Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-28-2006, 7:03 PM
Veteran Member

Exclamation Costco Gun Safe on Sale!!!

Please, don't let your guns get into the hands of Bad Guys. My stomach turns every time I read or hear another story about bad guys stealing a bunch of guns, especially the kind we all fancy so much. Buy a freaking gun safe.

Now.

Stop putting it off. Do it now. Use a credit card. Now.

Costco.com
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...opnav=&browse=

You will not find a better deal than this. $999.99, and that includes delivery to your curb. 30cuft, fireproof, 600lbs, predrilled holes for bolting it to the floor, and it has a digital combo lock so you can get it open in around one second. This is the safe I own and yes, you really can open it in a second. It's fantastic.

And what really amazes me is that it's ON SALE right now. I can't believe it! $899.99 delivered! But the website says you only have until Friday to get the extra $100 off.

I'm serious, if you are one of those fools who owns guns but you keep putting off buying a gun safe, stop being a fool. Buy this safe right now. You will not find a better deal. Period.

And you will never regret buying it.

Stop thinking, just do it! Just click on the link or go to Costco.com and do it right this minute.
Old 06-28-2006, 7:18 PM

Isn't this the one that they have for $700-$800 at there stores? Of course you don't get the delivery and $100 to $200 is nothing for delivery for a safe like this.
Old 06-28-2006, 7:23 PM
Banned

yeah delivery for a safe like that is about $150-$200 and is well worth it! I would suggest you install a mounting board (as think as possible), with the biggest screws and as many screws as possible at the location you plan to store the safe. This way when the safe comes for delivery you can just drop it off and bolt the safe to the mounting board. A 600 lb safe bolted to the floor and wall will be quite a task to take.
Old 06-28-2006, 7:35 PM

Be aware that "delivery to the curb" means just that, to the curb. You need to have a plan how to get it from the street into your house or garage and take it off the shipping pallet. Consider renting an appliance dolly and inviting a couple of friends over.
Old 06-28-2006, 7:52 PM

Costco delivered my safe all the way to my room and unpacked it. They also took the trash and set it in the corner where I wanted it.
Old 06-28-2006, 7:56 PM

looks like the Canon Patriot http://www.cannonsafe.com/safesamericaneagle/ that was made for Costco and named the executive...

Cost from http://deansafe.com/ is $836. Standard delivery is like 150 (with pleanty of 50% off delivery cupons around), and install/bolting service is available... just a thought...
Old 06-28-2006, 8:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

That looks bigger than than the one they usually have in the warehouse.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 06-28-2006, 9:38 PM

Default Winchester safe

The Winchester Safes at Sams Club are also a good deal right now. They also have external hinges which lets you open the door a lot farther than the Costco. Best part was the sub-$600 price for a fire lined electronic lock safe of decent size.
Old 06-28-2006, 9:55 PM
Veteran Member

My buddy slipped the delivery a 20 and asked if he would help take it inside.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Isn't this the one that they have for $700-$800 at there stores? Of course you don't get the delivery and $100 to $200 is nothing for delivery for a safe like this.
I think the Costco link info said it was the "wide" body model (36"). The ones I usuually see at Costco are the 30" wide models.

Quote:
High-quality WIDE BODY safe is designed to provide plenty of space for storage of almost all of your valuables conveniently in your home or office in this Executive Vault that protects from both fire and burglary. It features a massive 3/16-inch solid plate steel door, one-inch active-locking bolts, True lock internal hinges, Sure Fire multiple re-lockers and so much more!
Seems like decent deal with the $100 coupon.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hrmmm, you would have to post this after I put a down payment on a Liberty Safe. It is amazing how much more Liberty Safes are....of course the fire protection rating is much higher. Now I am wondering if paying 3 x the price is worth that protection. Seems like both would protect the same vs theft.
I may be switching my order now after seeing this.
thanks!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:01 AM

That's a $40 tip minimum to help move. I wouldn't touch that for $20.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawku
Hrmmm, you would have to post this after I put a down payment on a Liberty Safe. It is amazing how much more Liberty Safes are....of course the fire protection rating is much higher. Now I am wondering if paying 3 x the price is worth that protection. Seems like both would protect the same vs theft.
I may be switching my order now after seeing this.
thanks!!!!
I have this safe from Costco and I have seen the Liberty safes. Liberty safes have a much thicker door so thats why your paying 3X more. However I like my safe from Costco, only cost me $690 a year ago at the store and it weighs near 600 lbs. and I would do fine in a smash and grap situation. I am still young so I will probably have to get another or upgrade to a Liberty safe in the future.
Old 06-29-2006, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1aowner
That's a $40 tip minimum to help move. I wouldn't touch that for $20.
No safe mover is EVER going to see where I'm going to put my safe. I'll find a way to move it myself.

Mike
Old 06-29-2006, 7:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger
No safe mover is EVER going to see where I'm going to put my safe. I'll find a way to move it myself.

Mike
hope you don't have stairs and narrow hallways. you are only putting your friends and yourself at risk if you intend to move it yourself... then again if you have access to the proper dollies, lifts, and straps you should be ok.
Old 06-29-2006, 7:15 AM

Small PVC pipe sections (nipples) are a "godsend" when moving these babies.
Old 06-29-2006, 7:41 AM

For those starting out home depot had some sentry safes on sale for 370 something bucks. It's not a big safe but for beginners who are quick to buy many handguns at one time, its something to look at.
Old 06-29-2006, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartmanR1
hope you don't have stairs and narrow hallways. you are only putting your friends and yourself at risk if you intend to move it yourself... then again if you have access to the proper dollies, lifts, and straps you should be ok.
I get that part... but I'd rather leave it down in the garage and deal with humidity/temp issues than have a delivery guy know where I was placing it.

Call me paranoid.

Some people don't have a choice, though, I know.

Mike
Old 06-29-2006, 9:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger
I get that part... but I'd rather leave it down in the garage and deal with humidity/temp issues than have a delivery guy know where I was placing it.
I believe the guys from Liberty Safe that moved my safe were bonded. They'd been associated with the local safe store for years. Two were semiretired guys. They were very sharp, knew how not to mangle my tile floor or damage my stairwell and understood discretion in getting safe in the house (it was covered appropriately).

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.