Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-11-2017, 9:48 AM

Default Flashlight for Sig P226 Extreme

Can any body recommend a good rail light for a Sig P226 Extreme for home defense purposes? Im up in the air on a Streamlight TRL-1 or TRL-3 also open to others, I'm looking for 1 under about 130$ that u can buy holsters for also that butts up close to the trigger guard (TLR-3 doesnt) any advise or help would be great thank u

K.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

If you want a rugged light that will stand up to abuse, I would recommend either the Streamlight TLR-1 or Surefire X300. If you want something lightweight and streamlined for concealed carry, I would get the Surefire XC1.
Old 01-11-2017, 2:06 PM

TLR-1 HL. 630 lumens, reliable as they come. They're half the price of a Surefire and in my experience, have no noticeable decrease in quality. Great beam pattern for a handgun inside a home or outside in a yard. It will light up things further away than you could probably even hit with a pistol at night. I've purchased 4 of them from www.Nalpak.com (in person at their store front though not online). If you call them, not only will they price match any price they can verify on the internet, they will also beat it by 5%(has to be in stock and exact same product, even down to the color). I paid $108 for mine with their price matching. LA police gear has the lights for 124.99 right now so Nalpak would be around 118 not including tax + shipping of course.

Pair that light with your Sig and a Safariland ALS holster and you've got a setup that will last near forever. The ALS holster would work for a Streamlight TLR-1 HL or a Surefire X300.
Old 01-11-2017, 3:46 PM
Veteran Member

Honestly man, you can't go wrong with anything Surefire or Streamlight. And if anyone builds a holster for a light, they're going to build for Surefire first and Streamlight second.

Do give this some thought and check things before you buy the light. Surefire and Streamlight are the top two lights that holster makers build for but there are some that only build for Surefire. If you were carrying a Glock it probably wouldn't matter much but this could matter more in a Sig P226. So check that the holster you want is available if you decide to go with Streamlight...or something else.

Fighter Pilot
Old 01-11-2017, 8:38 PM

I appreciate the info and the help, was just looking online a saw the Sig Foxtrot 1 do u guys know any info on these?
Old 01-12-2017, 11:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!

I've got a Veridian green laser/light combo on my P226. Pricey but works great. Cost around $300.00.
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!