Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 10-25-2010, 5:20 PM

Default The Glass Factory Clean-up

Hello,

I went to the Glass Factory yesterday and it was messy. Seeing if anyone was interested in volunteering for a range clean up there sometime soon. Maybe we would go early in the morning and then shoot afterwards like you guys did last time.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Then from there we can set a date, etc.
Old 10-25-2010, 6:41 PM

I have never been there, But i am always interested in range cleanups, I clean cherry creek, and apache canyon everytime i go there, take at least three bags of trash home every time.

I am available weekends, let me know when you all want to head up there, There is a thread a little ways down where they cleaned up the glass factory and it looked awesome! i cant believe its already dirty, My fiance wants to go as well, hopefully she will have her sig by then!
Old 10-25-2010, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v0s View Post
I have never been there, But i am always interested in range cleanups, I clean cherry creek, and apache canyon everytime i go there, take at least three bags of trash home every time.

I am available weekends, let me know when you all want to head up there, There is a thread a little ways down where they cleaned up the glass factory and it looked awesome! i cant believe its already dirty, My fiance wants to go as well, hopefully she will have her sig by then!
Awesome! Well, once we get some more volunteers, then we can go ahead and set up a day and time. I will let you know. Thanks!

Yeah, I also saw that thread about the clean-up there done at the end of July. That is how I found out about the Glass Factory. It was my first time going there yesterday and honestly, the way it is set up, it is my favorite so far around here. Everyone that shoots there is really nice as well and had no problem ceasing fire to go set up targets.

It is sad to see that it is so dirty already. There is a lot of trash, beer cans (scary), big pieces of metal boxes (who knows what they are), etc.
Old 10-25-2010, 7:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Interested.

Just set a date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

Soon it will be clearly immoral to routinely violate the bill of rights like the California courts so enjoy today.

-Gene
Old 10-25-2010, 7:41 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm interested too. I'd be coming up from LA.
Old 10-25-2010, 8:49 PM

Ok, just to get an idea, around when would everyone be available to go out there?
I am thinking sometime next month as to avoid any rain that may or may not occur in December.

Would a Saturday work best for everyone?

I am thinking either November 6 or 20. Let me know.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluSS View Post
It is sad to see that it is so dirty already. There is a lot of trash, beer cans (scary), big pieces of metal boxes (who knows what they are), etc.
I did see people drinking beer up there one time, which probably wasn't the best idea. But some of the cans could have just been targets.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:11 AM

I'm down to help. Could not make the last one.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
CGSSA Associate

If I am avail. it'd be on the 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets View Post
5 guys, hot damn thats some good eat'n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromensch View Post
damn, i duped my own thread...first time i did a poll
Old 10-26-2010, 2:06 AM

where is this place and is it close to la?
Old 10-26-2010, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbopanda View Post
I did see people drinking beer up there one time, which probably wasn't the best idea. But some of the cans could have just been targets.
Yeah, I would have used them as targets too, except the cans were smashed down.

Alcohol+Guns=NO GOOD IMO
Old 10-26-2010, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoitsbruce View Post
where is this place and is it close to la?
Depends on what part of LA you are in. The Glass Factory is located in Santa Barbara County. It takes me 1 hour to get there from Camarillo (Ventura County). But the reason it takes that long is because the drive up the mountain is very twisty, so you have to drive slow. But the view on the drive up is AMAZING. On the right side you have a view of the Ocean and Santa Cruz Island, and on the left you have this gorgeous view of mountain range. It is incredible.

Let me know if you are interested! I will post directions as well in a little bit.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM

So it seems that November 20th (Saturday) will work best since it gives everyone time to make arrangements. Plus, it will be after the Ventura County gun show which is on the 13th so we can all stock up on ammo!

I figure:

Date: November 20, 2010
Time: 8:00 or 9:00 a.m. (if everyone agrees)

I have a truck, shovels, rakes, brooms, trash bags.
I will also bring water and donuts! If anyone wants to bring any food/beverages, please do! Also, everyone please bring what they have as well, whether it is a truck, rakes, etc.

I will create a list to see who is going for sure. So if you are going for sure, please let me know how many will commit.

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 AM
CGSSA Associate

Nov 20th! - Marking the date on the calendar

DONT FORGET WORK GLOVES

lots of rusty edges out there.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
So it seems that November 20th (Saturday) will work best since it gives everyone time to make arrangements. Plus, it will be after the Ventura County gun show which is on the 13th so we can all stock up on ammo!

I figure:

Date: November 20, 2010
Time: 8:00 or 9:00 a.m. (if everyone agrees)

I have a truck, shovels, rakes, brooms, trash bags.
I will also bring water and donuts! If anyone wants to bring any food/beverages, please do! Also, everyone please bring what they have as well, whether it is a truck, rakes, etc.

I will create a list to see who is going for sure. So if you are going for sure, please let me know how many will commit.

Thanks everyone!
Why dont you PM kidnk9s. He did the last clean up up 7/31 and was able to get the Rangers, local Fire Crews, local media and local businesses(Marborg Disposal brought a trash rolloff) involved. Probably too short of notice now, but he mayby able to help with some of the local businesses.

