Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 02-11-2012, 9:24 AM

Default AK47 Sighting in

I have had some problems sighting in my AK build which required substantial front sight and rear sight adjustment.
Review the following and comment please.

AK47 Sighting in

Ideally, if the front and rear sight, the “line of sight” (POA), are exactly parallel with the bore of the barrel then the point of impact (POI) will coincide with the line of sight, or point of aim (POA).

If the front sight is canted to the left, say at 11 o’clock instead of 12 o’c then the line of sight (POA) is skewed left in relation to the barrel bore. The point of impact (POI) would then be to the right of the point of aim (POA). The target would show the bullet hole to be to the right of the 10x ring. The POA does not coincide with the barrel bore (POI)

Solution: move the rear sight to the left which would move the POI to the left.
Or,turn the front sight to the right (clockwise) to move the front sight post to the 12 oc position and moving the POI to the left.

Note: Rear sight adjustment always moves the POA in the same direction as the movement of the RS---example, POI is to the right of the 10x ring; moving the RS to the right will result in POA coinciding with POI.

Front sight adjustment moves the POI in the opposite direction. If the POI is to the right of the 10x ring then move the front sight to the left. This will move the POI to the 10x ring when holding on the 10x ring.
Old 02-11-2012, 1:26 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Also, try to work in a way to use a hammer during adjustment.