Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-08-2015, 3:53 PM

Default Beretta 10 round Italian Vs USA made mags

so I recently got 6 9mm Beretta 10 round mags. 4 Italian and 2 USA made by Beretta . The Italian mags, all new are a ***** to load 10 rounds into. The USA made mags, factory new are much easier to load 10 rounds into. They look identical except the Italian mags have the extra mag release notch on the bottom. The springs seem the same, followers the same and will interchange. Im just curious if anyone else here has noticed this or its just me. When I swap springs and followers there is no difference in loading so Im guessing a minor variance in mag body dimensions.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:05 PM

i have some italian made beretta oem mags and some mecgar mags for 92fs/m9 and i find that the oem mags are easier to load the 10th round vs the mecgars i have. both are fine, not impossible. even easier with the maglula but the italians are definately slightly easier to load the last round.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:15 PM

I have both, and a MagLula makes short work of loading them.
Old 02-09-2015, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs762 View Post
so I recently got 6 9mm Beretta 10 round mags. 4 Italian and 2 USA made by Beretta . The Italian mags, all new are a ***** to load 10 rounds into. The USA made mags, factory new are much easier to load 10 rounds into. They look identical except the Italian mags have the extra mag release notch on the bottom. The springs seem the same, followers the same and will interchange. Im just curious if anyone else here has noticed this or its just me. When I swap springs and followers there is no difference in loading so Im guessing a minor variance in mag body dimensions.

I have 3 Italian 10 round 92 mags, and they will all take the 10th round with no problems.

Old 02-09-2015, 3:53 PM

then they probably just need some breaking in I guess..
Old 02-09-2015, 4:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My OEM 10 rounds are marked Made in Italy. These are the "sand resistant" with the bead down it's length. No problem stuffing 10 rounds into them.

I also have a bunch of Mecgar labeled 10 rounds. These have the dimples in the body to restrict capacity. No problems here either.