Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-11-2011, 3:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Default El Dorado SO Carry License Application Appointments are now online!.

I spoke with the sheriff's office recently, and now they apparently have an online appointment system similar to Sacramento County's appointment system. Sheriff D'Agostini has done tremendously well in fixing most of the issues, and it's an ongoing process and it's being fixed well.

El Dorado County Online Appointment Scheduler

Sheriff D'Agostini had worked with me personally on getting many rid of the previous sheriff's unlawful policies. For this, the Sheriff should be greatly commended for his efforts to work with me to make this happen. There should be further amendments to the policy as time goes on, but already, the three character reference has been eliminated.

El Dorado County residents, please feel free to give Sheriff D'Agostini many thanks for changing the good cause policy to self defense and continuing the process of eliminating state law violative policies with individual activists and volunteers.....
Old 01-11-2011, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

That is awesome!

Hopefully, other sheriffs will be willing to follow their lead w/online appointments and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
For this, the Sheriff and Gray Peterson should be greatly commended for their efforts to make this happen.
Fixed it for ya!

Thanks for all your work, Gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives. Crime Avoidance & Self-Defense Advice
Old 01-11-2011, 4:25 PM
Veteran Member

Any chance he could have a chat with Moonbeam?

"You will never know how little my generation has traded away our freedoms and rights for. I'm sorry and ashamed for what we've left to the following generations."
voiceofreason
Old 01-11-2011, 6:18 PM
Veteran Member

Very good news for EDCo residents.

Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match
Old 01-11-2011, 6:46 PM

Wow!! This is great news!!
Old 01-12-2011, 9:38 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Excellent news! El Dorado County residents or not, please make sure to drop Sheriff D'Agostini a line and thank him for his support of the 2A.

Member, CRPA Board of Directors
"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Search Calguns using Google
CGN Search plugin for Firefox & IE CA Shotgun AW ID Flowchart CA Handgun AW ID Flowchart CA Senate CA Assembly Anti-2A Search Plugin
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM

Wow thats a long time coming thank you very much Gray and the new Sheriff. It may take the Dept. a while to catch up and update. I saw that today the online ccw app still shows Kollars as Sheriff and requires the 3 letters.

Last edited by Hogxtz; 01-12-2011 at 10:28 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Default Remember John

Was on here during the campaign. I think he was "308sniper" He may well answer a PM.

I'll bet he is a very busy guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogxtz View Post
Wow thats a long time coming thank you very much Gray and the new Sheriff. It may take the Dept. a while to catch up and update. I saw that today the online ccw app still shows Kollars as Sheriff and requires the 3 letters.
Old 01-12-2011, 2:36 PM

+1 to the original post. Sheriff D'Agostini is a great guy and has our best interests at heart.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah & Virginia

www.LFIguns.com - serving the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area
Old 01-13-2011, 7:22 AM

I just went online to make an appt for El Dorado Sheriffs office. When you go to schedule an appt it comes up with the following form for you to agree to. I says you must have character reference letters...I thought that was going away. It asks you to check the box that you agree you provide that. I am unwilling to check a box to agree, if that is not required. Do any of you with insight know what the scoop is with this?

* EACH PERSON needs a separate appointment.

o Verification of age, applicant must be 21 years of age.

o Proof of residency in the form of California Driver License, utility bill or voter of registration in their name. Residents of the City of South Lake Tahoe should apply to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.

o Three character references letters are required to assist in substantiating good moral character. These letters must be signed and from individuals other than relatives. The writer must also acknowledge he or she understands the letter is for an application for a concealed weapons license.

o Provide proof that weapons/s are registered to the applicant.

o If applying for business purposes, a business license or other forms of verification will be required (tax bills, etc.)

o If applying for personal protection: law enforcement reports will be required.

o If applying as a result of your employment, your employer will have to provide a letter on letterhead detailing your duties & responsibilities.

o If you work in law enforcement, employment verification will be required.

By checking this box you are agreeing to the terms listed above.

* Required
Old 01-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeferd View Post
I just went online to make an appt for El Dorado Sheriffs office. When you go to schedule an appt it comes up with the following form for you to agree to. I says you must have character reference letters...I thought that was going away. It asks you to check the box that you agree you provide that. I am unwilling to check a box to agree, if that is not required. Do any of you with insight know what the scoop is with this?

* EACH PERSON needs a separate appointment.

o Verification of age, applicant must be 21 years of age.

o Proof of residency in the form of California Driver License, utility bill or voter of registration in their name. Residents of the City of South Lake Tahoe should apply to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department.

o Three character references letters are required to assist in substantiating good moral character. These letters must be signed and from individuals other than relatives. The writer must also acknowledge he or she understands the letter is for an application for a concealed weapons license.

o Provide proof that weapons/s are registered to the applicant.

o If applying for business purposes, a business license or other forms of verification will be required (tax bills, etc.)

o If applying for personal protection: law enforcement reports will be required.

o If applying as a result of your employment, your employer will have to provide a letter on letterhead detailing your duties & responsibilities.

o If you work in law enforcement, employment verification will be required.

By checking this box you are agreeing to the terms listed above.

* Required
Please ignore this.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Please ignore this.
Gray, with all due respect... why should people ignore this? Is it untrue? Or do you think it is OK to continue to ask for those items? Please elaborate.
Old 01-20-2011, 1:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Gray, with all due respect... why should people ignore this? Is it untrue? Or do you think it is OK to continue to ask for those items? Please elaborate.
It's untrue as of now, it's just that the website hasn't been updated with the information that is needed. If it's that big of a deal you can always call the records office and schedule an appointment over the phone.
Old 01-20-2011, 1:15 PM

Quote:
It's untrue as of now, it's just that the website hasn't been updated with the information that is needed. If it's that big of a deal you can always call the records office and schedule an appointment over the phone.
Which i have done... You do not need the 3 letters... It's very smooth whole interview and process took less than 20 minutes and most of that was fingerprinting.
Old 04-08-2011, 8:09 PM

How do you provide proof of weapons registration?
Old 04-08-2011, 8:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Kryan, you don't. The licensing authority cannot require proof of registration as a condition of processing the application.
Old 04-08-2011, 8:55 PM

will you at some piont? I've had some of my guns for a very long time.
I'm not sure I would be able to find a receipt from 20 years ago?
Old 05-12-2011, 3:52 PM

Default bump

Have my app. next week.
Can't wait.
Kevin
Old 05-12-2011, 4:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryan View Post
will you at some piont? I've had some of my guns for a very long time.
I'm not sure I would be able to find a receipt from 20 years ago?
There is a form on the doj website for requesting a list of all firearms registered to you. Alternatively the SO can probably run the serial number for your.
650-315-2210
http://CoyotePointArmory.com
Old 05-12-2011, 4:47 PM
Veteran Member

I no longer live in El Dorado County. But, I spoke with Mr.D'Agostini on a few occasions and he struck me as a very sincere individual. I made a point to explain the pros to electing Mr.D'Agostini as their sheriff to all my friends and family and co-workers. I'm very glad he prevailed in the election. The citizens of El Dorado County will benefit from his services. I'm glad to see the carry application process going smoothly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them, Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in, I would have done it. Senator Dianne Feinstein, CBS-TV's 60 Minutes, February 5, 1995