Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 10-02-2006, 6:32 PM

Default Gonna get my C&R... Just want to clarify

Well I'm gonna get a C&R next month, and just want to clarify what I know correct me if im wrong...
-I can have long guns sent to my door as long as theyre 50+ years old and a c&r. 1955 and older now, next year it will be 1956 and older correct.
- I can go out of state and buy a c&r handgun, personally bring it back, then register it ($19) within 5 days (what is the form #)
- I can go out of state and buy a rifle that is a C&R that is LESS than 50 years old and personally bring it back ( same thing as a 50+ gun correct)
-No evil features allowed
-question: if im at a CA gun show and see a c&r rifle on a table that I like 50+ or older can I cash and carry or does dros and wait still apply.
- P2P transfers of c&r long guns require no DROS or wait.
- does anyone know who the CLEO for Riverside is?
Thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 9:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Well I'm gonna get a C&R next month, and just want to clarify what I know correct me if im wrong...
-I can have long guns sent to my door as long as theyre 50+ years old and a c&r. 1955 and older now, next year it will be 1956 and older correct.
- I can go out of state and buy a c&r handgun, personally bring it back, then register it ($19) within 5 days (what is the form #)
- I can go out of state and buy a rifle that is a C&R that is LESS than 50 years old and personally bring it back ( same thing as a 50+ gun correct)
-No evil features allowed
-question: if im at a CA gun show and see a c&r rifle on a table that I like 50+ or older can I cash and carry or does dros and wait still apply.
- P2P transfers of c&r long guns require no DROS or wait.
- does anyone know who the CLEO for Riverside is?
Sounds like you have it pretty well nailed down. Regarding gunshow or shop, it's cash and carry only if you have a Certificate of Exemption (COE). Otherwise you'll have to DROS/wait. And the CLEO for most places is the local Sheriff.

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 10-02-2006, 9:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I sent the copy of my application to the Riverside Chief of Police.

You typically send it to your city police chief. If you have none, then you send to the county Sheriff.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 10-02-2006, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj
I sent the copy of my application to the Riverside Chief of Police.

You typically send it to your city police chief. If you have none, then you send to the county Sheriff.
You can send it to either your county's sheriff or your city's police chief, it does not matter.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhondaz50
The Form # is FD4100A. You can call CalDOJ Firearms Division at (916)263-4887 to order it, or you can download a PDF version I made...

C&R Handgun Report Form

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin
Old 10-03-2006, 6:18 AM

You can cash and carry a 50+ long gun from a gunshow without a COE, as long as you buy from a private party or from a C&R holder.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:06 AM

Thanks, one more question. If I buy c&r handgun out of state and bring it in can it be less than 50 years old (like bringing a Long gun) or does a pistol HAVE to be 50+. Also can I bring multiple hanguns back with me or does one a month apply to bringing back C&R guns.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thanks, one more question. If I buy c&r handgun out of state and bring it in can it be less than 50 years old (like bringing a Long gun) or does a pistol HAVE to be 50+. Also can I bring multiple hanguns back with me or does one a month apply to bringing back C&R guns.
Thanks
50+ rule applies for all C&R firearms. You may bring in multiple handguns. You need to register them all using the form on the DoJ website.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 10-03-2006, 8:36 PM
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
If I buy c&r handgun out of state and bring it in can it be less than 50 years old (like bringing a Long gun) or does a pistol HAVE to be 50+.
C&R handguns and long guns that you purchase while you are out of state and bring back yourself don't have to be 50+ years old. They just have to be C&R.

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin
Old 10-04-2006, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj
50+ rule applies for all C&R firearms. You may bring in multiple handguns. You need to register them all using the form on the DoJ website.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf
The 50 year old rule is just one of the criteria used by the Feds to determine C&R eligibility. There are many C&R firearms that are less than 50 years old. California uses the Federal definition.

Contrary to some opinions, there is nothing in California law that says a firearm has to be over 50 years old to be a C&R.

The url you posted was for the wrong registration form. The proper form to register C&R firearms brought into the state is BCIA 4100A, which Amendment II posted above.

Last edited by EOD Guy; 10-04-2006 at 4:47 AM..