Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:21 PM

Default AAR - Falcon Security Group - Tactical Carbine 12/18

The weather forecasted Southern Cal's worst storm of the season. However we all received an email from Falcon, saying rain or shine we're training! This commitment to training and their students is what makes Falcon's training classes top notch in my book.

The day started with a detailed safety brief and a quick introduction from the instructors and students. Majority of the students were LEO or security contractors. A few of the civilians in attendance were experienced and had formal carbine training prior.

The live fire started with a quick BZO. Thankfully just a few folks needed minor adjustments, which the Falcon instructors remidied quickly. We immediately transitioned to DEA targets at 7 yds and began doing live fire drills which tested our competency with our optics and managing height over bore. Once eveyone was on board we quickly topped off mags, and moved to silhouettes for BSA drills, turning drills, and pistol transitions.

During lunch we were instructed on malfunction drills. Falcon has THE BEST malfunction training that I've seen. The second half the day we worked on shooting at multiple tangos, team communication, covering fire, and shooting on the move. The day ended with a barricade shooting and finally a friendly "shoot off". All of us were having so much fun, that we wanted to continue to shoot though the night, but the range had to close.

I want to mention that a couple students had critical malfunctions to their carbines rendering them useless. Falcon instructors quickly supplied these students with their personal carbines to complete the day. Again....thats what I call commitment!

What's taught at a one day Tactical carbine course with Falcon is normally a 2 day course with the "Other Guys". You get a lot of personal instruction and safety is always monumental!

I look forward to Falcon Security Group's 2011 schedule. I have been told new classes will be added to the depth of their training schedule.
Old 12-19-2010, 5:21 PM

Just bought an calif compliant ar15 and am considering a class or two to get checked out. I've taken several tactical handgun classes and have benefited from the instruction and am hoping to get the same with a carbine class. The question I have is how was the issue of having a bullet button and ten rounder for the civilians and high cap mags and no bullet button for LEOs handled.