Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 10-06-2010, 9:39 PM
NRA Endowment Life Member
CGN Contributor

Default A place to "out" bad deals?

Is there a proper forum that I am not seeing where I can vent about a sale gone bad?
I have been contacted by other buyers about a particular seller and we are all pissed.
Is there any other mechanism other than teh iTrader system for letting other people know to beware?
Thanks,
JB
Old 11-10-2010, 4:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acfarer View Post
Is there a proper forum that I am not seeing where I can vent about a sale gone bad?
I have been contacted by other buyers about a particular seller and we are all pissed.
Is there any other mechanism other than teh iTrader system for letting other people know to beware?
Thanks,
JB
As someone who's been here for a bit, something like the "Reviews" section of the FAL Files would work. Why this forum is so pissy-girly about outing an unethical seller is hard to fathom.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 11-10-2010, 5:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Why don't all of those pissed off people give the guy negative itrader feedback? If the guy is so bad to deal with, if his itrader rating wasn't 100% it'd be easy for others to identify them as a problematic seller. People might miss the rant you want to post, they won't miss that every post of this bad seller will have less than 100% positive feedback listed in it.
Old 11-10-2010, 6:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Why don't all of those pissed off people give the guy negative itrader feedback? If the guy is so bad to deal with, if his itrader rating wasn't 100% it'd be easy for others to identify them as a problematic seller. People might miss the rant you want to post, they won't miss that every post of this bad seller will have less than 100% positive feedback listed in it.
Because you can only post negative feed back if you've lost your money on the dealer.

That means the seller can misrepresent the weapon, raise the price, fail to meet up with you on an ftf transfer, ship late, and do anything else to jerk you around and all you can give is neutral feedback.

It's just as important to note buyer issues, as well as seller info.

A "Reviews" forum allows both sides to tell their stories...not nearly enough room in the itrader forum.

-hanko

I never once felt out of place or that people were intolerant...but then again, I didn't ask any dumbass questions ...saxman

“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Old 11-10-2010, 6:21 PM

OP, looking at your iTrader, it wasn't difficult to figure out who you are talking about. If you and the 3 other people after you didn't bother to check or didn't care about the seller's less than perfect iTrader rating, I doubt there's much more this forum could do to help you guys.

I feel the iTrader rating system is really the easiest way to provide warnings about a seller to potential buyers.
Old 11-10-2010, 6:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acfarer View Post
Thanks,
JB
I would say i-trader would be a good place to respond to buyers or sellers.
Old 11-10-2010, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Because you can only post negative feed back if you've lost your money on the dealer.

That means the seller can misrepresent the weapon, raise the price, fail to meet up with you on an ftf transfer, ship late, and do anything else to jerk you around and all you can give is neutral feedback.

A "Reviews" forum allows both sides to tell their stories...not nearly enough room in the itrader forum.

-hanko
How would a "Reviews" forum be any different from the iTrader system? If a potential buyer or seller is too lazy to click and check the other person's iTrader feedback (including reading the actual feedback and not just the number/percentage), why would they bother to search through a "Reviews" forum for feedback?

Sellers and buyers are already provided an outlet to tell their side of the story on the other person's iTrader. I do agree, though, the guidelines for determining proper ratings for specific actions does need to be reviewed and possibly amended. I feel the guidelines are rather ambiguous and could use clarification. I'm of the opinion that misrepresenting the item for sale, raising prices, and last minute backing out of a ftf meet should result in a negative iTrader rating as the person getting jerked around is out of money.
Old 11-10-2010, 7:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i1800collect View Post
How would a "Reviews" forum be any different from the iTrader system? If a potential buyer or seller is too lazy to click and check the other person's iTrader feedback (including reading the actual feedback and not just the number/percentage), why would they bother to search through a "Reviews" forum for feedback?

Sellers and buyers are already provided an outlet to tell their side of the story on the other person's iTrader. I do agree, though, the guidelines for determining proper ratings for specific actions does need to be reviewed and possibly amended. I feel the guidelines are rather ambiguous and could use clarification. I'm of the opinion that misrepresenting the item for sale, raising prices, and last minute backing out of a ftf meet should result in a negative iTrader rating as the person getting jerked around is out of money.
Misrepresenting an item and changing prices should result in a negative yes, but backing out of a ftf at the last minute is the problem. You'd need to define "last minute" and even then in that instance the buyer isn't out the cash for the item anyway, neutral makes sense for things like that I suppose.

At least it seems to be moderated unlike ebay's old feedback system, where no matter what happened if you were the buyer and you left neutral or negative feedback, you were guaranteed to get a negative back in retaliation(although the undisputable negative feedback for sellers is still crap... got one of those for BS.. long story and doesn't belong here)

At least with itrader, I can see the seller's feedback with one click as I'm looking at their items for sale. With review threads I'd have to go searching for their thread, then read the entire thing.
Old 11-15-2010, 3:34 PM

It seems you just gotta go with the flow on calguns to do deals if you want to play. I usually have another member contact sellers for me if I want to buy or sell something, hence me having 0 iTrader. We have been jacked around numerous times by lowballers,flakes,ect.

We just learn to grin and bear it sometimes and enjoy when we do get a decent deal without heartache.
Old 11-15-2010, 3:51 PM
Calguns Addict

What we need is a reviews forum . . . we can do without some of the 800 forums nobody visits. Meanwhile, reviews are posted all over the site.

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!
Old 11-15-2010, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khram View Post
It seems you just gotta go with the flow on calguns to do deals if you want to play. I usually have another member contact sellers for me if I want to buy or sell something, hence me having 0 iTrader. We have been jacked around numerous times by lowballers,flakes,ect.

We just learn to grin and bear it sometimes and enjoy when we do get a decent deal without heartache.
I feel sorry for you Khram, I've NEVER had a bad deal in any way from any calgunner. I'm sure just like any organization, calguns has it's rotten apples, but I'm happy to say I've yet to encounter a bad transaction from anybody here.
Old 11-15-2010, 6:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post

-hanko
you CAN infact give negative iTrader feedback for someone failing to showup.
say I agreed with someone to meet somewhere, he didnt show, I burned gas that costs money, and time is money.
Old 11-15-2010, 8:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Outed:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/itrader.php?u=15324
Old 11-16-2010, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderedtoastman View Post
I feel sorry for you Khram, I've NEVER had a bad deal in any way from any calgunner. I'm sure just like any organization, calguns has it's rotten apples, but I'm happy to say I've yet to encounter a bad transaction from anybody here.

Probably just a numbers game and luck on your part. Hope it doesn't happen to you but it probably will once you get a lot of deals going. We have bought or sold probably like 100 or so.

I'm curious if the mods have a certain threshhold where if your iTrader is bad or many complaints they will ban a member or it case by case or what?

I think in most cases scammers and prob sellers if banned just come back under a different name later on anyhow.

Just be careful out there, have fun,hope for the best,and hope every once in a while you snag a decent deal. So far I'm happy with my last two.
Old 11-16-2010, 4:07 PM
Veteran Member

I've had great luck dealing with CalGunners......I do wish you could "out" crappy deals and save some NooB from getting screwed, alas this isn't my house so I abide by the rules.
"Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."