He can contact the Ranger station that manages that area to try and shut down the range(for the clean up) for the day.

We were there on Saturday 10/23 also, and it was trashed again.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
Nov 20th! - Marking the date on the calendar

DONT FORGET WORK GLOVES

lots of rusty edges out there.
Oh yeah, thanks!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Why dont you PM kidnk9s. He did the last clean up up 7/31 and was able to get the Rangers, local Fire Crews, local media and local businesses(Marborg Disposal brought a trash rolloff) involved. Probably too short of notice now, but he mayby able to help with some of the local businesses.

He can contact the Ranger station that manages that area to try and shut down the range(for the clean up) for the day.

We were there on Saturday 10/23 also, and it was trashed again.
Thanks, will do!
Old 10-26-2010, 7:44 PM

See you all there.
Old 10-26-2010, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Depends on what part of LA you are in. The Glass Factory is located in Santa Barbara County. It takes me 1 hour to get there from Camarillo (Ventura County). But the reason it takes that long is because the drive up the mountain is very twisty, so you have to drive slow. But the view on the drive up is AMAZING. On the right side you have a view of the Ocean and Santa Cruz Island, and on the left you have this gorgeous view of mountain range. It is incredible.

Let me know if you are interested! I will post directions as well in a little bit.
yeah im interested, camirillo is about close to an hour away but should be about 2 hours for me. ill try to make it out i just need the directions. how much space needs to be clean up there?
Old 10-27-2010, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoitsbruce View Post
yeah im interested, camirillo is about close to an hour away but should be about 2 hours for me. ill try to make it out i just need the directions. how much space needs to be clean up there?
Here are pics from the last clean-up just so you can get an idea of how much space needs to be cleaned up.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=260315&page=4

This is how to get there:

Run Highway 101 to Santa Barbara -- Exit 154/Chchuma Lake -- Go 8 miles to the top -- Take Right on East Camino Cielo -- Go 5.2 miles -- Gun Range is on the Left
Old 10-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Calguns Addict

The 20th is marked on my calendar.

I'll bring a couple of tools and some trash bags. The only real concern at these is the disposal of the trash. A truck and a end-destination depository are good starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

Soon it will be clearly immoral to routinely violate the bill of rights like the California courts so enjoy today.

-Gene
Old 10-27-2010, 11:25 AM

I have four people interested. Possibly 7. I will be bringing a truck and trailer for trash. Also I plan on dumping in Ventura off Victoria its the closest place I know.

I will bring rakes, shovels, easy ups, water and extra gloves. See you all there.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopi View Post

I'll bring a couple of tools and some trash bags. The only real concern at these is the disposal of the trash. A truck and a end-destination depository are good starts.
I will look into that. I have a truck and I can borrow my dads trailer, although the trailer isn't enclosed so it would only be good to haul away anything that is large. The truck beds can be used to haul away bags of trash.
Old 10-27-2010, 1:19 PM

I am going to bring a truck net for my trailer. That way it can haul bags too
Old 10-27-2010, 1:39 PM

Quote:
I have four people interested. Possibly 7. I will be bringing a truck and trailer for trash. Also I plan on dumping in Ventura off Victoria its the closest place I know.

I will bring rakes, shovels, easy ups, water and extra gloves. See you all there.
Awesome thanks!

I just spoke with kidnk9s who is trying to pull together some resources. The problem is that it is very expensive to dump trash at certain locations.

Also, he said he will call the rangers to see if they can close the range for a little bit while we clean. I was thinking that we can also go up like 2 weeks before and post signs to let people know that we will be closing the range for a little bit to clean and that they are more than welcome to volunteer.
Old 10-27-2010, 1:40 PM

Quote:
I am going to bring a truck net for my trailer. That way it can haul bags too
Oh, where can I get one of those?
Old 10-27-2010, 4:39 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopi View Post

Ive spoken with a gentleman who's name escapes me, but he sometimes runs the Forest Pass stand at red rock - he mentioned that the ranger station @ the base of ECC gave him the thumbs up to leave range debris. I met him one day i was up there taking a few bags out and he shook my hand and we talked a bit. Good fellow, when i mentioned calguns he scratched his head and said " internet... forums.... ? "

so i didnt pursue that conversation direction

That being said, im up there a lot nowadays, but on a dirtbike instead of shooting - ill make a concious effort to stop by the station and ask about drop offs. Im going riding this weekend again, so ill try to update on sunday afternoon

edit: Signs are a great idea.
Old 10-27-2010, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
Ive spoken with a gentleman who's name escapes me, but he sometimes runs the Forest Pass stand at red rock - he mentioned that the ranger station @ the base of ECC gave him the thumbs up to leave range debris. I met him one day i was up there taking a few bags out and he shook my hand and we talked a bit. Good fellow, when i mentioned calguns he scratched his head and said " internet... forums.... ? "

so i didnt pursue that conversation direction

That being said, im up there a lot nowadays, but on a dirtbike instead of shooting - ill make a concious effort to stop by the station and ask about drop offs. Im going riding this weekend again, so ill try to update on sunday afternoon

edit: Signs are a great idea.

