Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Default How necessary is it to have a DOJ letter for an AR-15?

I'm new to this site as well as to AR-15s. So far I have found all the information in this forum extremely helpful and I'm therefore greatly appreciative of this forum and all the participants.

I'm out to do my first build and in the process of obtaining an OLL. My first question referenced in the subject line is derived from a lot negative feedback I have been getting in trying to find an FFL dealer that is willing to transfer an OLL. My second question is, where I can find the most recent ban list for CA? I have seen the pdf that has been psoted in various threads and just wondering if that's the current one in use. More specifically I've been looking at the Global Tactical (http://www.globaltactical.com/axami/...rd=292&prd=293) and the Armeetec (http://www.ameetecarms.com/) stripped receviers and just wanted to make sure these are off list (also any reviews of these receivers would great!)

Sorry for the long-winded post but I just wanted to make sure I cover my nonono
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/awguide/index.html
Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Those are off-list. It really doesn't matter which brand you get, you just need to get one. I see you are in Burlingame. San Jose's Gun Exchange has OLLs for sale, go down and see what they have or call them first. If you try to contact a manufacturer and see if they can ship them in, you are probably wasting your time as that has been done. Just find a dealer that has them and get them from them. SJGE might be the closest to you. Someone else will answer if there is someone closer. Just get a lower and then later on you can worry about getting the specific ones you want.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 06-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Veteran Member

If you need a lower just send us a email, we'll point you in the right direction.

CWS....WE CAN GO HOT ANYTIME....

CALIFORNICATION AT IT'S BEST...

BRD....BLACK RIFLE DISEASE.......SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 1:47 PM

stay away from vulcan!
Old 06-28-2006, 2:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have an Ameetec lower and it's finish is smoother than my High Standard lowers. I wouldn't hesitate to get another High Standard lower though. Get whatever you can, but the finish on the Ameetecs are great.
Old 06-28-2006, 2:40 PM

i figured that the first thing i need to do is just get my hands on a lower. i just called SJGE and they got a shipment in, but they're processing through them because there are quite a few people who have put deposits on them so i'll find out tomorrow.. keeping fingers crossed!

if any one ekse out there knows of any dealers local to the bay/penninsula/so bay area let me know. thanks again for the help
Old 06-28-2006, 2:48 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Make sure you contact Cold War Shooters as they have transfer dealers all over and they have a huge selection of lowers to choose from. www.coldwarshooters.com

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 06-28-2006, 6:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

You can also order an OLL from CWS and have it shipped to the Gun Exchange... Just call CWS, and then bring a copy of your receipt to the store, start the paperwork, and then wait 10 days and then pick it up.
Old 06-28-2006, 7:04 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I have a few on stock but Im in Contra Costa and I have 1 in stock at a Milpitas FFL.

The thing to do is start that 10 day wait asap, then you can add stuff to that dros if you want.

BTW where the heck were you 4 months ago?
Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6172crew
... then you can add stuff to that dros if you want.
what do you mean add stuff to that dros?