Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Permit/License To Carry Training Classes & Experiences Discuss Concealed Carry Permit/License classes here.

Old 08-15-2011, 1:17 PM

Default Lagomarsino's Fire Arms Institute

Just completed Wesley Largomarsino's CA CCW course. I researched the web to find the right course and I have to tell you that I can't imagine that there is a better available course out there. This is one of the most "Professional" courses I have ever experienced in the use of handguns, period. With previous extensive experiences in Law Enforcement, Wesley is "above and beyond" qualified and one should consider themselves fortunate to have the opportunity to take his course.

Wesley is a down-to-earth kind of guy, that makes the course fun and enjoyable. He is highly energetic and always gives students time for questions and great stories directly related to educating you on the use and safety of handguns.

Even in a class of 15, you felt as though you were in a "one-on-one" situation. His range tactics are technical and deliberate to ensure all on the range are safe. He also had another instructor there named Joe Truesdale, that was equally professional and fun to be around. A serious competition shooter with many helpful pointers on how to better your shooting techniques.

No egos involved here. Everyone had a great time and you left with a wealth of information which you had never thought about before. I talked to friends that are CCW holders and mentioned just a few things from the course that they were unaware of that could be vital if a shooting ever occurred. I won't tell you what their response was, but it was a four letter word followed by, "I didn't know that."

Carrying a CCW is not something that's "cool to do" It is one of the greatest responsibilities you will ever have in your life besides having children. If or when a shooting occurs, it could destroy your life "legally" (even if you were "justified") as well as the one you shoot. If you plan to carry concealed get the best training you can get. I highly recommend that you consider this course as your training source.
Old 08-26-2011, 8:27 PM
Banned

Another THUMBS UP FROM ME. I have been to numerous classes on weapon use etc. Being a former LEO myself, I was not expecting much. WOW was I wrong. I was able to secure a smaller weekday class, and was so amazed I immediately requested an advanced course, the following weekend. Wes is extremely knowledgeable and likable. His firsthand experience, he brings to the table is worth the $$$ alone. His level of instruction is far superior to most of the training I have received over the years. Being and X-LEO out for over 6 years, I was rusty. With Wes and his knowledge I was back in the game within a few mags..

I personally recommend this class for everybody. You will have fun and learn a lot in the process. When CCW'd, training will come into play if you ever use force. This training will help prepare you for and what to expect after.

I rarely put my name behind anybody... I told Wes, I would, without a doubt, put my name behind him and what he does. He has earned a lifelong student and friend out of me! Anybody who has ANY questions about this class or instructor can call me anytime!

916-997-2140 Ask for Ben....
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Oy vey
CGN Contributor

Yet another thumbs up! Wesley and Joe are top notch... no ego's and full of insight both from the LEO and private citizen point of view. Wesley's passion for training and the idea of NOT being a victim is very clear. They gave us real life scenario's that were practical and applied to everyday life. Clearing up the misinformation about where and when to carry was also very helpful. I will be taking advanced courses with them.

IMHO using a firearm is a lifelong learning process and every trip to the range should have a specific goal in mind. Wesley's training is spot on and exactly what I will be needing to improve my shooting skills moving forward.
Old 08-29-2011, 3:29 PM

This was a very informative course, that went in-depth with various scenarios played out. I went into the course hoping to learn a lot, and I was not disappointed. Going out to the range with Wes and Joe was an eye opener for someone like myself who really appreciated the hands-on instruction that they provide.

You will have all aspects of your shooting habits properly evaluated and come out of the experience with more confidence than when you went in. It was great interacting with other students who are there with the same goal of becoming an effective member of our community.

I will definitely be looking forward to an advanced course from LFI in the future. They know from experience what you will need to know to succeed.
Old 08-29-2011, 7:42 PM

Wes is very energetic and knowledgeable. One of, if not the best firearms instructors I have ever had. I went in thinking I knew alot, but I learned alot more. Both on the legal, and on the hands on. I would recommend to beginers and experts. I will be taking other classes with LFI.
Old 08-30-2011, 4:43 PM
Oy vey
CGN Contributor

I started a YELP listing for Wesley, feel free to review..

