Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 11-27-2010, 6:38 PM

Default Droid 2 vs Droid Incredible

I thinks its about time for me to get a smart phone. It looks like it will be through Verizon. I'm not sure if I should get the Droid 2 or the Droid Incredible, they would be the same price.

From what I understand the Incredible has an 8 megapixel camera while the droid 2 has a 5.0 megapixel. The Droid 2 has a slide out keyboard and better battery life though.

The processors are both 1GHz but I guess the Droid 2 has the TI OMAP which, from what I understand, is supposed to be slightly better and more overclockable, though I doubt I would ever overclock it.

Any opinions?
Old 11-27-2010, 6:42 PM
Veteran Member

Driod 2 sucks, I had one for about a week before it died on me twice, I ended up getting the Galaxy (which sucks at getting email but good on everything else)
Old 11-27-2010, 6:47 PM
Veteran Member

ive got a droid 2, and mama has the htc incredible. they are both great phones. mine has never died, and ive rooted it twice. havent gotten around to rooting the new gingerbread os, but it still runs very well with all the bloatware on it. the physical keyboard is the clincher for me, gotta have it. my fingers are too manly for a touch screen. mama likes the slimmer profile and lighter weight of the incredible, but i find it is not as easy to navigate. i bet she feels the same way about my phone. basically, if you want a slim touch phone, the htc is a good buy. if you want the actual keyboard and a solid phone with better battery life (and a more in-depth power management program to save even more) then the droid 2 is hard to beat. the droid x is a great pick if you want a smart phone that doubles as a toboggan or surfboard.
Old 11-27-2010, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos View Post
Driod 2 sucks, I had one for about a week before it died on me twice, I ended up getting the Galaxy (which sucks at getting email but good on everything else)
Was it covered under warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensix2x51 View Post
ive got a droid 2, and mama has the htc incredible. they are both great phones. mine has never died, and ive rooted it twice. havent gotten around to rooting the new gingerbread os, but it still runs very well with all the bloatware on it. the physical keyboard is the clincher for me, gotta have it. my fingers are too manly for a touch screen. mama likes the slimmer profile and lighter weight of the incredible, but i find it is not as easy to navigate. i bet she feels the same way about my phone. basically, if you want a slim touch phone, the htc is a good buy. if you want the actual keyboard and a solid phone with better battery life (and a more in-depth power management program to save even more) then the droid 2 is hard to beat. the droid x is a great pick if you want a smart phone that doubles as a toboggan or surfboard.
Thanks for the post. I like that the droid 2 has a keyboard but I'm not sure how much I would use it. I don't text message at all but I would like to get as much use out of the apps as I can. I don't take many pictures either though so I am leaning towards the Droid 2 now.
Old 11-27-2010, 7:23 PM

I got the Incredible and it's an amazing device. The fact that it's a great PHONE should not be overlooked. It's got great service and great sound. I didn't like the feel of the droid 2 with the slide out keyboard, it just felt to fragile. I didn't text much before, but now I do since it's very convenient on this phone. I do think the physical keyboard would be better for texting, but you stated that's not a priority for you so I would highly recommend the Incredible.
“Obama is the weakest of U.S. presidents, he had humiliating defeats in the region. Under him the Islamic awakening happened.” “Americans witnessed their greatest defeats in Obama’s era: Terrorism expanded, [the] U.S. had huge defeats under Obama [and] that is why they want to compromise with Iran.”

Ali Younesi, senior advisor to the Iranian President.
Old 11-27-2010, 7:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

well this is easy..the name says it all ""Incredible"" lol

seriously I have the Incredible and its a great phone overall..fast, light, and if you turn it sideways (for sevensix2x51) it has a larger keyboard and easier to use with larger fingers..instead of the sissy keyboard thingy, making it bulkier and heavier
Old 11-27-2010, 7:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi2451 View Post

Thanks for the post. I like that the droid 2 has a keyboard but I'm not sure how much I would use it. I don't text message at all but I would like to get as much use out of the apps as I can. I don't take many pictures either though so I am leaning towards the Droid 2 now.
all i do is text. i literally use a max of 15 minutes a month for actual phone calls, but a couple hundred texts a month is common for me.

but once you get a smart phone, you can watch your post count on calguns go through the roof while waiting for orders at work, or on a lunch break. sometimes i even connect to the wifi in my house if my laptop is put away.
Old 11-27-2010, 8:30 PM

I've got the Incredible. I rooted it and installed the Cyanogen Mod 6 ROM. It's a great phone.

--B
Old 11-28-2010, 6:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi2451 View Post

Yes, luckily I bought it from Costco and returned it the following week, I think the keys are useless as the touch screen was pretty good