So don't let one bad instance throw you we all have a bad day from time to time.
Old 04-29-2011, 9:50 AM

Rich, the old feller, should change his attitude... Hint..hint...that would give them more business, if he did that.

Having that baaaad attitude would get the business nowhere.

I miss John who used to work there years ago.

Just my .02.

“Liberty is to the collective body, what health is to every individual body. Without health no pleasure can be tasted by man; without liberty, no happiness can be enjoyed by society.”
Thomas Jefferson quotes (American 3rd US President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence. 1762-1826)

Last edited by The Professional; 04-29-2011 at 2:02 PM..
Old 04-30-2011, 2:48 PM

I am back from vacation. If someone is having an issue, please pm me about it. I will take care of it. The forum cannot.

thank you

Annie
Old 05-08-2011, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh85 View Post

Afraid I have to agree and disagree. If I go alone, I got the feeling of being an odd man out. When I go with my blonde g/f or say one of my buddies that drops a lot of money there, I got a different vibe.

That being said, my father has shopped with IA, he has had good experience so maybe you have to be a regular before you're taken seriously or have been given a better treatment.

Note, this is not to be translated as a "random" comment. It is based on personal experience (s). That being said, I'll continue to go there because I support my local small businesses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-in View Post
Can't please everyone. Even as a younger customer I've always been treated fairly at Irvington Arms. I forget one guys name who is grumpy and comes across as rude I still think he's a good guy. thats just his personality. If you want to see rude or incompetent shop at big 5 on mowry... geesh
Apples to Oranges. The reason why you shop with a small business is to get the personal touch. It is almost a guarantee that you will not get that with a chain like Big5.

Last edited by willywill; 05-08-2011 at 1:53 PM.. Reason: Rationalizing why I'm posting my reply...
Old 05-09-2011, 10:48 PM

They were great when I was there for the first time last week.

I was there for a couple of hours, Rich? answered all my questions and showed me everything they had in stock already built (I was looking for ideas)

Of all the gun stores I have been to:
Markleys
Reeds
Valkyrie arms
The Gun Exchange
Sportsmens Supply
Irvington Arms
and
Bay Area Gun Vault

My experience at Irvington Arms was BY FAR the best.

Last edited by FreeFlyFreak; 05-11-2011 at 9:20 AM..
Old 07-06-2011, 8:25 PM

I bought my lower at IA as a first time gun buyer and I left please. Lost on of the springs while building, went to Reeds and they couldn't help me without the gunsmith in, next day went to IA when they were open again and was able to get it no problem
Old 07-07-2011, 6:55 PM

Thumbs up Good Shop / Good People

I was in there for the first time on 7/5/2011 to do a PPT. I came early so I decided to hang around the shop checking out what they have on display. The people in there are definitely not politicians out to solicit your favoritism, but if you talk to them, you'll find that they're just plain good ol' gun lovers like anyone else on this forum.

Rich was very friendly and didn't mind chatting about rifles for a good 15 minutes. There was another guy and gal in the store who also chimed in on the conversation.

What's funny is I even brought up the fact that I read about the bad customer service on the internet, we all had a good laugh about that one.

Bottom line, just go in with the right attitude and patience and you'll have a good experience. No hassle to buy this or that as if it were a car-sales lot.
Old 07-14-2011, 6:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised to see this thread. I remember going to Panoche years ago with Martin and a bunch of other CGN folks and having a great old time. From then on, I fed as much business to IA as I could and have always been happy. Special orders, "stupid" questions, just poking around and trying to figure out what I wanted, etc. everyone was always really nice. In fact I was pondering going back up that way soon to get another lower for a dedicated 22LR build.

When is Martin in the shop these days? It would be nice to see him again.
More regimes have been brought, piecemeal, to their knees by what was once called “Irish Democracy”—the silent, dogged resistance, withdrawal, and truculence of millions of ordinary people—than by revolutionary vanguards or rioting mobs.
Old 07-15-2011, 7:09 AM

come on in. He is in tuesday-thursday 5:30- closing. he takes friday nights off and most saturdays.
Old 07-18-2011, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyschoolboy View Post
I bought my lower at IA as a first time gun buyer and I left please. Lost on of the springs while building, went to Reeds and they couldn't help me without the gunsmith in, next day went to IA when they were open again and was able to get it no problem

Damn those detents huh
Old 08-03-2011, 12:31 PM

great experience did a ppt on two guns one of which was a "scary" sks thats tm wouldnt touch because it had gray areas about it but ill leave that for another time all in all very helpful honest people down to earth looking forward to my pickup soon and yes i would recomend using these guys for all your needs
Old 08-10-2011, 3:38 PM
Veteran Member

Another great experience. Special order. Mfg had trouble getting
My gun shipped, IA upgraded me to a more expensive model that was
available for the same price. Great comms the whole time. IA took less profit
On the deal just to take care of me. A+
Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 PM

Ok this is ridiculous.....was told not to go there...but I did...worst gun store experiences ever.....multiple times....learned to work on my own guns because of them(thanks)....i dont who is posting these replies because I can think of at least 5 people right of the top of my head who can say the same that I know...to saytheyre the best is a JOKE and a disrespect to other gun stores.....had to reply...was compelled....
Old 08-11-2011, 7:04 AM

did you ever send me a pm regarding your issues ? I don't remember getting one from you. We try our best to please everyone, and I guess we can't please everyone. this forum is for questions not to bash the store as I have stated in previous comments..

LET THIS THREAD DIE ALREADY !!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 7:06 AM

pm sent !