Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-05-2010, 9:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default CGF Request - Volunteer for Carry License Action in Your County Today!

All,

Calguns Foundation is actively seeking volunteers from each and every California county who want to make a difference and are free of any prohibiting history; for a list prohibiting conditions, see the end of this post. It's important that we have coverage in each county - let's "get the word out" across the state.

Unfortunately, we can't share much about the nature of this request just yet... As Bill Wiese says, "CGF: when you absolutely, positively have to sue every mother****** in the room!".

If you are interested in working with CGF to advance gun rights in your area and across California, please let us know by signing up to volunteer at Calguns Foundation at www.calgunsfoundation.org/volunteer.

If for some reason you can't get involved directly as a volunteer, consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to CGF which will go straight to the front lines and support the numerous lawsuits and initiatives coming soon.

Don't forget to sign up at www.calgunsfoundation.org and follow @CalgunsFdn for all the latest news and 2A resources. Please do pass the word along to your friends, family and shooting buddies. CGF is coming to town armed and ready with the nation's preeminent 2A litigators and operations team... and we're coming soon.

Thank you for your support; we look forward to working closely with you to advance our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

-Brandon

Prohibiting Conditions

CALIFORNIA PROHIBITING CATEGORIES FOR A CCW LICENSE
As of January, 1999
• Persons convicted of a felony, or any offense enumerated in section 12021.1 of the Penal Code (PC).
• Persons addicted to the use of narcotics.
• Persons denied firearm possession as a condition of probation pursuant to PC section 12021(d).
• Persons convicted of a specified misdemeanor pursuant to PC section 12021(c)(1) are prohibited from purchasing
or possessing firearms for 10 years (see Attachment 2).
• Juveniles adjudged wards of the juvenile court because they committed a 707(b) Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC)
offense, an offense described in PC section 1203.073(b) or any offense enumerated in PC section 12021(c)(1) are
prohibited until they reach age 30.
• Persons who are subject to a protective order as defined in section 6218 of the Family Code, or a temporary restraining order or injunction issued pursuant to sections 527.6 or 527.8 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
• Persons found by a court to be a danger to others because of mental illness.
• Persons found by a court to be mentally incompetent to stand trial.
• Persons found by a court to be not guilty by reason of insanity.
• Persons adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender.
• Persons placed on a conservatorship because they are gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder or impairment by chronic alcoholism
• Persons who communicate a threat to a licensed psychotherapist, against a reasonably identifiable victim, and the psychotherapist reports to law enforcement pursuant to WIC section 8100(b), are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm for 6 months.
• Persons in a mental health facility certified pursuant to WIC sections 5250, 5260, and 5270.15 are prohibited from possessing or purchasing or attempting to purchase firearms for 5 years.
• Persons who are voluntary patients in a mental facility who are determined to be a danger to self or others are prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm between admission and discharge.
• Persons under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
CALIFORNIA PROHIBITING MISDEMEANORS
As of January, 1999