Thank you so much! Let us know!
Old 10-27-2010, 7:23 PM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Haha, it was dirty the very next week. I'll see what my schedule looks like and try to make it out.
Old 10-27-2010, 9:44 PM
Hold my beer & watch this
CGN Contributor

My brother was telling me that he went shooting at the glass factory once but he wasn't sure what time of the year it was open. I was thinking about making a trip down there and was wondering what time of the year it is usually open?
Old 10-27-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Oh, where can I get one of those?
They have them at autozone and pep boys, I love them because you can pile things 5 feet high in a truck bed and not worry about loosing them.

I am headed up there this sunday to check out the amount of trash and i have had absolutly no luck contacting someone with resources to dispose of the garbage, I am gonna eat the 20 dollars and just dump it in ventura on my way home ha ha ha.

I really wish there was a way we could have a range lifeguard out there taking care of the Aholes who bring this crap up and leave it. I mean we have federal funding for a multitude of things, why not full time cleaning crews for various gun ranges....
Old 10-28-2010, 9:13 AM

Only $20 at the dump in Ventura? I think I will go there as well. I will also bring a few trash bags to just dump in my own personal trash at home.

I agree with a cleaning crew for these ranges! It is so sad to see people be disrespectful, and even scary that these people own guns!

I am gonna try to go up there this Saturday to check things out and maybe post up signs and try and talk to the Rangers. Maybe me being a woman can persuade them and even get some sympathy!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 AM

When you talk to the rangers a low cut shirt might help, Just kidding, it never works for me

Yeah its the dump off of victoria, last time i was there you could dump anything for 20 bucks, they had some weight limits, but that was for the size of truck, and my fathers 7400 pound ford made it so we should be good. (f350 dually quadcab)

I did consulting work for a company that used government grants to remove invasive plant species and clean up ventura beaches. I never asked but i wonder where "cleaning up the national forest" fits in there. ha ha ha Talk about a dream job, plus you get to shoot after a long day ha ha ha
Old 10-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
When you talk to the rangers a low cut shirt might help, Just kidding, it never works for me

Yeah its the dump off of victoria, last time i was there you could dump anything for 20 bucks, they had some weight limits, but that was for the size of truck, and my fathers 7400 pound ford made it so we should be good. (f350 dually quadcab)

I did consulting work for a company that used government grants to remove invasive plant species and clean up ventura beaches. I never asked but i wonder where "cleaning up the national forest" fits in there. ha ha ha Talk about a dream job, plus you get to shoot after a long day ha ha ha
A low cut shirt and a short skirt! HAHAHAA.

That is great news about the dumb off of Victoria. I think I have been there once before. I just have a Tacoma, so I should be good on the weight limit. However, if my dad goes, he has a huge lifted H2 and would be pulling the trailer. Hopefully that would pass.

Yeah, it would be a great job! I should ditch accounting and apply! LOL
Old 10-28-2010, 2:55 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzer77 View Post
My brother was telling me that he went shooting at the glass factory once but he wasn't sure what time of the year it was open. I was thinking about making a trip down there and was wondering what time of the year it is usually open?
in 2010 - Calgunners and other gun enthusiasts kept the range open ALL YEAR ROUND

Old 11-02-2010, 4:23 PM

Hey everyone,

Craig is working on getting the range closed from 8-12 for our clean-up. He is also seeing if he can't get a dumpster donated.
Old 11-03-2010, 8:31 AM

I'm in! Ill bring my truck up, some tools, and a few friends to help. Might be able to get a few friends to bring there trucks as well.

I'm also local here in SB, so if we need any help getting this thing started let me know!
Old 11-03-2010, 10:56 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasdowning View Post
I'm in! Ill bring my truck up, some tools, and a few friends to help. Might be able to get a few friends to bring there trucks as well.

I'm also local here in SB, so if we need any help getting this thing started let me know!
Also, Craig (kidnk9s) just left me a voice mail. He said he spoke to the ranger who agreed to meet us up there in the morning on the 20th to close the range and provide any other assistance we might need.

He also said that they will send the boys camp (???) up there a few days before to sweep everything into piles for us! Should be an pretty quick and efficient clean-up for us. More time for shooting afterwards
Old 11-04-2010, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks!

Also, Craig (kidnk9s) just left me a voice mail. He said he spoke to the ranger who agreed to meet us up there in the morning on the 20th to close the range and provide any other assistance we might need.

He also said that they will send the boys camp (???) up there a few days before to sweep everything into piles for us! Should be an pretty quick and efficient clean-up for us. More time for shooting afterwards
The juvenile inmates at Los Prietos (detention facility on Paradise Road that you pass on the way to Red Rock).

Sawdust
Old 11-04-2010, 9:24 AM
CGSSA Associate

I'll be up at the Upper OSO ohv on saturday am . Ill do some chatting with any ranger i see and get some direction from them who to contact regarding removal as well.