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lagomarsino-...jko0R2gvBV5vdA
Old 08-30-2011, 6:10 PM
Vendor/Retailer

I've heard great things about Wes. I referred one of my friends to him and he was very satisfied.
01 FFL

Monday-Friday 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
Saturday 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Closed on Sundays

https://www.facebook.com/MTGFirearms
(916) 525-5229
bob@mtgfirearms.com

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-13-2011, 8:33 PM

Just got home from a 16 hour CCW class with Wes had a great time learned alot I look forward to taking more training with Wes Thanks a bunch Tim
Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMSJEEP1969 View Post
Just got home from a 16 hour CCW class with Wes had a great time learned alot I look forward to taking more training with Wes Thanks a bunch Tim
I just completed my CCW training with Wes as well. It was very informative and I too had a great time. I highly recommend everyone to take his class. You won't regret it. It was nice to meet a couple of Calguns members there such as Tim.

-Hong
Old 11-14-2011, 5:46 PM

i will continue to patronize Wes and drive ALL the way to SVSC to do renewals and new quals. hes THAT awesome.
Old 11-14-2011, 7:52 PM

Thank you Gentlemen for keeping my thread alive! I wish only the best for Wes, I really believe that he is exactly the kind of instructor that the firearm community needs to promote a good image. Keep up the good work Wes!
Old 11-14-2011, 9:35 PM

I trained with Wes this weekend also and loved every minute of it. I highly recommend it and have been telling others getting a permit to go to him.
Lots of fun and extremely informative. Already planning on taking a couple of his other courses and joining SVSC.

-Dan
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 AM

Great job once again Wes and Joe! We enjoyed a surprise extra-curricular activity, which was a lot of fun. "Think SWAT team training".
Old 11-15-2011, 3:06 AM

quick question that i couldnt find on his website or here so far:

which part of town is the range and classroom at?

thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 5:27 AM

Hi CA ccw classes and qualifications are done at Sac Valley.

Link:
http://www.sacvalley.org/contact.html

And I just want to add another thumbs up for Wes! His class was excellent.

Life Member
Old 11-15-2011, 7:21 PM

classroom training is done near watt and el camino in sacramento
Old 11-15-2011, 7:26 PM

We had our classroom and range at Sac Valley shoot club if you have never been there its worth the drive
Old 11-22-2011, 11:14 PM

Had a tremendous time at Wes' ccw training class. Highly recommend anyone to check out his site http://lfiguns.com/. I can simply say, its the best bang for your buck!
Old 11-23-2011, 9:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My son and I took Wes' class together. I already had my LTC, but had taken a different course, so thought it would be interesting- and I would learn more- to take Wes' class as my son worked on his LTC. I did indeed learn a lot more, and had a great time. Highly recommend Wes' class to all.

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Old 11-23-2011, 7:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I attended Wes' class last month and it was phenomenal! The class was absolutely top notch in every way imaginable! I definitely recommend attending Wes' classes!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."- Ernest Hemingway
Old 11-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

Wes is a great guy. He knows a LOT and has certainly come a long way since he first really got going last year. For Sacramento County, he's a real asset! I can't recommend him highly enough.
Old 02-05-2012, 8:07 PM

Default Thank You!

This is the first time I've read all of these uplifting comments. Thank you guys very much. You're making me blush! Maybe I'll forward this thread to my mom.

I will continue to grow my education and improve my business and the level of education that I provide. No matter how good you get at anything, there's always room to improve. Thank you for supporting me and spreading your comments to other awesome people just like yourselves!

As always, if you need anything, feel free to call - (209) 401-0907.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah & Virginia

www.LFIguns.com - serving the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 02-05-2012, 9:31 PM

I was a bit indecisive, but from reading the comments I'll hit Wes up for training.

I'm still awaiting my approval
Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 PM

Add One more thumbs up for Wes. I was in his class 2 weeks ago and I plan on returning for level 2 and more. I think we did around 18 hrs all together and I was never bored or uninterested at any time during the class. Felt safe during the entire live fire portion of the class also as firearm safety was very well emphasized.

