Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:25 PM

Default Finding an FFL in CA that will do PPT on an AR Pistol

*** question moved to FFL section ***

I have more AR pistols than I need, and therefore I was thinking about selling at least one, but the FFL I usually use is not comfortable with doing Private Party Transfers on any AR pistols, which iI will respect, even though I think that they are the same as any other Off-Roster handgun since they were legally purchased before the SSE rules changed. The AR pistol will have fixed magazines per the new regulations (either a patriot mag release or something similar, I just haven't installed it yet).

Do you know any FFLs, ideally around the Sacramento area that aren't spooked by the CA DOJ and would do an off-roster AR Pistol PPT? I don't have a buyer so there is no rush. Just wanted to find a dealer first since I'm sure that will be the most difficult part.

Last edited by lionbassplayer; 09-19-2017 at 6:30 AM.. Reason: moved question to FFL section
Old 09-18-2017, 1:00 PM

Easiest way is to have the buyer just DROS the lower and you give the buyer the upper. I've done a PPT with that method and it's the preferred way for FFL's. As for finding one, I would make your post in the FFL section of forums. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=168
Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 AM

I would try Wild Bills in Elk Grove.

“Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can” Samual Adams