Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-03-2006, 6:05 PM

Default Pump-action AR-15 (pics)

Has this been discussed before?

http://www.dlaskarms.com/pac5.html

Old 10-03-2006, 6:07 PM

I've seen a guy shooting his pump action AK-47 (.223 cal.) at Richmond Rod and Gun Club. It's a single shot rifle but looks like an AK-47. Pretty cool
Old 10-03-2006, 6:08 PM

I don't know about any discussion but I do know that if the lower can accept a standard upper its no different that any other AR.
Old 10-03-2006, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
I don't know about any discussion but I do know that if the lower can accept a standard upper its no different that any other AR.
What about the rimfire guys? They are rolling with p-grips and detchable mag.
Old 10-03-2006, 6:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
What's an "AR" your honor? I see a lower receiver for a pump action rifle. Oh, you mean a "AR" as defined by Roberti-Roos or the Harrot ruling? Or a generic feature "AR" as defined by SB-23, or possibly a "Off-List lower"? Hmmm....I see none of that "AR"-ness here, I see a pump action rifle that resembles this "AR" you speak of, no different than pump action rifle that resembles a "Kalashnikov".

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
"Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze
Old 10-03-2006, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
From the looks of the AR-15 pump rifle in the photo the Canadian government and PRK are in agreement with you. The lower in the photo appears unable to accept a milspec AR-15 upper.
Old 10-03-2006, 6:37 PM

DPMS Inc makes a pump action AR. It looks the same as the Canadian version, but it's very very expensive.
Old 10-03-2006, 6:41 PM
Veteran Member

I think these solutions are primarily engineered toward markets that have even more stringent gun control than Ca

While they certainly trump pointy sticks, I fail to see any real advantage - other than the tacticool factor - to unencumbered gun owners. I can just see the marketing tag: the awesome power of the .223 meets the lightning speed of the pump-action

My bottom line - evil looks + slower operation + low power compares to other manual longarm solutions = leaves much to be desired. If you want something manual, why not an 870 or 500 shotgun or a lever action rifle? Lighter and more maneuverable = pistol caliber carbine.

*whew* Dang, I'm cynical. After all, I don't have anything against these guns except the existence of more utilitarian alternatives.
Old 10-03-2006, 6:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot
My bottom line - evil looks + slower operation + low power compares to other manual longarm solutions = leaves much to be desired. If you want something manual, why not an 870 or 500 shotgun or a lever action rifle? Lighter and more maneuverable = pistol caliber carbine.
Remington 7600 series for the win! .308 in a pump action from ten-round mags.

"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gifNRA Member
Old 10-03-2006, 6:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikphoto
I've seen a guy shooting his pump action AK-47 (.223 cal.) at Richmond Rod and Gun Club. It's a single shot rifle but looks like an AK-47. Pretty cool
Wait, huh? AK47 in .223? Never heard of it...I have heard of the AK74 in 5.45xsomething....

Also, is it single shot or magazine fed pump action...

Not cool.

Last edited by ohsmily; 10-03-2006 at 7:25 PM..
Old 10-03-2006, 6:51 PM

Wow.....

I didn't make a definative statement I said "if".

From the statements above it sounds to me that if I bought the DPMS 22 AR it would be somehow different than the regural 223 AR even though they both use the same receiver?

I guess I should read more of the legal forum..
Old 10-03-2006, 6:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily
Wait, huh? AK47 in .223? Never heard of it...I have heard of the AK75 in 5.45xsomething....

Not cool.
It's called the PAR-3.

There is also a PAR-1 chambered in 7.62X39. Also, it is the AK74 that is chambered in 5.45X39.

PAR-3

What is a PAR-3?

