Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-06-2006, 7:49 PM

Default glendale gun store

anybody here knows the gun store in glendale? near the galleria mall?
Old 10-06-2006, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger_play
anybody here knows the gun store in glendale? near the galleria mall?
you talking about The Gun Gallery? its on central a little south of the mall i think, ive never been in there but ive seen them at the Glendale gun show every time ive gone.
Old 10-07-2006, 6:19 AM

yep thats the one!
do you have theircontact number?
thank you very much
Old 10-07-2006, 2:35 PM

818-244-9800

addy is 1125 s. central ave.
Old 10-07-2006, 3:13 PM

you guys are awesome!!!

thanks a lot
Old 10-07-2006, 6:42 PM
Calguns Addict

I think Kings in down in Glendale too isn't it ? It's
been awhile, but I use to take my Colts there.
www.kingsgunworks.com
Old 10-07-2006, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg
I think Kings in down in Glendale too isn't it ? It's
been awhile, but I use to take my Colts there.
www.kingsgunworks.com

yea they are on glenoaks near the Glendale/Burbank border. from what i hear they have changed a bit over the years, something about one of the owners passing away i think.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM

How are the prices & service at "The Gun Gallery" compared to Turners? I'm just not a huge fan of Turners and their service, I'd prefer to take my business elsewhere.
Old 10-09-2006, 8:04 AM
Banned

when i went to the gun gallery, I got a "blingy" impression of the store, and all the employees there looked like they were in their 20s. A lot of the items were LEO only, and price tags seemed above average

I just got a Benelli M4 from Gun World in Burbank, and they gave me a pretty good price. Friend also bought a CZ from them. They have a HUGE selection there, so I'd advise to check them out as well. FYI, sticker prices there seem higher than others, but doesn't look like its their "final" price

Kings Gun Works in Glendale isn't bad, but not that big on modern handguns, mostly revolvers and rifles. Prices were ok.

If you can, check out Bains and Davis ( http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?ID=3950 ). Selection isn't that big, but they seem to have pretty good guns in stock (bought my USP45, SIG P226, and Sako 308 from there). Service IMO was top notch though.

I lived in Glendale, so checked out all the local shops. Good luck
Old 10-09-2006, 7:28 PM

+1 on bain and davis. Guys are really good there.
Old 10-09-2006, 8:13 PM

Forget the gun store on Central in Glendale if your not Armenian. Enough said. Kings guns is great but deal in higher priced guns and 1911's. I'd say if you want modern stuff i'd go with the burbank store.
Old 10-09-2006, 8:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWhite
Forget the gun store on Central in Glendale if your not Armenian. Enough said. Kings guns is great but deal in higher priced guns and 1911's. I'd say if you want modern stuff i'd go with the burbank store.
I resent that.
Old 10-09-2006, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RoDiN
I resent that.
I too resent that he wasn't treated equitably simply because he isn't Armenian.

"You should also be aware that we intend to add it soon to the DOJ Assault Weapons Identification Guide. Therefore, the Stag-15 will soon be classified as an assault weapon."

To Mrs. Merrilees I ask:

Whats your definition of soon?
Old 10-09-2006, 8:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I want to know who was at the shop, Names if possible, while you guys were there. This make me angry. I vouch for this shop, and they make me look bad. Guys i don't know how they treated you or what they did, but I trust you. If two people are sayin this then it must be true. I will make sure they know about this and change their attitudes. I just thought EB was just bashing on armenians. I know we don't have the best reps, and i can't even blame people for or stereotypes. I assure you I am not a gang member nor on well fare. Not all of us are like that. But let me know and I will call tomorow and see whats up.
Old 10-09-2006, 8:43 PM