Pursuant to Penal Code (PC) section 12021(c)(1), any person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor violation for any of the following offenses is prohibited from owning, possessing, or having under his or her custody or
control any firearms within 10 years of the conviction:
• Threatening public officers, employees and school officials (PC section 71).
• Threatening certain public officials, appointees, judges, staff or their families with the intent and apparent ability
to carry out the threat (PC section 76).
• Possessing a deadly weapon with the intent to intimidate a witness (PC section 136.5).
• Threatening witnesses, victims, or informants (PC section 140).
• Attempting to remove or take a firearm from the person or immediate presence of a public or peace officer (PC section 148(d)).
• Unauthorized possession of a weapon in a courtroom, courthouse or court building, or at a public meeting (PC section 171(b)).
• Bringing into or possessing a loaded firearm within the state capitol, legislative offices, etc. (PC section 171c).
• Taking into or possessing loaded firearms within the Governor’s Mansion or residence of other constitutional officers, etc. (PC section 171(d)).
• Supplying, selling or giving possession of a firearm to a person for participation in criminal street gangs (PC section 186.28).
• Assault (PC sections 240, 241)
• Battery (PC sections 242, 243).
• Assault with a stun gun or Taber weapon (PC section 244.5)
• Assault with deadly weapon or force likely to produce great bodily injury (PC section 245).
• Assault with a deadly weapon or instrument, by any means likely to produce great bodily injury or with a stun gun or Taber on a school employee engaged in performance of duties (PC section 245.5).
• Shooting at an inhabited or occupied dwelling house, building, vehicle, aircraft, horsecart or camper (PC section 246).
• Discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner (PC section 246.3)
• Shooting at an unoccupied aircraft, motor vehicle, or uninhabited building or dwelling house (PC section 247)
• Inflicting corporal injury on a spouse or significant other (PC section 273.5)
• Willfully violating a domestic protective order (PC section 273.6).
• Drawing, exhibiting, or using any deadly weapon other than a firearm (PC sections 417(a)(1), 417(a)(2)).
• Brandishing a firearm in presence of a peace officer (PC section 417.1 – repealed by stats. 1998).
• Drawing or exhibiting, selling, manufacturing, or distributing firearm replicas or imitations (PC section 417.2).
• Inflicting serious bodily injury as a result of brandishing (PC section 417.6).
• Bringing into or possessing firearms upon or within public schools and grounds (PC section 626.9).
• Stalking (PC section 646.9).
• Armed criminal action (PC section 12023).
• Possessing a deadly weapon with intent to commit an assault (PC section 12024).
• Driver or any vehicle who knowingly permits another person to discharge a firearm from the vehicle or any
person who will fully and maliciously discharges a firearm from a motor vehicle (PC sections 12034(b), 12034(d)).
• Criminal possession of a firearm (PC section 12040).
• Firearms dealer who sells or transfers or gives possession of any firearm to a minor or a handgun to a person under the age of 21 (PC section 12072(b)).
• Various violations involving sales and transfers of firearms (PC section 12072(g)(3)).
• Person or corporation who sells any concealable firearm to any minor (PC section 12100(a) – repealed by stats. 1994).
• Unauthorized possession/transportation of a machine gun (PC section 12220).
• Possession of ammunition designed to penetrate metal or armor (PC section 12320).
• Carrying a concealed or loaded firearm or other deadly weapon or wearing a peace officer uniform, while picketing (PC section 12590).
• Bringing firearm related contraband into juvenile hall (WIC section 871.5).
• Bringing firearm related contraband into a youth authority institution (WIC section 1001.5).
• Purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or deadly weapon by a person receiving in-patient treatment for a mental disorder, or by a person who has communicated to a licensed psychotherapist a serious threat of physical
violence against an identifiable victim (WIC section 8100).
• Providing a firearm or deadly weapon to a person described in WIC sections 8100 or 8103 (WIC section 8101).
• Purchase, possession, or receipt of a firearm or deadly weapon by a person who has been adjudicated to be a mentally disordered sex offender or found to be mentally incompetent to stand trial, or not guilty by reason of insanity, and individuals placed under a conservatorship (WIC section 8103).
FEDERAL PROHIBITING CATEGORIES FOR POSSESSING FIREARMS
Gun Control Act of 1968, Title 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44
As of January, 1999

Pursuant to Section 922, any person listed below is prohibited from possessing, shipping, transporting, or receiving any firearm, who:
• Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
• Is a fugitive from justice.
• Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
• Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution.
• Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States.
• Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
• Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced U.S. citizenship.
• Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
• Has been convicted in any court of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
• Is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.
• Has an out-of-state prohibitive criminal history.
• Has a prior denial on a previous National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) inquiry.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ok, we register at the link above, which takes us to "event registration", correct?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

That is correct!

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Done.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

Deja vu. Didn't a bunch of us email that info already, in response to another thread?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Yes, this is a duplicate thread in this section placed by request.

Old 12-07-2010, 8:03 AM

The date of event is listed as Nov 2010?
Old 12-07-2010, 9:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimz View Post
The date of event is listed as Nov 2010?
Ignore it.
Old 02-11-2011, 8:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

San Bernardino County sponsor added tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:43 PM

Alameda County sponsor added
Old 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM

It won't let me sign up to volunteer.
Old 06-26-2011, 8:44 AM
In Memoriam

Me either. I'd be willing to go for a CCW. I don't think I'm prohibited, and I've got time to deal with the nonsense I'm sure will be involved.
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . you are, after all, anonymous."
-Barry Ritholtz

Help be a better advocate for the 2nd Amendment here.
Old 06-27-2011, 5:03 AM

Is it safe to assume that having volunteered last November there is no need to do so again? I did receive a confirmation email from CGF, but that's about it.

