Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 02-25-2011, 2:30 PM

Default Need Help with 1906 Savage .22 pump rifle***Bought one.

I am cleaning up and going to put up for auction a nice 1906 Savage pump rifle in .22 LR. I am doing it for a WWII vet who is quite sick now. He gave two rimfires to me to sell for him. I am almost done cleaning up the Savage but the magazine is missing which is very common with these old guns.
I need a Savage 1903,06 or 09 original magazine, the one that attaches to the trigger guard.
I have tried Bob's, Gun Parts Corp, and done a lot of web searches. All I found was a couple really pitted originals on auction and a bunch of $35 reproductions.
I'd like to get an original to get this guy his best auction price. Any one got a clue on these? There are probably a couple dozen sitting in parts bins at gun shows across the country.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Fred C Dobbs; 03-01-2011 at 2:51 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 7:32 PM

Default 1906 Savage .22lr

I have one that was given to me by my Great Grand Aunt. It belonged to my Great Grand Uncle and he bought it when he was a kid in 1906. I have the original 7 rnd mag for it, and I am looking for more. If you do come across more than one, please let me know. The only difference I can see between yours and mine, is I have a flip up peep sight just forward of the safety. Nice rifle you have there, there a hell of a tack driver

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson...

One smart Founding Father. How the hell did he know?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:42 PM

You might try the Costa Mesa gun show that's going to be the first weekend in June at the OC Fairgrounds.

Neat looking old gun. Good luck with the restoration.