Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: Which do you find more appealing?
Shooting 30 round magazines in a bullet button AR 53 26.24%
Shooting 10 round magazines in an AR with a normal mag release 149 73.76%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2011, 12:43 PM

Default Poll: Which would you rather have in California...

Just wonderin'
Old 01-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Think you mixed the two :P
Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Assuming that the normal mag release also means that I can keep all the other standard features on my AR, I'll take the normal mag release over the capacity. We can already use a standard mag release if we run featureless.

I'm confident that we will have both of these rights restored in the next ~5 years.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
SAF Committee of One Thousand

Last edited by Luieburger; 01-21-2011 at 1:16 PM..
Old 01-21-2011, 12:55 PM

I would much rather have the use of the firearm the way it was designed to be used. It should be my decisioin whether I want to use it single shot or belt fed or anything in between.
Old 01-21-2011, 1:01 PM
Calguns Addict

I can't accept either of the poll questions. Either one accedes to a violation of our rights.

I'd also note that there's an equal protection issue. I already have a featured AR-15 and I can use 30 round mags with no bullet button - it's a RAW.

I have a real problem with the idea that others should not have the same or better just because they were not old enough, didn't have enough money, or didn't perceive the need for this kind of firearm before the "ban" went into place.

It's unacceptable.
Old 01-21-2011, 1:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I have a real problem with the idea that others should not have the same or better just because they were not old enough, didn't have enough money, or didn't perceive the need for this kind of firearm before the "ban" went into place.

It's unacceptable.
I'm with you 100%
Old 01-21-2011, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

I object that modern designs are some how EVIL. I could build one but I hate the fact that one has to dance around a lot of cosmetic issues to make something that is lawful. Really 19th century arms are legal but 20th century are not. Someone is going to soil themselves when they see what is developed in the 21 century... even if it's not developed in California.
take care
Mike
""When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws donít protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957"
Old 01-21-2011, 1:43 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

If I could shoot beta C mags I wouldn't care what my mag release was since I would never need to use it
Old 01-21-2011, 1:43 PM

For me, yeah it would be nice to occasionally use a 30 round magazine, but for most common instances while target shooting, 30 rounds just get eaten up too fast and I end up spending more money on ammo.
I have standard cap mags (more than 10 rounds) for some of my rifles, but I rarely use them even though as configured, they are perfectly legal.
I stick to 10 round mags for economy, but it would be nice to do away with the silly bullet button. It doesn't really slow me down, it's just a nuisance with no discernible effects on crime reduction.
(Criminals can use 100 round mags on a fully 'evil' rifle without worries because if your already going to violate laws against murder, what difference does a silly little weapons charge make? And if you're already a convicted felon, so much the better. You're already prohibited by law from having a firearm of any type so why not go for the gusto?)

Proper full answer, eliminate both restrictions, but if I had to choose one, it would be the BB.
Old 01-21-2011, 5:20 PM

I cannot even vote on this one since I get to use an AR the way it was supposed to be.

Californian born and orginally from the Central Coast (Arroyo Grande, CA) who is currently serving in the Air National Guard of Missouri.

Old 01-21-2011, 7:43 PM
Banned

No liberty, so... death.
Old 01-21-2011, 8:02 PM

Location: Moreno Valley Province, Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

I want make cake and I want to eat it tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 8:15 PM

Personally, I enjoy dumping 30-round mags out of my RAW ARs without the aid of a bullet button.

I'd like to be able to keep one of them handy as my truck gun, or loan one to my daughter when she wants to take it to the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdHowdershelt
There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 PM

Too many altruists here on calguns. We are all criminals in one way or another. I can't wait to make CA legislators eat crow. I say after all is said and done, we make a calguns commercial and air it as a public service announcement thanking the state senate for violating our civil rights and telling them to come join us.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I can't accept either of the poll questions. Either one accedes to a violation of our rights.

I'd also note that there's an equal protection issue. I already have a featured AR-15 and I can use 30 round mags with no bullet button - it's a RAW.