Thank you Wes.

Brian
Old 02-07-2012, 9:24 AM

One more big +1 for Wes. Great class. I look forward in training with him in the future!
Old 02-13-2012, 5:16 PM

is Wes' class Sacramento Sheriff Department approved with their new requirements?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:25 AM

absolutely..Wes is qualified..I even had the Sacto deputy at my final appointment give positive comments on using Wes.
Old 02-24-2012, 7:44 PM

Took Wes' class a couple of weeks ago. I posted my thoughts here, so I won't repeat them.

I can second BrokerB comments. The detective at my final appt also had good things to say about Wes.

Thanks again Wes for a great class. Looking forward to taking more with you in the future.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:40 AM

I can't say enough positive things about Wes. My wife and I took our CCW class with him at Sac Valley. After we signed up, my wife was starting to go sideways and not too crazy about the idea of carrying a gun. We talked it over, and I told her she should at least go and get some good gun training from a pro. By lunchtime the first day, she was so jacked up and excited about the class. We have had our interviews (Placer County) and waiting for that to go through.

All I can say is it is so clear that Wes seriously cares about teaching proper gun handling and shooting accurately. He offers more classes, and we will be signing up for those soon. Thanks Wes!
Old 05-24-2012, 5:36 PM

I agree with rbaker5150, I was in the same class as he and his wife, and it was an awesome class and Wes is a standup guy, my whole.experience with him from my first phone call inquiry to his follow up emails after class has been first rate!!
Old 08-19-2012, 11:08 PM

Default CCW LTC training testimony appreciation

Thank you guys so much. Your kind words are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

I will continue to provide an up-to-date, progressive, open minded education to everyone who attends my courses!

Thanks again and stay safe!
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah & Virginia

www.LFIguns.com - serving the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 08-21-2012, 10:39 PM

I took my initial 16-hour CCW training course with Wes and Joe from reading reviews on Calguns and let me tell you that those reviews were spot on. The instruction is top notch and very professional. They keep the material interesting with their personal stories to relate to topics and they definitely know their portion of the CA penal code. I remember Wes stating penal codes almost verbatim during lecture. Their on the fire range instruction is very professional and safety is their number one concern. They won't be shy to tell you that your effed up big time if you did something very stupid like muzzling someone or decocking a 1911 (SMH yes this happened during my class). Their attention to detail is very good and they make it seem as close to one on one training as possible. Both instructors are very accomplished shooters in both real life scenarios and the competition world. I have taken the Level 2 CCW class from them and am looking forward to CCW Level 3 and more. For the price of their class I wouldn't hesitate to take more classes with them. Well worth your money.
Old 08-22-2012, 8:56 AM
CGN Contributor

I've been handling firearms almost my entire life, as well as 22+ years in the military. I got more out of the 2-day class with Wes and Joe than any other weapons training I've done! They are awesome instructors, very easy to interact with and very professional!! I have taken the 16hr CCW class and the Home Defensive Shotgun Level I , but havenj't had time to get into any other classes. I highly recommend these two guys!

Make sure you wear a hoody on the range day though, they love people in hoodies! LOL
Old 09-06-2012, 6:08 PM

I took my CCW class from Wes 18 months or so ago. It was money well spent.
Wes is professional and has a great attitude and connects with all his students.

In addition I've completed:
Utah / Oregon / Virginia 4 Hour CCW Course - Sacramento
Two Day Defensive Pistol #1 Class, WOW, amazing!

I've been a handgun owner and CCW holder for 20+ years and I can honestly say I am more confident and proficient since his classes than ever before.

I hope to take every class he offers because I know I will be a better gun owner for it!

Last edited by morecoffee70; 09-06-2012 at 6:20 PM..
Old 10-14-2012, 9:31 PM

Agreed with the above sentiments; Wes and Joe know their stuff! The lecture/teaching portion was spot-on in terms of getting the necessary stuff down without getting bogged in complexity. There's a ton of resources they provide if you want to tackle the minutiae on your own...