I have never visited the store before. I have seen them twice at the Glendale Gun Show. Once asking about a price on a Jennings at which I was given a high price after the worker asked the "guy in charge" in armenian. Asking questions was almost like talking to a wall. I just walked away. All the people at the booth constintly speak Armenian instead of English which is very rude in front of English speaking customers. I'm not bashing on any group of people. I just did not feel like I was treated good, based on who I was. Rodin, I do not believe you are a bad guy or a gang member- I just did not get treated right and felt that if I was an Armenian I would have received better service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RoDiN
I want to know who was at the shop, Names if possible, while you guys were there. This make me angry. I vouch for this shop, and they make me look bad. Guys i don't know how they treated you or what they did, but I trust you. If two people are sayin this then it must be true. I will make sure they know about this and change their attitudes. I just thought EB was just bashing on armenians. I know we don't have the best reps, and i can't even blame people for or stereotypes. I assure you I am not a gang member nor on well fare. Not all of us are like that. But let me know and I will call tomorow and see whats up.
Old 10-09-2006, 8:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I will definitely let them know. You can count on that. Infact, there is a glendale gun show coming up. I believe NOV 4-5 Ill be there on the 5th. If your around I'll personally go to their booth with you. I understand what you mean about the armenian speaking, and will let them know.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:54 AM

sorry to resurrect an old thread. but i made a stop at the Gun Gallery in glendale. in my point of view it is a complete rip off. they had a chinese sks used in maybe 80 percent condition, and were askin for around $450 for it. i also looked onto the HK USP Compact 45. and he quoted me $850 for it and said that he has the best prices, cuz he is a direct HK seller. and that i wont find a better price anywhere else. so i will not be buying anythin from them anytime, unless they start dropping their prices.
Old 04-21-2007, 1:03 AM

I visited the store recently. They had a p220 that was very high in price. A streamlight tlr2 for 350 bucks. They have some nice stuff. I think the only reason they stay in business is because the Armenian community tends to support Armenian business owners. They would rather spend more to keep the money in their community.
Old 04-21-2007, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modenar1 View Post
sorry to resurrect an old thread. but i made a stop at the Gun Gallery in glendale. in my point of view it is a complete rip off. they had a chinese sks used in maybe 80 percent condition, and were askin for around $450 for it. i also looked onto the HK USP Compact 45. and he quoted me $850 for it and said that he has the best prices, cuz he is a direct HK seller. and that i wont find a better price anywhere else. so i will not be buying anythin from them anytime, unless they start dropping their prices.
What was the parking like? That area can be a hassle on the weekend to find a spot, depending on where they are located. I am trying to visualize their location - what other business is near them? If they are too close to the mall area, I won't even bother. Unless that USP Compact was the tactical model, $850 is not even close to a good price - of if he was including the tax and DROS in his quote? Doubt it, but only then would $850 make any sense.

Last edited by Sam Hainn; 04-21-2007 at 1:12 AM..
Old 04-21-2007, 12:25 PM

parking is ok considering its on the main street. you shouldnt have too much problem finding parking. also its not near the mall. its lower down on central. its closer to Los Feliz.

also, i am armenian myself. and i dont support this shop at all. i dont buy from them just to support our community. i actually do all my purchases and transfers at the local pawn shop. Once A Pawn Time on Broadway and glendale ave. in glendale. great people, great service, fair prices (same prices as Turners, maybe slightly lower) but they treat me with great with everythin from price to service, as i have done all my transaction and purchases through them for over 5 years. i would highly recommend them.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
... Once A Pawn Time on Broadway and glendale ave. in glendale. great people, great service, fair prices (same prices as Turners, maybe slightly lower) but they treat me with great with everythin from price to service, as i have done all my transaction and purchases through them for over 5 years. i would highly recommend them.
Hey, does Once A Pawn A Time also stock consignment guns or carry new guns in their store? I am always looking for shops that carry consignment guns on a regular basis as a resource. I have posted here in the past for inquiries on anyone knowing of pawn-shops carrying guns in the LA area, but I find that most people (including myself) never step foot into a pawn-shop, for any reason (but I would if I knew they carried a selection of guns).

