Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 10-20-2010, 2:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Paxton Quigley in WashPo?

LA Times editorializes in favor of Incorporation?

Brady Campaign being marginalized by Democrats?

Pigs Flying...
..................Cats and Dogs living together...

Paxton Quigley in the Washington Post! http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pol...with_guns.html

Holy Mackerel!

Quote:
Women with guns

I have trained 7,000 women between the ages of 11 and 80 to shoot guns. Many of them were like me: scared or opposed to guns Ė and not wanting to deal with the idea of using one. But they had a wake-up call that made them persist.

Mine was a 2 a.m. phone call when I learned a close friend had been raped in her own home. I decided this would not happen to me. So I made an appointment at a gun range and then canceled because of fear. But I rescheduled it and learned the basics.

Knowing how to defend yourself gives you the grounding for basic survival any place in the world. Women on our frontier accepted that the world was a dangerous place and many knew how to use firearms to defend their families. But today we allow women to become victimized because as a society we are squeamish to acknowledge the dark underbelly of our culture. One in six women is raped, a crime that also sometimes ends in murder. Rapists are rarely caught and, when they are, itís after an average of 15 crimes.

Today, it is legal in 40 states to carry a concealed weapon. Thatís just one option in an arsenal of self-protection for women but sometimes itís the best one. Some day I hope that while women can think the best of the world, they will be prepared for the worst. Victimization isnít a prerequisite to discovering ways to achieve your own personal power.
Guns are becoming "re-normalized" in our society.

.we
.are
.winning

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 10-20-2010, 5:07 PM
Banned

Wasn't Quigley pro-gun way earlier than it was cool to be? Once Helmke and Leftwich turn their backs on the International Criminals Union and become full blown victim ARMAMENT proponents... we have won.
Old 10-20-2010, 9:07 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
LA Times editorializes in favor of Incorporation?

Brady Campaign being marginalized by Democrats?

Pigs Flying...
..................Cats and Dogs living together...

Paxton Quigley in the Washington Post! http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pol...with_guns.html

Holy Mackerel!

Guns are becoming "re-normalized" in our society.

.we
.are
.winning

Yes We Are!!
Old 10-20-2010, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Once Helmke and Leftwich turn their backs on the International Criminals Union and become full blown victim ARMAMENT proponents... we have won.
Nah. Have them successfully sued and/or prosecuted as accomplices to thousands of rapes, murders, and assaults of those living under disarmament policies they helped create and uphold. Allowing them to simply skate on that is an intolerable injustice. Between them in their combined careers they've probably hurt as many people as Saddam Hussein.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned

Cherry on top. "Oops, sorry, your penance is not enough and can never be enough for the treason and lesser crimes you've committed... welcome to Death Row - Leavenworth."
Old 10-20-2010, 11:02 PM

marginalizing Helmke to the point that he looks like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad should be good enough, but probably not.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:18 AM

PQ has been teaching gun safety for years and posts regularly on TheFiringLine.