An added bonus is the chance to get an AZ CCW which has reciprocity with several other states, NV being the most important for our family situation.

The range portion was safe, educational, and most importantly fun!

Again, I highly recommend the CCW course, and if time and scheduling permits, I'll be taking the others offered as well!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 AM

Big thumbs up from me for both Wes and Joe. Completed my course this weekend and learned a lot, both instructors have a great wealth of knowledge that they're able to break down into real-world examples for the students. I fully intend to continue my training with them in the future.
Old 01-12-2013, 7:15 AM

Default Great Class!

I completed Wesley's pistol 1 course, it was my first handgun course. I took in a lot of information, and with just a little instruction I could see me accuracy improve. Wes was the only instructor there who helped me. I would recommend this course to anyone who wishes to learn who to handle a firearm safe and effective manor.
Old 01-13-2013, 5:56 PM

Default Wes how bout a love discount!

Lotta love here for Wes! I too attended a handgun course and have to say it was well worth the money... and i'm cheap (my wife has not upgraded me to frugal yet). Wes do I get a discount next class for saying nice things about you? Seriously he knows his stuff, I am a long time shooting enthusiast (old guy) and he had some great observations to improve my shooting. As soon as I can get some time Iwill be signing on for another class.

PS :Range Safety was top notch, like others have said if you do your part he and Joe will make it fun. A guy next to me swept me when a hot shell went down his back, I saw it and before I could open my mouth Wes was on it... guy was removed from the line in a friendly, direct and professional manner. Fortunately it was near the end of the day and the guy did not lose much range time but everybody was warned... do this and your done for the day.
'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
Joshua Boston

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

Last edited by Charlie50; 01-30-2013 at 5:59 AM..
Old 01-27-2013, 4:12 PM

Attended a CCW class with Wes & a private pistol proficiency course as well.
Really, really happy with both.
Below is the review I wrote on Yelp >>>>>

I was NOT a good shooter, despite going quite a few times to the shooting range.
Then I took Wes' & Joe's CCW class.

I learned a lot, and thanks to Wes' patient coaching I was able to qualify.
During the classroom portion, I had the opportunity to appreciate the vast amount of knowledge of the instructor: a former LEO, he had all kinds of story about violent encounters.
Furthermore, we watched & then discussed videos of actual shootings, and that was very useful. It made it all real. Amazing was also the in-depth knowledge of the instructors about laws, rules and regulations regarding firearms and self-defense.

During the shooting range portion of the class, I mostly appreciated the strict emphasis on gun safety; the clear rules & instructions; Wes' patient coaching; last but not least, the instructors' shooting skills. They know what they are talking about.

Despite having satisfied my training requirements for a CCW permit, I knew I still had a lot to learn, so I signed up for a private class with Wes, which I took last Thu.
I learned so much!!

I was impressed with my progress, and I credit Wes for it.
I went to be quite insecure about drawing from concealment to being able to draw and place accurate shots on targets at different distances in less than two seconds.

We went over a series of different drills, finding out my skill set "boundaries" and working in that "zone". I really appreciated how all the work was tailored to my skill level and to my needs. I felt supported & challenged at the same time.

We had a whole bay at the Sac Valley Shooting Center, and different targets (pin bowls, metal targets, regular targets). It was fun, at the end, to move from one position to another, engaging different targets on command. I was amazed I could do that in just 4 hours of work!

Highly recommended, money well spent.
Old 01-29-2013, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Gotta post here for Wes. After having taken my initial class with him, and now my renewal course, I have to say, there isn't another company out there I would send my money too. Sure you might get a cheaper class here or there, but the others I've seen have not been nearly as comprehensive. Also, you don't get the pleasure of working with Wes at any of the other schools. He is a wealth of information, extremely intelligent, and above all else, FUN to take a class with. He finds ways to keep you interested throughout the entire class. His qualification is also the most fun you'll get to have at any CCW course, while also meeting the permit requirements.

All in all, if you ask me, money spent doing ccw training elsewhere would be a waste.