Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 11-25-2010, 6:00 PM

Default Heritage Arms .22 revolver reviews?

Any opinions on the Heritage Arms revolvers? Looking for a Ruger single six revolver, but the Heritage's are priced pretty nice.
Old 11-25-2010, 6:53 PM

I had one (my first handgun), and it was a good gun at a fraction of Ruger's price. It came with both 22lr and 22mag cylinders, so it's as if you're getting 2 guns for price of one. I had no trouble finding buyers when I put it up for sale.
Old 11-25-2010, 6:56 PM

Pretty good single action .22 for the price. I've had one for almost 10 years. Shoot it fairly often, but mostly its my carry on the trails piece. Never could bring myself to buy a S%W kit gun.
Old 11-25-2010, 6:57 PM

i had the heritage kit with lr and mag, i was always concerned with how much wobble the cylinder had when it was supposed to be locked, so i got rid of it and bought a ruger... and never looked back
Old 11-25-2010, 10:03 PM

Ive had this one since the mid eightys[ on the right]

its a few years older than the current company. It shoots as well now as it ever did. check out gunslinger@freeforums for a fan site dedicated to the heritages big and small. its the gun I carry while weed whacking for snakes. its probably had 10 to 15 thousand rounds through it. its taught my 6 boys andcousins to shoot a pistol. after all this time Ive only had to change the trigger spring.the newest models spring still fits. I traded a $35 rifle for it, but they are on sale this weekend for $99.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:51 PM

Great little revolver for the price. Got one a few months ago. It shoots great with decent accuracy. I don't have any wobble problems. Best revolver under $200.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Calguns Addict

I bought the fixed sight model in .22lr with a extra .22 mag cylinder. I was a bit weary about its performance since it was such good price. In my experience with the gun it has served me very well. I have never had a problem with it. Functions flawlessly 100% of the time. I love my heritage single action. The only down side is the finish is crap, but for me that was not an issue at all because I bought it to be a gun that I can beat to hell out of and not care if it gets scratched up. I did have one slight issue with the sights. Since they are fixed it is just a front post and the top strap is grooved to be used as a rear sight. Well mine was shooting about 6" to the left. I pondered about what to do. On Heritages website it says to bend the front sight. Well I was a bit hesitant to do so but finally decided to do it. It worked out beautifully. I shoot better with my cheapy heritage than I do with my Ruger Mark III 22/45. I am not bashing the Ruger as I am actually a Ruger fanatic, but I just shoot better with the Heritage. I would have to say buy the darn thing.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...light=Heritage
Old 11-28-2010, 5:14 PM

If you like a nice finish and smooth high quality mechanics, the Ruger is well worth it and far superior in these aspects. If these points don't concern you, get the Heritage. It's pretty difficult for a single action revolver to malfunction, so that doesn't even factor in. Personally, I appreciate quality and find the cost of the Ruger to be well worth it.