Last edited by BanjoGunner; 06-27-2011 at 5:06 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoGunner View Post
Is it safe to assume that having volunteered last November there is no need to do so again? I did receive a confirmation email from CGF, but that's about it.
That's correct, if you received a confirmation from us then there's no need to volunteer again.

-Brandon

Old 08-21-2011, 8:43 AM

hmm this is very interesting, i have a clear and clean record but i live in san mateo county can i still get a ccw? and i wanna voulunteer for this.
Old 08-21-2011, 8:57 AM
Veteran Member

I want to volunteer, but don't want to get in over my head...

Will this include filling out forms and sending them in,

A couple hours passing flyers out,

More time than that?

5.56 vs. 308? http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=267737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter View Post
You are not a mall ninja. You are a defender of mall ninjas.
Old 08-23-2011, 1:12 PM

Default Volunteer

I tried to volunteer. I kept getting a message that the form was incomplete, but nothing was highlighted in pink as an error. It would not complete the process.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 PM

San Bernardino volunteer here
Old 11-10-2011, 8:46 AM

yolo county will volunteer .but would like to know what need to be done
Old 11-21-2011, 6:16 PM

Need to take care of a few things before applying for a ccw (like establish residency in. coCoCo). Willing to help in other ways in the meantime.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:03 PM

The link for Carry License Initiative Applicants results in a 404 error.
Old 01-13-2012, 3:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

https://calgunsfoundation.org/get-in...volunteer.html

But ya, I'm getting a 404 on the fund raising goal status link.
https://calgunsfoundation.org/resour...al-status.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-13-2012, 3:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I've having to do some on-the-fly programming on the live site. Bear with me, as SHOT and new lawsuits are #1 right now.

-Brandon

Old 01-23-2012, 2:49 PM
Veteran Member

Application asks if you are willing to apply for CCW but might get denied, I would most likely be denied as I am in Orange county, does that question still apply if you live in a no issue county? What happens in the future if you are denied? Thanks
Bersa .380
Old 01-23-2012, 2:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD9JEN View Post
Application asks if you are willing to apply for CCW but might get denied, I would most likely be denied as I am in Orange county, does that question still apply if you live in a no issue county? What happens in the future if you are denied? Thanks
As it stands, denials must be listed on the application; so, if you are denied, then that denial would presumably be listed on any subsequent applications. In a constitutional system of licensing (e.g. 'shall issue') a denial for something other than being prohibited would simply mean that you were previously unconstitutionally denied and not bear upon the new application.

See our Cary License Guides here: http://calgunsfoundation.org/resourc...y/9-carry.html

-Brandon

Old 03-05-2012, 2:39 PM

GREAT news today...absolutely HUGE. From Fox News' website:
BALTIMORE – Maryland residents do not have to provide a "good and substantial reason" to legally own a handgun, a federal judge ruled Monday, striking down as unconstitutional the state's requirements for getting a permit.
U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg wrote that states are allowed some leeway in deciding the way residents exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms, but Maryland's objective was to limit the number of firearms that individuals could carry, effectively creating a rationing system that rewarded those who provided the right answer for wanting to own a gun.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights," Legg wrote. "The right's existence is all the reason he needs."
Plaintiff Raymond Woollard obtained a handgun permit after fighting with an intruder in his Hampstead home in 2002, but was denied a renewal in 2009 because he could not show he had been subject to "threats occurring beyond his residence."
Woollard appealed, but his appeal was rejected by the review board, which found he hadn't demonstrated a "good and substantial reason" to carry a handgun as a reasonable precaution. The suit filed in 2010 claimed that Maryland didn't have a reason to deny the renewal and wrongly put the burden on Woollard to show why he still needed to carry a gun.
"People have the right to carry a gun for self-defense and don't have to prove that there's a special reason for them to seek the permit," said his attorney Alan Gura, who has challenged handgun bans in the District of Columbia and Chicago as an attorney with the Second Amendment Foundation. "We're not against the idea of a permit process, but the licensing system has to acknowledge that there's a right to bear arms."
In his ruling, Legg wrote that Second Amendment protections aren't limited to the household.
"In addition to self-defense, the (Second Amendment) right was also understood to allow for militia membership and hunting. To secure these rights, the Second Amendment's protections must extend beyond the home: neither hunting nor militia training is a household activity, and 'self-defense has to take place wherever (a) person happens to be,'" Legg wrote.
"Judge Legg's ruling takes a substantial step toward restoring the Second Amendment to its rightful place in the Bill of Rights and provides gun owners with another significant victory," said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "The federal district court has carefully spelled out the obvious, that the Second Amendment does not stop at one's doorstep, but protects us wherever we have a right to be."
The lawsuit names the state police superintendent and members of the Handgun Permit Review Board as defendants. A spokesman from Maryland's attorney general's office was not immediately available to comment.
Many states require gun permits, but six states, including Maryland, issue permits on a discretionary basis, Gura said. In most of those states, these challenges have not succeeded in U.S. District Courts, but they are being appealed, he said.
"Most states that choose to regulate the right to bear arms have licensing systems that are objective and straightforward," Gura said. "That's all that we want for Maryland."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1oHxsfHj4
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."-Mark Twain
"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."-Lord Acton
Old 03-05-2012, 2:39 PM