It's unacceptable.
AMEN!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:

It's unacceptable.
This right here, is exactly how I feel. Although I don't have an RAW ( age was a limiting factor), I do feel the same way about it.
Old 01-22-2011, 1:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I would much rather be able to buy and register SBR and sound suppressors for my reg'd aw's. Oh wait...
Old 01-22-2011, 4:37 AM
Banned

Neither! I would rather have pre 89 conditions. Full capacity mags, no bullet button. NO COMPROMISE!
Old 01-22-2011, 5:36 AM

Quote:
This. I did not vote on either of the poll questions, both are unacceptable options.
Old 01-22-2011, 6:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Granted, both options truly stink, but the poll was which one you would rather have.

Personally, I would rather have stacks of 30 rounders sitting around and have a bullet button that is easily removed for SHTF situations. Just my opinion.

Side effect of the 30 rounders being legal would be all of my pistols being able to have normal capacity mags.

Old 01-22-2011, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Normal mag release.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Calguns Addict

i think any law that prevents me for owning the gun i want needs to be put to rest.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 AM

BBs are just a hassle, if you needed to change out mags fast it could be a problem.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760knox View Post
BBs are just a hassle, if you needed to change out mags fast it could be a problem.
that's EXACTLY what legislators and LE fear most...going up against some one with that capability...
Old 01-22-2011, 1:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw View Post
that's EXACTLY what legislators and LE fear most...going up against some one with that capability...
The people they fear don't use BBs so the law fixed nothing.
Old 01-22-2011, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The people they fear don't use BBs so the law fixed nothing.
Exactly.

If a (semi*) wise but deranged mass murderer were to decide to take an EBR out and go gunning around town, I'd suspect they'd definitely eliminate their BB.
I doubt any restrictions on magazine capacity would enter their thoughts either.

And to be extra safe, They would also start in a GFSZ so as to reduce the possibility of anybody shooting back at them.

Visualize: Yeah dude, I was gonna go out and blast a bunch of mofo's downtown y'know, cuz I wuz like really pissed at the ol' lady but man, they done banned muh 30 roun' mags an I gots to have my ****ty lil 10 rounders locked in man. An 'sides man, they's a school just across the way man, I don' need no mo trouble wif da man. It jus' ain't wurf it. so I jus went home and chilled. Wish I could fire up a joint man, but that's agin' the law too.

Happens all the time, right?

*Semi in that there can be no true wisdom in any violent criminal act.
Old 01-22-2011, 2:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

neither choice is acceptable to me. we should be able to use what ever magazine type and capacity as other people get to in other states. the 10 round limit is BS IMO and it will probably be gone soon anyways. so hold guys we may get to use all standard cap mags soon.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-22-2011, 2:36 PM

My take would be to vote out any legislator that came up with this choice and vote in someone that would legislate for the 2nd Amendment.
Old 01-22-2011, 2:41 PM

In the purpose of the poll I go with 30 rnd mags in a BB gun. It makes more tactical sense this way. The BB does nothing to slow my reloads.

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/stor...black-378.html

Last edited by Laser Sailor; 01-22-2011 at 2:47 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 4:44 PM

I agree with all those asserting their right to both. However, that was not the question.

Of the two, I'd prefer regular mag release + 10 round limit. Unless I found myself in a warzone/surrounded by a Mexican drug cartel/chased by an entire biker gang, the 10 round limit would probably not inhibit effective defense. And, if there were a malfunction of some kind during a firefight, being able to drop the mag quickly without a tool could provide life-saving seconds to get the weapon operational again.

But, yes, I want both. (For the record, I own several RAWs.)
Old 01-22-2011, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

dang i wouldn't mind having to just have a regular bullet button if all required was just a 10 round mag!

"A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)
Old 01-22-2011, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser Sailor View Post
In the purpose of the poll I go with 30 rnd mags in a BB gun. It makes more tactical sense this way. The BB does nothing to slow my reloads.

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/stor...black-378.html
X2