Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 11-24-2010, 2:03 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Default New CZ UltraLux Mini Range Report

Went to the range this morning to zero the rifle with the Williams Receiver Sight. After 50 rounds I shot this target (3" bull) @ 100 yds. 7 rounds with one obvious flyer, maybe the ammo but probably me. Used Federal Automatch. The combination of the rifle and sight is pretty amazing.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:01 PM

Nice Izzy!
Got a pic of your new cz?
Old 11-29-2010, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh100 View Post
Nice Izzy!
Got a pic of your new cz?
Here is a link with pics: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=366632

Looks better in person than in the pics. It is hands down the best rifle I have ever owned and love the 28.5" barrel. What a sight radius.
Old 11-29-2010, 7:51 PM

Sweet!!!!
Damn.. I already got 2 CZs... now you got me adding another to my "want" list.
I've thought about the williams peeps, but my eyes aren't what they used to be like.
Old 11-29-2010, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh100 View Post
Sweet!!!!
Damn.. I already got 2 CZs... now you got me adding another to my "want" list.
I've thought about the williams peeps, but my eyes aren't what they used to be like.
My eyes are not very good either but there is just something about the williams sight that lets me shoot pretty good with them. I was horrible with normal iron sights since I'm farsighted. Then again maybe I was just lucky the first time out. We'll see what I do at my next range visit.

As far as the UltraLux goes I swear its the best handling, most accurate rifle I have ever shot. Too bad we aren't located closer you could try the wiliams on your rifle. Only takes about a minute to install them.

Two CZs, which ones? I am lusting after a full stock model just for the look.

Edit: You know if you got a williams sight for one of your CZs and it didn't work out, you could sell it on rimfirecentral.com in a heartbeat. They are pretty inexpensive at around $68 shipped.

Last edited by Izzy43; 11-29-2010 at 8:34 PM.. Reason: Added note about williams sight
Old 11-29-2010, 8:51 PM

I have an American, and a Scout (my 11year son's) but I still like to shoot it too! Unfortunately, my shooting opportunties have vanished as of late.

I would enjoy a full stock too. Problem is my firearms want list is starting to fill up, while my wallet gets thinner and thinner!

Maybe I'll ask Santa for a peep sight!

Cheers!
Old 11-29-2010, 9:14 PM
Prawn Lives Matter
CGN Contributor

Izzy, Whats wrong with the factory sight on the Ultra?
I've heard great things about them, but never fired one.
Peeps I've used on a few of my levers, but never thought about on a CZ bolt.
Looked at your post on RFC and I'm confused. I thought that the Ultra Lux were made from Turkish walnut, the Lux from plain walnut, and the trainer using beech wood which is s bit heavier. -g

Anyone who wants to 'fundamentally change' the USA is not a patriot.

**WTB stock **(M1917\Enfield P-17)**
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
Izzy, Whats wrong with the factory sight on the Ultra?
I've heard great things about them, but never fired one.
Peeps I've used on a few of my levers, but never thought about on a CZ bolt.
Looked at your post on RFC and I'm confused. I thought that the Ultra Lux were made from Turkish walnut, the Lux from plain walnut, and the trainer using beech wood which is s bit heavier. -g
Nothing wrong with the factory sight, in fact it is very good. However the Williams sight mounts at the very back of the receiver and adds about 7" to the sight radius, hence more accuracy.

On the CZ-USA website it does say the UltraLux has a turkish walnut stock, however its actually beech with a walnut stain. I knew that before purchasing. It is an error on the website.

I became interested in the Williams Receiver sight on the UL due to the postings by Mr. William Harper on Rimfirecentral.com. He has done some extensive testing of ammo with the Williams out to 300yds with great success. I intend to find a spot in the desert to attempt some of the same shooting once I practice alot with the sight. Mr. Harper has some very interesting posts in the CZ sub-forum on RFC. He shoots out to 600yds using a different receiver sight with an UltraLux and Hyper velocity .22lr ammo. Amazing stuff.

PS: Just noticed your location. I have a brother that lives in Walnut Creek and has for about 30 years.

Last edited by Izzy43; 11-29-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: note about location