GREAT news today...absolutely HUGE. From Fox News' website:
BALTIMORE – Maryland residents do not have to provide a "good and substantial reason" to legally own a handgun, a federal judge ruled Monday, striking down as unconstitutional the state's requirements for getting a permit.
U.S. District Judge Benson Everett Legg wrote that states are allowed some leeway in deciding the way residents exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms, but Maryland's objective was to limit the number of firearms that individuals could carry, effectively creating a rationing system that rewarded those who provided the right answer for wanting to own a gun.

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights," Legg wrote. "The right's existence is all the reason he needs."
Plaintiff Raymond Woollard obtained a handgun permit after fighting with an intruder in his Hampstead home in 2002, but was denied a renewal in 2009 because he could not show he had been subject to "threats occurring beyond his residence."
Woollard appealed, but his appeal was rejected by the review board, which found he hadn't demonstrated a "good and substantial reason" to carry a handgun as a reasonable precaution. The suit filed in 2010 claimed that Maryland didn't have a reason to deny the renewal and wrongly put the burden on Woollard to show why he still needed to carry a gun.
"People have the right to carry a gun for self-defense and don't have to prove that there's a special reason for them to seek the permit," said his attorney Alan Gura, who has challenged handgun bans in the District of Columbia and Chicago as an attorney with the Second Amendment Foundation. "We're not against the idea of a permit process, but the licensing system has to acknowledge that there's a right to bear arms."
In his ruling, Legg wrote that Second Amendment protections aren't limited to the household.
"In addition to self-defense, the (Second Amendment) right was also understood to allow for militia membership and hunting. To secure these rights, the Second Amendment's protections must extend beyond the home: neither hunting nor militia training is a household activity, and 'self-defense has to take place wherever (a) person happens to be,'" Legg wrote.
"Judge Legg's ruling takes a substantial step toward restoring the Second Amendment to its rightful place in the Bill of Rights and provides gun owners with another significant victory," said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. "The federal district court has carefully spelled out the obvious, that the Second Amendment does not stop at one's doorstep, but protects us wherever we have a right to be."
The lawsuit names the state police superintendent and members of the Handgun Permit Review Board as defendants. A spokesman from Maryland's attorney general's office was not immediately available to comment.
Many states require gun permits, but six states, including Maryland, issue permits on a discretionary basis, Gura said. In most of those states, these challenges have not succeeded in U.S. District Courts, but they are being appealed, he said.
"Most states that choose to regulate the right to bear arms have licensing systems that are objective and straightforward," Gura said. "That's all that we want for Maryland."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...#ixzz1oHxsfHj4
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."-Mark Twain
"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."-Lord Acton
Old 06-04-2013, 1:29 AM

Any update for those wanting to apply in non issue counties?
Old 09-25-2014, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclerandy View Post
Any update for those wanting to apply in non issue counties?
Same here, in LA County. LTC volunteer page seems to 404 for me, and wasn't sure if I should use regular volunteer page.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk