Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:59 AM

Default Saiga 12

Hey there guys/gals just wanted to ask some fellow Californians about the Saiga 12. I just purchased the shotgun about a month ago it does have the maglock installed, but I am wanting to change the stock to a pistol grip stock from Mississippi Auto Arms. It is for stock assembly so no moving the trigger forward or anything like that, heres the link http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/s...bly-p-150.html So my question is do I need to stay 922r compliant and change a bunch of parts to usa made? it seems like the guys over at the Saiga forum don't care to much about cali law so here I am hoping to find info that i can use and from people in the same state as me thanks in advance.

Carlos
Old 03-03-2011, 11:18 AM

922r is not a california law...it is a federal law and you should make sure you are in compliance no matter what state you are in.

B
Old 03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member

First off there is the obligatory:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=922r

The first link is the best layman's version of the law I've seen. That is probably why it is the very first link...

To your specific question, a pistol grip is a non sporting feature per BATFE and "imported" rifles can't have them.

Welcome to the forum BTW!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

That's a good stock, I have one on mine. I pre-ordered the Kushanpup awhile ago, so I haven't bothered doing the conversion - that stock is very solid for a non-conversion stock. The cheapest way you can comply with 922r after adding that stock is to switch to purely US made mags - that will count towards the three remaining parts you need to replace. Keep in mind if you do that, you can ONLY use US made mags (AGP, Surefire et al.) Your other option is to switch out the gas puck, forearm and muzzle device - then you can use any mags you want.

Here's a pic of mine with the ACE stock, CHAOS forearm, Kings brake and you can't see it, but there is the Kings puck in there too.
iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:44 PM

sorry.... but, Man that stock is UGLY... If you going pistol grip do it the right way. Restore the firearm to original configuration. It is EASY to do all by yourself. You'll probably end up there anyways, after your waste your money on that stock

Old 03-03-2011, 1:04 PM

I wonder if the US parts have to be stamped "US"; my KA gas puck isn't. But then again 922r is pretty vague
Old 03-03-2011, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearmspro View Post
922r is not a california law...it is a federal law and you should make sure you are in compliance no matter what state you are in.

B
right on thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox485 View Post
First off there is the obligatory:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=922r

The first link is the best layman's version of the law I've seen. That is probably why it is the very first link...

To your specific question, a pistol grip is a non sporting feature per BATFE and "imported" rifles can't have them.

Welcome to the forum BTW!
thanks for the link and the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by djleisure View Post
That's a good stock, I have one on mine. I pre-ordered the Kushanpup awhile ago, so I haven't bothered doing the conversion - that stock is very solid for a non-conversion stock. The cheapest way you can comply with 922r after adding that stock is to switch to purely US made mags - that will count towards the three remaining parts you need to replace. Keep in mind if you do that, you can ONLY use US made mags (AGP, Surefire et al.) Your other option is to switch out the gas puck, forearm and muzzle device - then you can use any mags you want.

Here's a pic of mine with the ACE stock, CHAOS forearm, Kings brake and you can't see it, but there is the Kings puck in there too.
thats what im talking about looks awesome looks like ill be ordering us parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokmeup View Post
sorry.... but, Man that stock is UGLY... If you going pistol grip do it the right way. Restore the firearm to original configuration. It is EASY to do all by yourself. You'll probably end up there anyways, after your waste your money on that stock

yeah i agree with you doing the full conversion looks better but right now money is tight so the cheap way for now will have to do thanks
Old 03-03-2011, 1:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Is that the same bolt on Tromix skeleton stock and SAW grip as shown on the miss website for $140? It would be pretty cool if folded the shotgun was 26-inches.
"The message we’re sending is…not here, not now, we’re prepared for you. And if you seek to harm our children, we will neutralize that threat and you will most likely be killed." Fontana PD Chief Rodney Jones on the FUSD decision to have AR-15s on school campuses.

CGF Contributor
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Beretta, GLOCK, SA-Colt AR15/M16, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Old 03-03-2011, 1:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911su16b870 View Post
Is that the same bolt on Tromix skeleton stock and SAW grip as shown on the miss website for $140? It would be pretty cool if folded the shotgun was 26-inches.
That is the ACE stock w/ SAW grip, but they are very similar. At Carolina Shooters Supply it's about $120 out the door (http://store.carolinashooterssupply....ONS/Categories). The folding version actually would be fine length-wise, unfortunately you cannot have a folding/collapsing stock on a semi-auto, pistol grip shotgun.
iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

Last edited by djleisure; 03-03-2011 at 1:57 PM..
Old 03-03-2011, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLeEpWaLkeR View Post
yeah i agree with you doing the full conversion looks better but right now money is tight so the cheap way for now will have to do thanks
For about $40 more you can convert using the Tapco original AK style stock.