Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 10-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Default fabarm experience?

has anyone owned or shot one of these? i tried looking for the subforum on shotgunworld but even they dont have a fabarm forum. or i couldnt find it. looking for info to see if they are worth the purchase.
NRA Member

WTS airsoft +extras
Old 10-09-2016, 10:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 10-10-2016, 9:58 AM

On shotgun world, search the Caesar Guerini forum. Fabarm is a subsidiary of CG.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:44 PM

A friend had one of their single barrel trap guns and he shot it well. To my knowledge he never had a problem with it.
Old 10-10-2016, 1:05 PM

I have a friend who upland hunts with one in 28 ga. He love it. I shot it once. Its a very nice gun.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 AM

I have a L4S. It's my favorite shotgun and I own twelve semi's.
Free estimates
Call now and receive a free harmonica
Old 10-17-2016, 4:24 AM
Veteran Member

I have a gold lion semi auto. One of the smoothest semi auto's I have shot. When they were imported by HK they were much more prevalent. Since being dropped they do not have much of a presence in this country. Great shotgun. Wish they would push to open up a market here.
Old 10-17-2016, 6:24 AM
Calguns Addict

I have the FP6 riot gun it works fine.
Old 10-17-2016, 7:58 AM

Business wise caesar bought into fabarms a few years ago, but before that fabarms was making shotguns for caesar. Back then the joke was that fabarm is the poor man's caesar and caesar was the over priced fabarm. Maybe they're different now but back then the only part different besides aesthetics was the forend lock. Mechanically it was the same gun.

My experience with them has been great. I had a sporting clays competition o/u under HK importation. It needed work a couple times because of their very weird rod ejector system but hk granted the lifetime warranty and it just costed me shipping and down time.

After hk wrote them off and wanted out of the tacticool shotgun market they signed on merkel. Then sig imported fabarm for a short bit. A couple of my buddies have those and they're the same gun but sig wants nothing to do with them. Sig says no we don't want them don't send them to us for repair.

Then tristar picked them up but I'm not sure if anything was actually imported under their name. But now they have US representation and are gtg.

Mine was a beast. It was a goal of mine to shoot it out and it never happened. Put down about 1k rounds a month for bout 5 years, shot sporting clays and 5 stand in the baking sun, snow, and rain. It was solid, except for that weird rod system they got going on. It took hk two tries to get it right and then it was solid as could be.

My friend has a gold lion o/u and it's very nice. Color case hardened with a very comfortable ergonomic grip. Shoots really well and is comfortable. He's never had an issue.

So my experience is with the old hk and sig imported stuff. I would imagine that with advancements in manufacturing the new stuff is even better. At the price point they were at I think you can't go wrong with one. Can't speak for the semi's though, I've only played with the o/u guns.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Dooder; 10-17-2016 at 8:02 AM..
Old 10-17-2016, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

I had one of the last HK/Fabarm O/U, only sold it because I needed the money and still regret it to this day. It was boringly reliable and it was my first and only shotgun I've ever bought. In short, the Fabarm was Fabulous... I had it for three years and shot trap almost every weekend and other than the forend getting a little loose (easily tightened up with a screw), I had no other problems. If you have a chance to get one, go for it.
NRA Member, CAPRC Member