Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default CZ PCR - Need help picking a IWB holster

Hey guys,

So, I'm getting ready for an upcoming trip and I havent been able to find any stores that actually stock IWB holsters for my PCR to test out.

I made the mistake of buying a kydex style holster off of Ebay that looked ok, but after wearing it around the house for a few hours to test it, I found that it was super uncomfortable and started irritating my skin. Also, it was so damned tight that I had to really tug the gun to overcome the clamping force of this holster. I own several Bladetech holsters and they disengage the way they should... not like this thing did.

Is there anyone here that own a PCR and can recommend a good comfortable holster that can be worn for long periods? Im open to leather, kydex or hybrids.

I looked at Galco, but they dont have one specific to the PCR. Saw the high noon holsters, and they look promising... but I have no experience with them

Oh, and before someone asks... yes I do have a CCW permit for where I'm going. lol

Last edited by frickitsjon; 03-29-2016 at 10:36 PM..
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I think I have a couple I could dig up if you want to test them. I'm local.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 PM

Look/ask in the concealed carry threads. Also try the "Sticky" holster. It is sold by a dealer in that forum. I opened the package and thought "I paid $25 for that"? A few weeks later I tried it and wow! Very comfortable! A Kydex IWB is like having a hard-backed novel shoved behind my belt.
Re-holstering the sticky means taking the holster out, putting the gun back in and then IWB. My $.02 is that if you have to draw a gun then re-holstering is not the biggest issue you are facing.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:45 PM

I use alien gear and am happy with it. I carry a beretta 92fs in it no problems

With guns, we are 'citizens.'

Without them, we are 'subjects'.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a sticky holster that I'm testing out, but I have a fundamental problem with any holster that doesn't attach to the belt and provide better protection for the trigger and mag release. I'm hoping the sticky holster is enough to convince me, but thus far I'm still leery of not using leather.
Old 03-30-2016, 6:06 AM

I've had good luck with Cooks Holsters and Crossbreed. Both make holsters for the PCR. The cooks kydex holsters have the perfect amount of tension, IMHO.
Old 03-30-2016, 7:26 AM

I second the Alien it is very comfortable. I bought others that cost more and I like the Aluen much better
Old 03-30-2016, 8:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thanks for all the input guys. I looked into the sticky, but I'm in the same boat with it not having trigger protection and no real attachment for belt... I'm not sure thats the route for me.

I'll look at the Cooks and Aliens as well.

I also found this in my searching... it seems to have good reviews and it's a hybrid. Not familiar with this company though:

http://www.amazon.com/Right-Handed-A...ds=pcr+holster
Old 03-30-2016, 9:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm headed back to my old shop today. I'll dig out what I have there. I probably even have one I can loan you for the trip.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO1911Fan View Post
I'm headed back to my old shop today. I'll dig out what I have there. I probably even have one I can loan you for the trip.
SLO, thats very gracious of you. I'm not leaving for a couple weeks, so its no biggie. I have time left to pick something out to purchase. Was just looking for opinions on what everyone else had.

I might look into the one on Amazon from SHTF. Found some more reviews on them and they seem to be a pretty good hybrid. So, we'll see
Old 03-30-2016, 1:35 PM

Check with Garrett Industries. They make a Kydex holster that is leather lined. I own two. They are one of the best holsters I have ever used. I wear everyday for extended periods of time. Great company to deal with. Here is their fitment chart. Not sure if they can make what you want for that pistol but give them a call. http://www.giholsters.com/firearm-chart/
Old 03-30-2016, 1:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11287 View Post
Check with Garrett Industries. They make a Kydex holster that is leather lined. I own two. They are one of the best holsters I have ever used. I wear everyday for extended periods of time. Great company to deal with. Here is their fitment chart. Not sure if they can make what you want for that pistol but give them a call. http://www.giholsters.com/firearm-chart/
Looks like they have the 75d on the chart. Are you running the hybrid?

Last edited by frickitsjon; 03-30-2016 at 1:51 PM..
Old 03-30-2016, 1:50 PM

Have you looked at Stealth Gear USA? They have a number of CZ holsters listed. Not cheap - but very comfortable.
http://stealthgearusa.com/
Old 03-30-2016, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickitsjon View Post
Looks like they have the 75d on the chart. Are you running the hybrid?
I have the Silent Thunder Slim appendix IWB and the Silent Thunder STX 2.0. I use the IWB for a Glock 27 and the STX 2.0 for a CZ SP-01. The IWB is probable the most comfortable IWB I own. I have tried many including a Milt Sparks. I have a drawer full of other options I have tried. The STX 2.0 let me conceal a full size SP-01 with ease. It pulls it tight to the body. The company is very good to deal with.
Old 04-02-2016, 4:03 PM

I'm in the same boat. One brand I've been looking at are the Hidden Hybrid Holsters. The cool thing about their product is that it's both a OWB & IWB holster, with the leather/kydex combo.

http://www.hiddenhybridholsters.com/

The only thing is they don't have a specific offering for the PCR, but there is the 75 compact option. I'm unsure if it's close enough to comfortable seat and draw the PCR.

Someone also mentioned Alien Gear, which I've also been seriously considering. The benefit of that brand is that you can swap the kydex shells to use their holsters with multiple pistols, which also interchangeable with their OWB or their IWB.