Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 07-20-2017, 6:11 AM

Default SIG P320 with various x-change kits

So let's say that I have more than one P320, where the fire control group (FCG) is the firearm, along with a handful of x-change and grip kits.

If I want to sell a P320, do I have to sell it in the configuration in which I bought it, or can I sell it in any configuration?

To be more specific, the incoming PPT may have been a sub 9mm, but I want to keep that caliber and grip and sell it as a .40 full size because I don't want that x-change kit.

Is there any kind of matching going on at DOJ that will raise a flag that I sold a firearm that I never purchased, or that S/N xxxx is now a different caliber and barrel length?

NRA Patron, CRPA Life, SAF Life, GSSF Life, NRA RSO and pistol instructor, ILEETA instructor. Stop me before I join something else!
Old 07-20-2017, 8:41 AM

It should be removed from your AFIS report by serial number or at least show transferred. That being said I have found errors on my AFIS report of guns I had sold.
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
(949)768-5189
www.ocarmory.com
Old 07-20-2017, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCArmory View Post
It should be removed from your AFIS report by serial number or at least show transferred. That being said I have found errors on my AFIS report of guns I had sold.
Sorry! I forgot to mention that I am not an FFL but a private collector. I don't want to cause trouble for me, the buyer, or my transfer FFL.

NRA Patron, CRPA Life, SAF Life, GSSF Life, NRA RSO and pistol instructor, ILEETA instructor. Stop me before I join something else!
Old 07-20-2017, 9:37 AM

AFS is the automated firearms system. It is for your personal firearms that are on record as being transferred to you.
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
(949)768-5189
www.ocarmory.com
Old 07-20-2017, 9:37 AM
Calguns Addict

As far as I know, there is no issue with selling it in any configuration. I suspect it is the same as with some of the SSEs in which it was originally transferred as a different caliber.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 07-21-2017, 2:45 AM

AFS is bad at "deregistering".

I have an ongoing case where DOJ-APPS wants me to make a DROS correction to a PPT, to what the previous FFL entered, as opposed to what is actually on the gun. Why? Because the original sale wasn't superseded by the PPT, and the original owner is still showing as a prohibited person, with a gun...
Old 07-21-2017, 3:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbur View Post
AFS is bad at "deregistering".

I have an ongoing case where DOJ-APPS wants me to make a DROS correction to a PPT, to what the previous FFL entered, as opposed to what is actually on the gun. Why? Because the original sale wasn't superseded by the PPT, and the original owner is still showing as a prohibited person, with a gun...
Sounds like that is their problem, not yours. You might remind them that you sign the DROS under penalty of perjury and that if they are suggesting that you make a false statement, it could be a serious problem for them and that they should contact an attorney as they are pushing you to commit a criminal act.

The person could send in a no longer in possession. Also, if a prohibited person sold a firearm out of state, the CA records would not change at all.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 07-23-2017, 3:01 AM

Pretty much what I told them.

But to the original point; sending in a Automated Firearms System (AFS)
Request for Firearm Records would probably reveal guns still registered to a person that they PPT'd away. Filing the NOTICE OF NO LONGER IN POSSESSION is probably required more often that we'd like to hope.
Old 07-23-2017, 7:50 AM
Calguns Addict

From what I have heard, they don't delete the records.