Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 06-13-2006, 5:39 PM
Veteran Member

Default Are the mag fed semi Russian shotguns....

Okay to buy in CA? Not sure what the law is on those. With Harrott no longer in place AK action type guns are legal. But were the Russian mag fed shotguns specifically named somewhere else?
Old 06-13-2006, 6:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Regretfully mag fed semi-auto shotguns are banned by characteristic....

7 down below

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
Old 06-13-2006, 6:04 PM
Veteran Member

Bummer.....

Those Saiga shotguns are nice.

Oh well, I understand as the 5 round detachable mag semi Saiga is more dangerous than my 9 round tube fed Benelli M-3. with speed loaders
Old 06-13-2006, 6:10 PM

a lot of shoties CAN accept a detachable mag, there are kits out there...... i am sure they will ban them someday...........
Old 06-13-2006, 7:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I know you can plug the gas systems on that and turn it into a pull per shot you got a slow firing shotgun shaped like an AK.

Though I wouldn't want a shotgun that neutered. Our poor guns theyre like Lions and Tigers except they are eunichs.
Old 06-14-2006, 8:12 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjoesd
a lot of shoties CAN accept a detachable mag, there are kits out there...... i am sure they will ban them someday...........
Pump shotguns are not restricted.

You can buy a detachable magazine for a Mossberg 500 from Knoxx, and the Valtro PM-5 includes a detachable magazine.