I was in North Hollywood once, back in 2002 or so, and stopped at an appliance store where there was a pawn shop next door - I saw the pawn shop had some guns through the window, so I stopped in - sure enough, there were several unique rifles at incredible prices, so I made a purchase of no less than 5 that day (and they WERE Armenian too!). All the handguns they had were junk, but the rifles look like they came from a collection. I thought I had found a good resource, but about a year later, due to changes and hassle of CA law, they no longer carried guns.

I suspect there are many pawn-shops in the LA area that also carry guns, but because they do not advertise, you would never know it unless you stop into their shop one day.

Pawn-shops rarely post signs to see as you drive by, nor will you find them in the "Guns" section in the yellow pages. Often what they carry is beat-up junk, but ocassionally you find something useable.

Hearing about pawn shops selling guns seems to be strictly word-of-mouth.

1945 Remington Model 81 in .300 Savage: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1180581

1968 2.5" Colt Python & 1936 Smith & Wesson Pre-War "Registered" Magnum
:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1183318

1934 National Duolian Steel Resonator Guitar: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1172113
Old 04-21-2007, 2:11 PM

the pawn shop has new and used guns for sale. ive found a few great deals there. they carry consignment guns too, thats why i go there once a week, or have the lady call me once she recieves something new, since i am a valued customer to her. so she give me heads up on what she gets new. an example of a good deal, would be i found a HK USP 40 in 99 percent condition, and i say this because i compared it to a new USP a friend had and u really couldnt tell the difference, and i got it for $570 OTD
Old 04-21-2007, 2:12 PM
Banned

I live in Glendale and I would not spend any $$$ on handguns at our local stores...why? Outrageous and ridiculous prices.

I prefer buying online and save...my recent FFL dealer only offered $55 for fees. As for ammo and supplies and I rely on the Glendale Gun Show, best place to get your stuff.
Old 04-21-2007, 2:38 PM

hey Greg which FFL do you go to that charges $55, and is that including dros also. cuz my FFl is chargin more than that.
Old 04-21-2007, 4:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
hey Greg which FFL do you go to that charges $55, and is that including dros also. cuz my FFl is chargin more than that.
He's all the way in Westminster. He helped me out back in August of '06 and I've been trying to contact him recently, but hasn't returned my calls or emails. He may no longer be around. Sucks, all he charged was $25 for DROS and $30 for transfer fee. He was a great guy.

I've had to do a lot of research. I REFUSE to pay more than $55. The one in Glendale that everyone's talking about charges $100+ for transfer fees.
Old 04-21-2007, 5:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Dawg View Post
He's all the way in Westminster. He helped me out back in August of '06 and I've been trying to contact him recently, but hasn't returned my calls or emails. He may no longer be around. Sucks, all he charged was $25 for DROS and $30 for transfer fee. He was a great guy.
I bet you're talking about Al B. He's been tied up a lot lately due some things he has had to take care of for the Marines - but if patient, he can fit you in for transfers. He'll be fully retired in a few weeks and will have all the time in the world for doing shows again and handling transfers.

1945 Remington Model 81 in .300 Savage: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1180581

1968 2.5" Colt Python & 1936 Smith & Wesson Pre-War "Registered" Magnum
:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1183318

1934 National Duolian Steel Resonator Guitar: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1172113
Old 04-21-2007, 5:58 PM

oh ya ive checked a few places. that are $100 for the transfer. but my ffl does it for $80. the worse pricing i got on that was the the Burbank Gun Shop. they wanted $100 for transfer + tax on gun + dros. that was the most ridiculous thing i had ever heard. it was costing close to $200 for a transfer. i gave them a few words outta my mind, and left and never walked into their store again.
Old 04-21-2007, 8:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
I bet you're talking about Al B.
Yup that's him. Great guy.

modenar1-There's a pawn shop in West Hollywood that has low transfer fees...I don't know the exact name, but I heard a rumor.
Old 04-22-2007, 7:03 PM
Veteran Member

Can someone give the contact info for once a pawn a time?
Old 04-22-2007, 8:13 PM
Veteran Member

I know the guys at gun gallery. There a great group of guys but yeah there prices are very high.

