Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-02-2006, 6:32 PM
superhondaz50's Avatar
superhondaz50 superhondaz50 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TACO BELL
Posts: 1,586
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default Gonna get my C&R... Just want to clarify

Well I'm gonna get a C&R next month, and just want to clarify what I know correct me if im wrong...
-I can have long guns sent to my door as long as theyre 50+ years old and a c&r. 1955 and older now, next year it will be 1956 and older correct.
- I can go out of state and buy a c&r handgun, personally bring it back, then register it ($19) within 5 days (what is the form #)
- I can go out of state and buy a rifle that is a C&R that is LESS than 50 years old and personally bring it back ( same thing as a 50+ gun correct)
-No evil features allowed
-question: if im at a CA gun show and see a c&r rifle on a table that I like 50+ or older can I cash and carry or does dros and wait still apply.
- P2P transfers of c&r long guns require no DROS or wait.
- does anyone know who the CLEO for Riverside is?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2006, 9:29 PM
Fate's Avatar
Fate Fate is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Proud Member of the Quitter Club. Moscow, ID
Posts: 9,111
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Well I'm gonna get a C&R next month, and just want to clarify what I know correct me if im wrong...
-I can have long guns sent to my door as long as theyre 50+ years old and a c&r. 1955 and older now, next year it will be 1956 and older correct.
- I can go out of state and buy a c&r handgun, personally bring it back, then register it ($19) within 5 days (what is the form #)
- I can go out of state and buy a rifle that is a C&R that is LESS than 50 years old and personally bring it back ( same thing as a 50+ gun correct)
-No evil features allowed
-question: if im at a CA gun show and see a c&r rifle on a table that I like 50+ or older can I cash and carry or does dros and wait still apply.
- P2P transfers of c&r long guns require no DROS or wait.
- does anyone know who the CLEO for Riverside is?
Sounds like you have it pretty well nailed down. Regarding gunshow or shop, it's cash and carry only if you have a Certificate of Exemption (COE). Otherwise you'll have to DROS/wait. And the CLEO for most places is the local Sheriff.
__________________
"On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-02-2006, 9:37 PM
ocabj's Avatar
ocabj ocabj is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Riverside
Posts: 7,170
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

I sent the copy of my application to the Riverside Chief of Police.

You typically send it to your city police chief. If you have none, then you send to the county Sheriff.
__________________

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-02-2006, 9:58 PM
mow mow is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Pleasanton
Posts: 816
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj
I sent the copy of my application to the Riverside Chief of Police.

You typically send it to your city police chief. If you have none, then you send to the county Sheriff.
You can send it to either your county's sheriff or your city's police chief, it does not matter.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Mssr. Eleganté's Avatar
Mssr. Eleganté Mssr. Eleganté is offline
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,364
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhondaz50
- I can go out of state and buy a c&r handgun, personally bring it back, then register it ($19) within 5 days (what is the form #)
The Form # is FD4100A. You can call CalDOJ Firearms Division at (916)263-4887 to order it, or you can download a PDF version I made...

C&R Handgun Report Form
__________________
__________________

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-03-2006, 6:18 AM
luvtolean's Avatar
luvtolean luvtolean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,064
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

You can cash and carry a 50+ long gun from a gunshow without a COE, as long as you buy from a private party or from a C&R holder.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-03-2006, 11:06 AM
superhondaz50's Avatar
superhondaz50 superhondaz50 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TACO BELL
Posts: 1,586
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Thanks, one more question. If I buy c&r handgun out of state and bring it in can it be less than 50 years old (like bringing a Long gun) or does a pistol HAVE to be 50+. Also can I bring multiple hanguns back with me or does one a month apply to bringing back C&R guns.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-03-2006, 11:25 AM
ocabj's Avatar
ocabj ocabj is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Riverside
Posts: 7,170
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhondaz50
Thanks, one more question. If I buy c&r handgun out of state and bring it in can it be less than 50 years old (like bringing a Long gun) or does a pistol HAVE to be 50+. Also can I bring multiple hanguns back with me or does one a month apply to bringing back C&R guns.
Thanks
50+ rule applies for all C&R firearms. You may bring in multiple handguns. You need to register them all using the form on the DoJ website.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf
__________________

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-03-2006, 8:36 PM
Mssr. Eleganté's Avatar
Mssr. Eleganté Mssr. Eleganté is offline
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,364
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhondaz50
If I buy c&r handgun out of state and bring it in can it be less than 50 years old (like bringing a Long gun) or does a pistol HAVE to be 50+.
C&R handguns and long guns that you purchase while you are out of state and bring back yourself don't have to be 50+ years old. They just have to be C&R.
__________________
__________________

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2006, 4:43 AM
EOD Guy's Avatar
EOD Guy EOD Guy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 1,229
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj
50+ rule applies for all C&R firearms. You may bring in multiple handguns. You need to register them all using the form on the DoJ website.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/volreg.pdf
The 50 year old rule is just one of the criteria used by the Feds to determine C&R eligibility. There are many C&R firearms that are less than 50 years old. California uses the Federal definition.

Contrary to some opinions, there is nothing in California law that says a firearm has to be over 50 years old to be a C&R.

The url you posted was for the wrong registration form. The proper form to register C&R firearms brought into the state is BCIA 4100A, which Amendment II posted above.

Last edited by EOD Guy; 10-04-2006 at 4:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:16 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.