Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default EAA Witness .45 price check

What is the going rate for a EAA Witness .45 full size in great condition with 13 ten rd mags? (found a great deal on mags, so I bought ten on an impulse buy)

Round count is unknown but way under a thousand. I never keep track of exact count.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:48 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I bought mine with 3 mags for $350 last year.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:56 AM

around 350 to 400
Old 02-16-2011, 1:03 AM
Dinosaur

steel frame all black?
Old 02-16-2011, 4:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Are they on the roster? Out here they go for $3-400 as nick and ih8ca said.
You'll probably have an easier time selling the magazines separately on Gunbroker or something. Most people won't want to pay $300 extra, even for so many mags.
Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

- from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
(Revised Eastern Sect Edition)
Old 02-16-2011, 4:58 AM
Lifetime Contributor #1
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Dont know why, but that gun definitely 'caught my eye'. Little OT, but how do you like it?
Old 02-16-2011, 10:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
steel frame all black?
Yes
Old 02-16-2011, 11:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post
Dont know why, but that gun definitely 'caught my eye'. Little OT, but how do you like it?
I must admit, they shoot very nice. I have owned three of them over the years, and all had very tight groups. All have worked perfect with out issiue.

I just have the 1911 bug right now.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

wow 13 mags

i think there are basically 3 different magazines

1 the promag not too good
2 the tanfoglio mags (they dont have the dimples on the body) so they can accept the + bottoms they used to make for the 38 super race gun

3 mec gar the best feeding and have the best finish sturdy feel
Old 02-16-2011, 12:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknow View Post
Hit and miss, in my experience. I have a steel frame Witness in .45. It didn't even feed 230gr FMJs reliably until I polished the feed ramp, tightened the lips of the factory mags (so no, it wasn't the case of 'Promag strikes again'), and replaced the recoil and hammer springs with Wolff springs (standard weight); and it didn't eject reliably, either, until the springs were replaced. Once all that was done, it began to feed pretty much everything (even the CCI shotshells) and the ejection problems went away. It's also quite accurate, and would be even more accurate with a better trigger. I polished all the internals to make the trigger feel smoother (which it did), and am planning to play with the lighter weight springs to see if I can make the double action trigger a bit lighter without sacrificing reliability. However, there're about 10 projects in front of this one, so it might be a while until I get around to it. I'm also getting a 10mm slide assembly for it.

On the other hand, another Witness I have, Elite Match in .40, if one of my favorite handguns. I've never had any issues with it of any kind, it's VERY accurate even with cheap Federal ammo, and the trigger is wonderful. .40 is usually a bit snappy, especially with lighter bullets, but it doesn't feel snappy with this gun (and no, it's not ported). Until I got my Dan Wesson 1911s, this was my favorite handgun to shoot (it made me feel better about my marksmanship, you see ). Now it's one of the 3-5 of my favorite guns to shoot (the extra two are Glocks 34 and 35, but they only become my favorites when I go shooting in the desert. They're still almost as accurate and easy to shoot, and I don't have to care about things like dust, mud, you get the idea).

And the nice part about Witnesses is that you can easily convert them into different calibers by replacing the slide assembly and mags. I'm yet to test it though. I did try the Witness Elite Match with a 10mm barrel though (no need to replace the entire slide for that conversion, and the mags for 10mm and .40 are the same). That one worked fine.

To the OP - I'll gladly take that Witness off your hands. It'll make a handy 10mm gun.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.