A PAR-3 is a P.D.B (Produced During assualt weapons Ban) Romanian pump action clone of an actual Romanian prototype rifle, that utilized the 5.56*45 round to be in compliance with NATO . This rifle has a pistol grip and can accept Hi-capacity magazines made for the SAR-3. The rifle is the results of "niche" market for those in states, such as California, a chance to own a rifle similar to the SAR-3. This rifle uses a pump action to cycle the rounds and is not semi-automatic. It uses the standard United States 5.56*45mm cartridge. The fit and finish of this rifle is average. There are a few reports of trigger slap but I have not heard enough of them to warrant any concern. The pump action system I assume is still based on that of the Kalashnikov design so reliability is probably good unless one doesn't complete the pumping action all the way. I do not know what exactly the part count is (if you know email me) but it's probably close to that of the SAR-1. The advantages of this rifle are its very cheap domestic ammo, ability to use hi-capacity magazines, and that it can be owned by those "trapped" in states where semi-auto versions are banned. I would stay away from this rifle because they are expensive, they most likely lose some of the reliability the AK is know for, and replacement parts are probably impossible to come buy. These go for about $360 but don't pay over $400.

http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model2.htm

Last edited by blacklisted; 10-04-2006 at 11:06 AM..
Old 10-03-2006, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Wait, huh? AK47 in .223? Never heard of it...I have heard of the AK75 in 5.45xsomething....

Not cool.

LOL... I should have said it "resembled an AK-47 rifle, but it shoots .223"... I asked the guy, he said it's a .223, saw the ammo he used (radway green 5.56)

The one I saw had a removable 10rd. mag (legal?)
Old 10-03-2006, 7:24 PM
Calguns Addict

I am familiar with the 7.62x39 one. I didn't know they made it in .223...

I think they are pretty lame. You might as well get a mini-30 or mini-14...
Old 10-03-2006, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacklisted
What is a PAR-3?

A PAR-3 is a P.D.B (Produced During assualt weapons Ban) Romanian pump action clone of an actual Romanian prototype rifle, that utilized the 5.56*45 round to be in compliance with NATO . This rifle has a pistol grip and can accept Hi-capacity magazines made for the SAR-3. The rifle is the results of "niche" market for those in states, such as California, a chance to own a rifle similar to the SAR-3. This rifle uses a pump action to cycle the rounds and is not semi-automatic. It uses the standard United States 5.56*45mm cartridge. The fit and finish of this rifle is average. There are a few reports of trigger slap but I have not heard enough of them to warrant any concern. The pump action system I assume is still based on that of the Kalashnikov design so reliability is probably good unless one doesn't complete the pumping action all the way. I do not know what exactly the part count is (if you know email me) but it's probably close to that of the SAR-1. The advantages of this rifle are its very cheap domestic ammo, ability to use hi-capacity magazines, and that it can be owned by those "trapped" in states where semi-auto versions are banned. I would stay away from this rifle because they are expensive, they most likely lose some of the reliability the AK is know for, and replacement parts are probably impossible to come buy. These go for about $360 but don't pay over $400.
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model2.htm
I thought this sounded familiar
Old 10-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My PAR-1 in its normal configuration:

My PAR-1 wearing 1965 Romanian furniture and using the charging handle instead of pump slide:

That parts kit went on to become a real AK this year, but until I got that, it was being used for looks on the PAR-1.

Last edited by grammaton76; 02-14-2011 at 1:16 AM..
Old 10-04-2006, 6:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Wait, huh? AK47 in .223? Never heard of it...I have heard of the AK74 in 5.45xsomething....

Not cool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-101

VEPR can be chanbered in 5.45x39, .223, 7.62x39 and 7.62NATO
WTB: CZ452
Old 10-04-2006, 9:04 AM

Default Cool and all...

But isn't that the Remington 7615 answer? Ar-15 mags, pump action friendleyness? It seems pretty tough to hang "tacticool" stuff off it but its the answer I'm looking at.

As far as the mini 14 goes, I want a gun that *Works* with reliable mags available out of the box. I really want to like the mini, but there are just too many issues. Off list fun is fun, but as handy as I am, I really don't want to bet my life on it.

YMMV
RGB