They also tell me there clientel is mostly armenian. No problem with that it just kinda supports the theory of them supporting there community.
Old 04-22-2007, 9:20 PM
Veteran Member

I'm not Armenian but I sort of look it so thats why they were nice when I went there Once had an Armenian girl refuse to believe me that I was noit at least 1/2 Armenian! Prices are high as mentioned though. My mom looks just like Cher BTW! I need to hit up the Glendale area shops again, is Stevensons selling guns again?
Old 11-11-2009, 5:25 PM

Does this location have a range? or is it only a gun store?

I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this topic, but thought i'd piggyback off this one.

I'm moving to west Glendale later this month and am trying to get my bearing on if there are any ranges in Glendale, or where the closest (good ones) might be. I know Firing Line is up the 5 in Burbank, but I wasn't totally impressed with that facility.

Thanks for any info~!

PS> I'm not Armenian but I love Zankou Chicken! LOL
Old 11-11-2009, 8:03 PM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

"Hey, does Once A Pawn A Time also stock consignment guns or carry new guns in their store?"
YES! They certainly do.

If the owner is the nice older white gentleman, he's really cool. The consignment prices are quite reasonable too.
Old 11-11-2009, 8:52 PM

Sorry to mention it, the "older white gentleman" isnt there anymore. That pawn shop is under new ownership. Ive been going to that pawn shop for the past 9 years. never had a problem. Ever since under the new ownership and workers, i havent had the greatest experience. Ive tried ordering from a few online vendors, and they have rejected my orders sayin the DOJ is not clearing the FFL. Even after speaking with the owners, i still had the same problem. Hopefully they get things worked out.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWhite View Post
I have never visited the store before. I have seen them twice at the Glendale Gun Show. Once asking about a price on a Jennings at which I was given a high price after the worker asked the "guy in charge" in armenian. Asking questions was almost like talking to a wall. I just walked away. All the people at the booth constintly speak Armenian instead of English which is very rude in front of English speaking customers. I'm not bashing on any group of people. I just did not feel like I was treated good, based on who I was. Rodin, I do not believe you are a bad guy or a gang member- I just did not get treated right and felt that if I was an Armenian I would have received better service.
Im armenian and i received the same terrible service and high price you did...

AR-15
Wasr-10
Winchester 1300
Nagant 91/30
M44
Ruger 10/22
Old 11-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

"Hopefully they get things worked out."
Damn, really? When did the owners change? The dude was there 4 months ago.
Old 11-12-2009, 1:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

LOL, Glendale.

all I have to say about than gun store is:

they had a Sig 226 Special Warfare on display, but would not sell it because it was the owners.

I asked them to call me when they got a GSR, a 5x7 or a Sig 228 in stock a year ago. I am still waiting.

Eshes.
Old 11-12-2009, 2:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicronuT View Post
dont forget gunworld.. bbnk
Gun World Burbank is awsome! If you go there (And you should) ask for Logan. Great guy and very knowledgable about firearms. This is a small family business and I have bought seven guns from them. Good prices and good people!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Old 11-12-2009, 3:03 PM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

"Gun World Burbank is awsome"
If you're a masochist, maybe.

There are few gun stores with a reputation as bad as GWs.
Old 11-22-2009, 7:32 AM
Veteran Member

No ranges in Glendale. Firing Line in Burbank is the closest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToad View Post
Does this location have a range? or is it only a gun store?

I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this topic, but thought i'd piggyback off this one.

I'm moving to west Glendale later this month and am trying to get my bearing on if there are any ranges in Glendale, or where the closest (good ones) might be. I know Firing Line is up the 5 in Burbank, but I wasn't totally impressed with that facility.

Thanks for any info~!

PS> I'm not Armenian but I love Zankou Chicken! LOL

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln