Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 12-15-2010, 9:44 PM

Default need advice, keep M1 or sell and get a FNH SLP MK 1?

decisions decisions
I have been getting into 3 gun more and more but also enjoy the occasional trip to the trap and skeet area at the club. I have owned the M1 for about 5 years and really like the gun but i need a longer barrel and need to make some modifications like the stock and a little internal work or maybe just buy a new gun.
Looking at the prices it seems it would be more reasonable to Just sell the M1 and get the FNH slp mk1. it comes with a 22 inch barrel and the extended tube as well as a optics mount.

what would you guys do? i wish i could afford to have both but times have been tough for awhile and will not change in the near future, I feel lucky to be able to do what shooting i do at this point so having both is not an option.

so upgrade M1 or sell and get a SLP MK1?

"wildhawker
People generally do what they want, not what they can, or should."
Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 PM

Tough decision. I had been looking at the FN for 3 gun, and was waiting to see the new
SLP with the pistol grip. Shot a friends Salient Benelli M2 and loved it and ordered one.
Kicks more than the FN but is much lighter and will need less cleaning. Gas guns have to be run clean and lubed. I have been running a Rem 1100 Competition Master for the past 7 years and for the past 3.5 years it has been having issues. You could just send your M1 to Salient in So Cal and have them do the upgrades for less than a new FN.